All things work together for good...7
All things work together for good...8
All things work together for good...9
All things ...10 - One year anniv. D Final
All things ...11 - PEACE WITH MR. X!
All things work together for good...12

Summary:
M 16.5
S 14, D 16 (live with mom); SS 25 (lives with me)

11/05 - X files D \:\(
7/06 - X moved out with kids (I offered X the house but she declined so I bought her out. Immediately OM is in the picture continuously at her new place)
10/17/06 - D final
5/07 - X Marries OM \:o
11/07 - Arrange face to face with Mr. X to forgive him.

The marriage was rocky for over 10 years. X had an affair with a different OM around 98/99. We separated for 6 months from 6/99 to 12/99 (I moved because of her hysterics and volatility) but got back together. After X moved this time, I attempted to "stand" for the marriage but since coming back to the board in 8/06, I slowly moved from vigorously standing, to remaining open to reconciliation to deciding that I would not reconcile. X getting married closed the door on reconciliation for good.

X and I have been Christians since before we started dating, X has asserted that God has given her permission to D and has paved her way to be with OM who is not a Christian (uh, yeah, that sounds like a message straight from the throne of God).

My title comes from the Bible verse:

Quote:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

I own my part in the demise of marriage but I believe my X had no grounds for marriage according to our professed faith and the teachings we held from the Bible. Yet, I still maintain that God will use this situation to work for His greater good.

Getting A Life
The transition from being devastated at the realization that OM was not "Just a friend," to "Standing for the marriage" to "Getting A Life" and finally deciding I would not take X back has been an extremely challenging journey but God has provided the people, resources total support that I have needed including the people in this forum. My life has become increasingly full, an amazing adventure with blessing after blessing after blessing.

THANK YOU!
A huge "thank you" goes out to Michele for making this forum available for us DBers who tried and yet still wound up in this forum. An equally huge "thank you" goes out to the people in this forum who lend an ear, offer sage advice or a shoulder (or thread) to cry on. There have been plenty of very challenging times I have had to go through to this point and this forum and the people in it have helped immeasurably in bringing healing.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
OP Offline
So here is how my last thread ended:

Lost-n-found writes:
Quote:
Hey C2, how about bringing back some leis.... I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say ... haven't been 'leid' in quite awhile!!!

I'm blaming Bethie.... she's a really bad influence! \:D

All this smutty talk as a response to my announcing I am going on a missions trip to Hawaii. Boy the company I keep, LOL!!! 16 days and counting.

Before starting this thread, I looked back to what I was going through last year and noticed that exactly one year ago, I found out my X was getting married in less than two weeks. The months of April and May of 2007 were challenging for a number of different reasons but it was helpful to look back at where I am now compared to where I was then.

My life has continued to get richer and richer in my experiences serving God. I have experienced even more healing in the area of forgiveness and resentment towards X and Mr. X. I have also dabbled in exploring two potential relationships after waiting until 2007 had passed.

And now, I have another adventure waiting for me. Indeed I am a blessed man!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
L
L
C2,

I was feeling pretty bad about that tawdry post... and I went back to apologize for it.... only to find it locked. Well here it is again. I really am sorry, I know you were talking about the mission trip and I had to go an defile it like that!

Some people just have a serious lack of class huh? I'll try to do better and keep those classless posts where they belong.

I'm sure you will be blessed on this trip and look forward to hearing all about it.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
OP Offline
LNF,

"Tawdry is as tawdry does" I'm blaming it on the bad influences around ya (But I am not mentioning any names, those with a guilty conscience will surface soon enough! )

You're first to post (can't count my own post as the first one, that would be cheating) so what will it be, a "Shirley Temple?"

Committed2Him- "C2H"
L
L
Thanks C2.... you're such a nice guy!

Yep- better make it a Shirley Temple, I've never had one but I'm guessing that is one drink that'd keep me out of trouble!

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
OP Offline
Shirley Temple it is! (We'll live a little dangerously and put int two cherrys ;\) )

Committed2Him- "C2H"
L
L
HAHAHAHA!!!

Dang C2... I'm already on the verge of corruption... don't push me over the edge. \:D

Quote:
Lost-n-found writes:
[quote] Hey C2, how about bringing back some leis.... I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say ... haven't been 'leid' in quite awhile!!!

I'm blaming Bethie.... she's a really bad influence! \:D

And just so you can see it again...............

Gosh LNF I don't want you to start drinking Shirley Temple's your funnier after you've had the hard stuff! Well funnier as long as you're not blaming or making fun of me!

C2,

I can hear in what you write just how excited you are, I would be as well. You get to go to paradise and do what you love. How much more Blessed can 1 person be?

Your faith is remarkable and inspiring and we love you for it!

LNF wants to get leid!

L
L
Ahhhhhh, Bethie, what would I do without you. <sigh>

K
K
Man I have been so busy this week
and tired and grouchy lol
did i miss some Hawaii news???? are you going C2??
ok tomorrow I must catch up!!!

so if you are going, can I go with ya?? \:\)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard