C2H...What are you thinkin'?
All things...6 - One year anniv. of X leaving
All things work together for good...7
All things work together for good...8
All things work together for good...9
All things ...10 - One year anniv. D Final
All things ...11 - PEACE WITH MR. X!
All things work together for good...12
All things ...12 - 1 anniv. X's wedding and ALOHA! (should have been "All things ...13" ooops! \:\) )
ALOHA! All things work together for good...14
All things work together for good...15
All things work together for good...16

Summary: (Note: this summary was written 4/8/07 and has pretty much remained the same since then. My confidence that God would work things out for His good have simply been confirmed over and over again)
M 16.5
S 14, D 16 (live with mom); SS 25 (lives with me)

11/05 - X files D \:\(
7/06 - X moved out with kids (I offered X the house but she declined so I bought her out. Immediately OM is in the picture continuously at her new place)

10/17/06 - D final

5/07 - X Marries OM \:\(
11/07 - Arrange face to face with Mr. X to forgive him. \:\)

The marriage was rocky for over 10 years. X had an affair with a different OM around 98/99. We separated for 6 months from 6/99 to 12/99 (I moved because of her hysterics and volatility) but got back together. After X moved this time, I attempted to "stand" for the marriage but since coming back to the board in 8/06, I slowly moved from vigorously standing, to remaining open to reconciliation to deciding that I would not reconcile. X getting married closed the door on reconciliation for good.

X and I have been Christians since before we started dating, X has asserted that God has given her permission to D and has paved her way to be with OM who is not a Christian (uh, yeah, that sounds like a message straight from the throne of God).

My title comes from the Bible verse:

Quote:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

I own my part in the demise of marriage but I believe my X had no grounds for divorce according to our professed faith and the teachings we held from the Bible. Yet, I still maintain that God will use this situation to work for His greater good.

Getting A Life
The transition from being devastated at the realization that OM was not "Just a friend," to "Standing for the marriage" to "Getting A Life" and finally deciding I would not take X back has been an extremely challenging journey but God has provided the people, resources total support that I have needed including the people in this forum. My life has become increasingly full, an amazing adventure with blessing after blessing after blessing.

"Gracias, Multumesc, Yo, Toda, Thank You, Mahalo...Gracias!"
A huge "thank you" goes out to Michele for making this forum available for us DBers who tried and yet still wound up in this forum. An equally huge "thank you" goes out to the people in this forum who lend an ear, offer sage advice or a shoulder (or thread) to cry on. There have been plenty of very challenging times I have had to go through to this point and this forum and the people in it have helped immeasurably in bringing healing.

The "Thank you" line? Places I've gone (or am going to) since X left: Mexico, Romania, New York, Israel, Washington D.C., Hawaii...Spain (Nov/Dec)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
OP Offline
What's happening?

A month or two until I most likely lose my home, 4 months until I travel to Spain, summer dates with my daughter continue, one year before she goes off to college and tons of fun with my young son for the foreseeable future (our common love of basketball).

All things [Still] work together for good for those who love God (and I definitely do), to those who are called according to His purpose (I have no doubt He called me).

Last month my prayers for developing a closer relationship with my daughter were answered through the opportunity to be her taxi for summer school and through the establishing of our date nights now that her sports schedule lightened for the summer.

My house situation will play itself out over the summer but whatever happens, I do have a place to stay while I prepare for a long term solution.

As I mentioned at the start of my last post, I am ready to explore opportunities as they arise in the area of building friendships that could lead to something more. My life is very full BUT some things could be moved aside if the right frogette comes along.

Life remains awfully good even without a lovely green being along my side. So, for now, I will just hop along, helping others along the way, serving my God. He never leaves me nor forsakes and my life is an exiting story with new pages being added day by day.

The following link is to the bible college in SPAIN where we will go to support outreaches to the community for our upcoming trip.

So, lets see what adventure awaits us!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
So am I first??
FIRST
just coffee tho please

You sound good sweetpea!
Sorry about the house tho, I really am, you seem to have a good out look on it though, I am glad. Do you have a new place set up?

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

K
K
ok sorry, i see you did say that. I was caught scanning! but i wanted to be first!!! then go back and read hahaa
dang!

Ok good,glad you have a place, boy houses have gone downnnnn, mine is less then half what it was worth 5 yrs ago.
Lots of people seem to want to rent until its a good time to sell again, so that may work for you! Same area?

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Coffee it is! By the way, I have some Ambiance Music for you my fellow Southern Californian!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C2,

In the midst of so much stress you always sound so up! Nobody can argue that faith works wonders and so does knowing that you're living your life with gratitude for all of your Blessings. I think that we all wish to have a smidg of your relationship with God. I truly believe that you were put here to teach & remind us of what it's really all about!

Did you say ambiance music? For K?? What a waste.

Love,
Bethie

C
C
hey there toots, I was wondering how the thing with your house was coming along, hope it works out. A mocha wouldnt' hurt \:\)

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
OP Offline

Bethie, gratitude, yup, very, very important.

Quote:
did ya hear the song? LOL. Very appropriate for us So Cal types.

Quote:
A mocha wouldnt' hurt

How about this Mocha?

Quote:
Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister, Sister Flow
Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister, Sister Flow

He met Marmalade down in Old New Orleans
Struttin' her stuff on the street
She said "Hello,
Hey Joe, you wanna give it a go?" oh

Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya Ta Ta
Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya Here
Mocha choca lata Ya Ya
Creole Lady Marmalade

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
\:D

I am also still wondering about the house. If nothing can be done, then I will go live with my sister who recently moved into my parents old home. They were going to sell but decided to keep it for my sister who left her long time common law husband. Unfortunately the guy just never lived up to his responsibilities.

My sister has three teens who grew up with my kids so when my kids visit, it will be like one big party. A bit crowded but one big party...or at least that is what I am going to tell everyone.

You get lemons, make lemonade, right? \:\)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
K
K
Quote:

What the flip???

Thank you C! That is our motto for sure!
I tho like a more disco feel : Shake your groove thing.
\:\)

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Or

Shake Your Booty

Shake it up Tonight

Shake Your Body Down to the Ground

I Feel the Earth Move Under my Feet

Speaking of things shaking, it is kind of eerie regarding this last earthquake. You can always count on one good after shock following a quake but not this time. Hmmmmm?

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard