Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
OP Offline
Posted to SG today:
Quote:
A song by the Clark Sisters is now playing and I'm thinking of you, it is entitled, "Blessed and Highly favored" and it just somehow seems appropriate for so many of us on the board but I think, particularly you.

You can't visit my thread and not know that I truly believe I am so blessed and [undeservedly] highly favored. (the version I was listening to Blessed and Highly Favored (live)

Quote:
Verse 1:
He brought me through hard trials
He brought me through tribulations
Never let a day go by and not realize
Had not been for the Lord who was on my side

Back was against the wall
He looked out for me
He heard my cry and rescued me
Never let a day go by and not realize we are blessed

Chorus:
Don't take it for granted that we are here today
Just know that we're blessed and highly favored
Just know that we're blessed and highly favored

Verse

Chorus

Bridge:
As I look back through the years,
It's amazing how He kept me.

What the devil mean't for evil,
God turned it around,
Turned it around just for my good.

I know that I am blessed and highly favored.
Just know that we're blessed and highly favored.

Vamp 1:
It coulda' been me,
It shoulda' been me,
It woulda' been me if it wasn’t for the blood.

Vamp 2:
Grace, mercy.
Grace, mercy.

Ending:
Just know that we're blessed and highly favored,
just know that we're blessed and highly favored.

So, I give this day unto my Lord, looking for ways to love others (as I pause to pray for X and Mr. X...)

There is a major outreach and crusade this weekend in L.A., for those so inclined, please pray for it. Somebody Loves You

Have a BLESSED day and weekend!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
There ya go again. I make a simple statement about Jill (as a spectator of course) and you turn it all on me. Am I not entitled to my own observations? I'm just a sweet Catholic girl from Boston..........

Well C2 errrrr George, I'm getting excited for you with your upcoming trip to Spain. It is amazing how everything fell into place. Oh I know that you prayed and your prayers were answered, but when things like this happen it makes us all take a good hard look at how we really have to put our faith in where it belongs.

I'm thinking I should probably invest in one of those computer programs to learn Spanish if I want to be able to read your posts. I noticed lately that you're writing more in Spanish than English, so by the time you get back I'll need to be packing a Spanish/English dictionary to read through them anyway. Besides, what else do I have to fill my time?

Love,
Bethie

OP Offline
Romans 8:28 Report (My old job)

Two days ago I found out our receptionist's husband works for the company that let me go just before my X left me. At that time, I trusted God even though it seemed like rotten timing and an unjustified dismissal. I have seen how it all worked out for God's good but I also now have even more insight as to how God was looking out for me.

Her husband works in the same department I worked (he joined them 5 months after I was exited) and has a position similar to the one I held. Since I left, major changes for the worse have taken place and I would have been absolutely miserable there. The poor guy is under major major stress! It is a private university and he is enrolled in a graduate program so he is not willing to leave at this point because his tuition is paid for- he is between a rock and a hard place and I feel his pain.

ALSO, a few months before I was "shown the exit door," I had requested permission to attend school which they denied (a company benefit that has to be approved). Had they approved it, I would have invested lots of time and energy into that degree and then may have been like this guy, wanting to leave but wanting to stick it out until the degree was completed.

Oh what a miserable wreck I would have been, all while trying to be a good father to my kids yet never having the time to see them because of job and school demands.

Ya see why I affirm that I am So Blessed? Even in losing my position, nothing happens to God's children without his permission and it is designed to work out where He gets the praise, honor and glory. \:\)

Love my life,

George

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
C
awwwww, you sweet talker you \:D how did you know I was wearing one of my summer dresses today? lol!

You are going to do so well! and being in CA I bet you'll have plenty of chances to practice, he he. An idea that perhaps is a no-brainer, is to watch a movie with the spanish version on with english subheads, though the translation sometimes isnt' the best you'll get the gist of it.

MUA! have a very blessed day, God is good! I'm so glad that you got a new job much much better than the other one \:\)

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
OP Offline
cat LOVE your idea \:\)

Quote:
Besides, what else do I have to fill my time?
pole practice?

Quote:
I'm just a sweet Catholic girl from Boston.......

That explains a lot. Of course love ya just as you are!

So, my last post just affirms what you wrote about where we put our faith. Even when I don't understand what's going on, I trust Him and it makes my life so much easier and really reduces the stress. If God's got it under control, why do I need to worry? I just need to do my part, love Him, live right, ask forgiveness when I mess up (multiple times, daily) read his word, pray without ceasing and then my steps are ordered by Him.

Lsst night, in fighting traffic to go get my bible (I debated whether to drive the 40 minutes or to do it another day), I got to the church just before a monthly men's gathering would be taking place. So, since I was there, I stayed for the service.

They had a nationally known guest speaker, Dr. Harold Sala of Guidelines Ministries He is a vibrant 70 year young man who gave an incredible message. The worship, men only, singing their hearts out, brought tears to my eyes.

The message was really one to stir up the men and encourage them to live rightly, in the eyes of God, to present their bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable before God (Romans 12:1) It was the kind of message that would make a man squirm in his seat if he was "dabbling" in anything he shouldn't be dabbling in.

I felt good knowing that the things he was urging the men to do and pursue are the very things I have been doing because of my willingness to say, "Lord, not my will but yours be done."

So, once again, I was truly blessed by simply going to buy a bible.

Love my life!

George

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
C
that's awesome C2H. I hate to say it like this, but once stbx takes the kids for the night I look forward to going to the "home churches" the spanish church of my denomination organizes during the week, I used to go before I got married and it was awesome (I usually go to the english church with my kids, we are used to it now).

oh! and by the way, watch a movie you've already watched, that way you'll know what they are saying :), some translate all the profanity some soften it up, lol, I remember watching Lethal Weapon 3 (or 2) in spanish, and when Mel is falling down a building the spanish version has him yell "noooooooooo", the english version has him say "sh************t" lol!

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
OP Offline
Quote:
and when Mel is falling down a building the spanish version has him yell "noooooooooo", the english version has him say "sh************t" lol!
what, not "Aye carumba?" LOL

So cat, is spanish your first language? The way you were writing about church, sounds like it might be or maybe that you simply like to hear the service in Spanish. I dunno so I ask.

Thanks again for the tips, now to find something worth watching. ( I should check out the local library)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
C
yes, I'm spanish, because of stbx we'd go to the english speaking church, my kids grew up going to that church so we are staying there.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
OP Offline
wow, like of "spanish" decent, Spain? am I going to your homeland?

(eek, now I might be self conscious about how poor my ability to conjugate really is. Naw, gonna go for it just the same. Pride, beat down pride! )

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
C
not quite, I guess i'm hispanic, lol, dont' like the term "latina" for some reason, I'm from South America. I think it is cute when gringos mispronounce their words, he he, it's funny.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard