C2H...What are you thinkin'?
All things...6 - One year anniv. of X leaving
All things work together for good...7
All things work together for good...8
All things work together for good...9
All things ...10 - One year anniv. D Final
All things ...11 - PEACE WITH MR. X!
All things work together for good...12
All things ...12 - 1 anniv. X's wedding and ALOHA! (should have been "All things ...13" ooops! \:\) )
ALOHA! All things work together for good...14
All things work together for good...15
All things work together for good...16

Summary: (Note: this summary was written 4/8/07 and has pretty much remained the same since then. My confidence that God would work things out for His good have simply been confirmed over and over again)
M 16.5
S 14, D 16 (live with mom); SS 25 (lives with me)

11/05 - X files D \:\(
7/06 - X moved out with kids (I offered X the house but she declined so I bought her out. Immediately OM is in the picture continuously at her new place)

10/17/06 - D final

5/07 - X Marries OM \:\(
11/07 - Arrange face to face with Mr. X to forgive him. \:\)

The marriage was rocky for over 10 years. X had an affair with a different OM around 98/99. We separated for 6 months from 6/99 to 12/99 (I moved because of her hysterics and volatility) but got back together. After X moved this time, I attempted to "stand" for the marriage but since coming back to the board in 8/06, I slowly moved from vigorously standing, to remaining open to reconciliation to deciding that I would not reconcile. X getting married closed the door on reconciliation for good.

X and I have been Christians since before we started dating, X has asserted that God has given her permission to D and has paved her way to be with OM who is not a Christian (uh, yeah, that sounds like a message straight from the throne of God).

My title comes from the Bible verse:

Quote:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

I own my part in the demise of marriage but I believe my X had no grounds for divorce according to our professed faith and the teachings we held from the Bible. Yet, I still maintain that God will use this situation to work for His greater good.

Getting A Life
The transition from being devastated at the realization that OM was not "Just a friend," to "Standing for the marriage" to "Getting A Life" and finally deciding I would not take X back has been an extremely challenging journey but God has provided the people, resources total support that I have needed including the people in this forum. My life has become increasingly full, an amazing adventure with blessing after blessing after blessing.

"Gracias, Multumesc, Yo, Toda, Thank You, Mahalo...Gracias!"
A huge "thank you" goes out to Michele for making this forum available for us DBers who tried and yet still wound up in this forum. An equally huge "thank you" goes out to the people in this forum who lend an ear, offer sage advice or a shoulder (or thread) to cry on. There have been plenty of very challenging times I have had to go through to this point and this forum and the people in it have helped immeasurably in bringing healing.

The "Thank you" line? Places I've gone (or am going to) since X left: Mexico, Romania, New York, Israel, Washington D.C., Hawaii...Spain (Nov/Dec)
What's happening?

A month or two until I most likely lose my home, 4 months until I travel to Spain, summer dates with my daughter continue, one year before she goes off to college and tons of fun with my young son for the foreseeable future (our common love of basketball).

All things [Still] work together for good for those who love God (and I definitely do), to those who are called according to His purpose (I have no doubt He called me).

Last month my prayers for developing a closer relationship with my daughter were answered through the opportunity to be her taxi for summer school and through the establishing of our date nights now that her sports schedule lightened for the summer.

My house situation will play itself out over the summer but whatever happens, I do have a place to stay while I prepare for a long term solution.

As I mentioned at the start of my last post, I am ready to explore opportunities as they arise in the area of building friendships that could lead to something more. My life is very full BUT some things could be moved aside if the right frogette comes along.

Life remains awfully good even without a lovely green being along my side. So, for now, I will just hop along, helping others along the way, serving my God. He never leaves me nor forsakes and my life is an exiting story with new pages being added day by day.

The following link is to the bible college in SPAIN where we will go to support outreaches to the community for our upcoming trip.

So, lets see what adventure awaits us!
So am I first??
FIRST
just coffee tho please

You sound good sweetpea!
Sorry about the house tho, I really am, you seem to have a good out look on it though, I am glad. Do you have a new place set up?
ok sorry, i see you did say that. I was caught scanning! but i wanted to be first!!! then go back and read hahaa
dang!

Ok good,glad you have a place, boy houses have gone downnnnn, mine is less then half what it was worth 5 yrs ago.
Lots of people seem to want to rent until its a good time to sell again, so that may work for you! Same area?
Coffee it is! By the way, I have some Ambiance Music for you my fellow Southern Californian!
C2,

In the midst of so much stress you always sound so up! Nobody can argue that faith works wonders and so does knowing that you're living your life with gratitude for all of your Blessings. I think that we all wish to have a smidg of your relationship with God. I truly believe that you were put here to teach & remind us of what it's really all about!

Did you say ambiance music? For K?? What a waste.

Love,
Bethie
hey there toots, I was wondering how the thing with your house was coming along, hope it works out. A mocha wouldnt' hurt \:\)

Bethie, gratitude, yup, very, very important.

Quote:
did ya hear the song? LOL. Very appropriate for us So Cal types.

Quote:
A mocha wouldnt' hurt

How about this Mocha?

Quote:
Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister, Sister Flow
Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister, Sister Flow

He met Marmalade down in Old New Orleans
Struttin' her stuff on the street
She said "Hello,
Hey Joe, you wanna give it a go?" oh

Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya Ta Ta
Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya Here
Mocha choca lata Ya Ya
Creole Lady Marmalade

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
\:D

I am also still wondering about the house. If nothing can be done, then I will go live with my sister who recently moved into my parents old home. They were going to sell but decided to keep it for my sister who left her long time common law husband. Unfortunately the guy just never lived up to his responsibilities.

My sister has three teens who grew up with my kids so when my kids visit, it will be like one big party. A bit crowded but one big party...or at least that is what I am going to tell everyone.

You get lemons, make lemonade, right? \:\)
Quote:

What the flip???

Thank you C! That is our motto for sure!
I tho like a more disco feel : Shake your groove thing.
\:\)
Or

Shake Your Booty

Shake it up Tonight

Shake Your Body Down to the Ground

I Feel the Earth Move Under my Feet

Speaking of things shaking, it is kind of eerie regarding this last earthquake. You can always count on one good after shock following a quake but not this time. Hmmmmm?
I heard there was a 5.4 which is what the quake was yesterday, felt more in Pomona.

Cant believe I was so oblivious to it all. Durrr
Happy Friday! Date night update!!

Ok, so the only date I can get is with my daughter but I will happily take it. Last night we went to go see Mamma Mia after making he promise she would not go see it with anyone else. About 3 years ago we my X and I saw the play in L.A. and then shortly thereafter, we got some free tickets from her boss so we went to see it again with my daughter and her cousin.

So last night was a chance to enjoy it with my daughter again, only 3 years closer to being a young woman. Ouch, the thought of marriage stings a dad, to eventually lose his little girl.

We arrived early so we walked around a bit in our quaint downtown area (an older So Cal suburb), took her shopping and then went to the movie. I know we enjoyed it that much more, having seen the play together.

It was a precious moment. \:\)

Fellowship, accountability time, father son time, outreach service?, service, kiddie time, fellowship

Well, that about sums up my time this upcoming weekend. I do not have my kids this weekend but I have plenty to keep me busy and I will see them a couple of times.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Ahhh C2
Tbat sounds so great! What a great memory for you and D
I would love to go see Mamma Mia!

sounds like your weekend will be great too.
Enjoy!!
Quote:
Fellowship, accountability time, father son time, outreach service?, service, kiddie time, fellowship

That is pretty much how it went. It was a GREAT, nonstop weekend that included:

Unbelievable fellowship at shepherd's school, (all the servants of the church gathering for food and fellowship with our pastor).

Bowling with my brother - unexpectedly, my brother (an actual sibliing brother) invited me to bowl. We don't spend too much one on one time together but our schedules worked out so this was a good time and we agreed to do it again.

Acccountability Fellowship - Great fellowship and REAL talk with my closest brothers at our weekly 6 a.m. Saturdeay gathering.

Participation in the Radio Rally (A concer/outreach promoted on the local christian radio station my pastor's messages (sermons) are broadcast on) This included meeting a lady who needed to hear how God can help a person survive divorce.

More "travel" Fellowship - the rally was 60 miles away which gave five of us guys time to get to know each other and talk about the topic dating/courting in the church enviornment.

Church- awesome timely message on FAITH (Hebrews ch.11)
(A the son of pastor who has a very well know ministry in Southern California died in a traffic accident 11 days ago). My pastor's message was for any going through difficulties or things that challenging their faith and we "just happen" to be going through the one chapter in the bible know as the "Hall of Faith" (We go chapter by chapter, book by book each Sunday, next week chapter 12).

Church & Homeless Raul - This the guy I see from time to time. I help him as I can and we spend time together, sometimes over a meal. He came to church so I finally got to introduce him to my kids, introduce him to a couple of friends and give him some money for the day. He has a good relationship with the Lord which is amazing to many considering he has no roof over his head.

Chores, church & chillin - (it was strectch to come up with the third "C" ;\) ) The rest of my Sunday was spent doing the mundane (chores) until it was time for the evening study. Sunday evening service (church) is more of a smaller bible study of about 100 people but the teacher is a young vibrant, energetic man who's passion for God comes accross in his teaching. We are going through the book of ROMANS and his teaching simply brought to a crystal reality the reason for man's need of God's grace. Amazing. Chillin' - After the study, I went to the beach to prepare for my Men's Accountability group at church tonight. It was a beautiful night on the pier, met Cherish and Mitch from Hawaii (they saw me wearing a hawaiian shirt and started a conversation). She had wandered away from God and he is still seraching so God arranged this meeting for me to share God's love with them.

I go into this week with significant financial decisions ahead but an assurance that God is in control and I continue to be one heck of a blessed man!

Posted to Karen's today, just something to reflect on:

Quote:
Quote:
You guys know tho dont you? Its not what we wanted for our kids-but like the discussion on another thread, it dosnt mean our kids are not going to become wonderful adults ( or even older adults!) and go on to have productive, lives. Its just well it wasnt our "ideal" for them, but we all deal

It hurts as well as "sucks." You know my outlook is to focus on what IS good, what blessings we DO have and to try to make the best of the current situation. SO many people have experienced garbage in their lives and have overcome those challenges and even terrible situations to lead rich, rewarding lives.

We on the board are doing the best we can and many, in spite of the hurt they have experienced, are pretty content with their lives, especially if they don't romanticize the past.

Just today I spoke with a potential customer who frustrated the heck out of me to no end. She was argumentative, continuously interrupting me as I tried to answer her questions and proved to be a real difficult person to have a conversation with. After she rudely said, "thank you, anyway" and hung up, I recalled this feeling of frustration that I so frequently had with my wife. It was a moment to remind myself of how relieved I am to no longer being married to my X.
Hi C2,

You continue to amaze me, not only with your faith, but by your example.

From what you have written your life seems so full with no time left wasted. You put me to shame!

I'm so hoping and praying that everything with the house goes according to your time frame but secretly I'm hoping for a miracle!

That was so sweet to read about your date with your daughter. She sounds like a very special child. No surprise there. She has a very special Dad!

Love,
Bethie
Bethie,

Thanks for popping in and for your prayers. I posted before how I longed for time with my daughter and then her schedule cleared up so we could have our date night. \:\)

I have so much to be thankful for and though I feel that aching for companionship, I believe it will happen in God's time frame. In the meantime, I have got plenty to keep me busy and plenty to give me fulfuillment.
My Thankful List

God's GRACE & MERCY
God knows my needs & provides for them
Daily Bread (shelter, food and more)
Fellowship (my church family)
God still wants to use me
Relationship with my kids
Healing from the D
Healthy, able bodied
Attributes (God given talents and gifts)
Family members still alive and healthy
This country & Freedom
Enjoy my job
Enjoy my recreation (church & Kids)
Wonderful experiences I've enjoyed, especially during the last two years
and much more...

I felt the need to remind myself of how thankful I should be for the MANY blessings I have and have experienced. All of us experience things that periodically remind us of the disappointment of going through a divorce. Today was a day I needed to post something to remind me that I really am leading a wonderful life!

I will attend midweek service tonight, will see my son as I taxi him and will take my daughter out tomorrow night to a concert in the park. I took Friday off and will take my son for a weekend camping getaway to Catalina Island with some of my close brothers from church.

Much, much, much to be thankful for, it is just good to reflect on it regularly. \:\)
It is actually good to hear you contemplative; even in a down-turn, you remain focused on what is good. You are an inspiration to so many here.

I write and re-write my gratitude list often. I am so happy to be getting back to myself, the woman who sees wonder in this world and wants to experience it.

Have you heard the news about the feds stepping in for foreclosure assistance? Is it something you can tap into?
Donna,

"Attitude of Gratitude" yep, it really helps. It is good to hear you are again seeing the wonder in this world and desie to experience it for there IS much to see and experience, even after heartache.

Thanks for asking about the Fed programs, as I understand them, it is worth a shot. My circumstances should allow me to fit in the general guidelines but it would still take a miracle for it to work out. Even after the miracle, it would be an incredible stretch to meet my budget including the new mortgage and would require bringing in people to rent rooms which can be precarious if someone bails. Child support and private school tuition obligations pretty much kill my chances of keeping the house.

This too shall pass and as long as I can get through this period without hating my X I will be fine (again the need for an Attitude of Gratitude).

I have mentioned it before but if my X had come clean saying something like, "I will never reconsideer because I am in love with the OM you did not know about and we have plans to get married within the year," I would have got rid of the house. The market was at its peak at that time. Instead, X got a settlement based on that peak house appraisal and then I suffered the enitre $100,000 loss in property value myself.

Even after posting the above, I have to sit back and pray for my X becasue she has to give an account for her actions to God and for that, I am very sad for her.

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Again the following verse comes to mind:

Quote:
Job 1:21 And he said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD."

So I say, "I will praise Him" and All things [STILL] work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)

As a local Pastor stated from his pulpit a couple Sundays ago, right after He Lost is son in a tragic auto accident, I too say, I STILL BELIEVE!
hey friend))))))))))) I have full confidence that the outcome about your house will be the best, God is good and you will do great (you knew that though \:\) )

Yup, one day we will all be accountable for what we've done/said, I feel sorry for stbx too, so much grief he's given to so many people.
Here I is!

Just popping in for a quick post, where does the time go...

Quote:
Yup, one day we will all be accountable for what we've done/said, I feel sorry for stbx too, so much grief he's given to so many people.

cat,

I feel sorry for my X too. Yesterday I had a conversation with my tax persons regarding tax liability issues about the house and I was reminded just how much her deception has cost me financially.

I started down the path to anger about it but then stopped realizing I have peace with God, no shame or embarrassment about honoring my vows. I was sad for X knowing that there is no way she can really have a peace about her relationship with God. I was in church last night and felt like crying for her.

I'll post about my camping trip with my son (it was a blast) but for now I will just say that I would much rather have my life than hers. This sadness for her allows me genuinely to pray for her and her relationship with God which I often do. I know this is the right thing to do and I know it keeps me in a mode of forgiveness.
gotcha, I'm able to pray for him too, so he can be a human being and be a good dad to the kids (he does try)
Hi C2
Just have a min.
Wanted to say Hi and TGIF!

Will be back later
Heard I missed some stuff... too bad about the banishments. Though I haven't had the time to keep up on all the details, this place has been a godsend for me and some of those that were asked not to post here any longer have been very helpful to me.

Mini update for any still here who are interested:

Kids are fine, I see them less often than I use to because of their busy high school schedules. Still, I see them every Sunday to take them to church, get to see as many of their sporting events as possbible and am still Taxi dad to daughter whenever she needs it. (took my daughter to our last father/daughter dance at her h.s. and am taking her on a one day turnaround to visit a college up north later this month. Surprised my son today with tickets to the upcoming USC vs. Oregon game Saturday - he is excited as am I)

X and I have had long periods of calm, we focus on the kids. Mr. X and I remain cordial when we see each other even though it is only natural to feel resentment try to rise up (lots of prayer to keep bitterness in check and increased prayer for X and her husband).

Work is fine, keeping me busy. I enjoy what I do, work with some great people and get to help people on a daily basis.

Home loss
- I am still going to lose my house but I have accepted it. This is another reason to be bitter towards X (if she were honest about her committment to marry Mr. X, I never would have refinanced and kept the house) but if I allowed that to happen, I would have to change the theme of my threads, wouldn't I?

Travel - I am still going on a missions trip to Spain in about 7 weeks, looking forward to that very much.

Romance - just focusing on loving my kids, loving God and serving Him in any way I can. The rest will fall into place and if it doesn't, so be it.

Recreation - Biking time has gone way down but I am still playing bball once or twice a week and getting injured once or twice a week LOL! (yep, I am definitely no longer in my 20's or 30's ). I have a great group of friends from church (and am involved in mentoring younger men) and there are some wonderful ladies in that group but again, none falling into the catagory above.

In the 26 months since X moved out, I have experienced the depths of disappointment of betrayal and have moved through the stages of healing to get to a place of peace. I have made great personal financial sacrifice to work from home for first 22 months of this journey in order to be available to my kids for after and in school activities as well as total availability during the summers - worth every tens of thousands of dollars I did not earn by not having a traditional 8-5 job.

I have also participated in several short term missions trips and have served extensively in my church and at outreaches to minister to my community.

I am so blessed, my life is good, very good and I have the peace that surpasses understanding. \:\)
C2!!!
gonna go get coffee will read later- i AM interested
gosh but we've missed you golly gosh,,what a dork i am lol
its been chaotic around here, i'm sure you heard but as long as i am here, i'll read your posts darn it. Mine thread is on page 8 i think anyone who read it is gone lol oh well.

Had a little incident too, maybe i'll post so i can get your feeback later when you have time.
hey we're going up to Pismo this weekend, I am so looking forward! Hearst Castle here i come! lol

xxxx
mine thread. durr this laptop is a pain!
Karen sent you an email.

I will still be posting from time to time because it has helped me to see the progress and to have an attitude of gratitude for what good has come from my X's choices.

Bless you my dear

Fight on!
Hey C2! I was wondering what you were up to. So glad to have an update. I almost emailed you to see if you were doing ok.

Yep, you missed a crazy week here. But so much the better to miss it. I'm glad most of it is over.

You sound good. Just what I wanted to read.

I'm not in sunny Cal. More like freezing Can. LOL!

Take care,

Barb
Quote:
Fight on!

yeahwwaa baby!
Hope its better then last week! \:\)

XX have a good one.
Hi C2H

Glad you are here and glad things are going well. So sorry about the house. Maybe something better will come your way soon.

Spain sounds awesome. Be sure to let us know how that goes!

SG
Hi ya Barb!

"almost" awe, how sweet! Miss hanging out here, I think I will have to learn to pop in and out and not be gone for long stretches.

Yesterday I saw you were back on the board but did not get to read you thread yet except for your first post. Glad to see you still hanging around.

Yes, I am well, thank you very much.

I will have to lurk around to see how others are doing.

Bless you oh positive outlook lady \:\)
Yep, C2:

I thought you were Almost Gone from the bb - LOL!

Long time no post. If you hadn't posted today - it was Email time!

Life goes on, doesn't it. Positive Outlook is everything. I have been in a great mood lately. Had some challenges with Ashley. Well, they were more HER challenges but boy - it hits you hard when you're the parent.

Hope your kids are doing well and you have some good plans for the w/e.

Now what's this about Spain? Josh went to Spain last summer without me. It was a very touchy subject. (summer of 07). When he came back he admitted he should have taken me. So, by not getting what I wanted - I actually got what I wanted. Know what I need.

And I bugged him by going around singing and humming 3 Dog Night...

"Well, I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music",...

And they think the ladies are insane there? What about HERE???

Barb
C2!!!!

I am SO glad to see you !

I think about the grace you have shown in your sitch often, and have tried to "channel" you when it gets difficult (like when the OW emailed me a snotty email last week). Just count to 10 and turn it over, right?

Great to hear that Spain is still on, but not surprised. Still in contact with the last contacts you made - Hawaii, right?

And you still have a good R with the kids...wonderful.

So sorry about the house. It sounds like that a large population of our nation will be facing the same thing in the near future....

but hopefully that means that prices will come down for when you are ready to have something new.
Thanks for the email C, and for caring \:\) You are the bestest in the westest!

I am sorry about your house too, it really stinks and its hard not to be resentful, but like Donna said you sure are an example of taking the high road. You are amazing.

Kids sound great! I love that you go to their events, believe me it is something they will always cherish for years to come. I know Ry does now. He asked me not long ago, wasnt it a lot of work, for you and dad going to practice and the games , and working snack bar and all the team mom stuff, I was lucky since I was a SAHM I could help, told him it was work but the best work in the world and I know he appreciates it.
Your kids prob beam when they see you in the stands!! \:\)

spain will be wonderful! I cant wait to hear about it.

Have a terrific weekend C2 and I'll be lookin for ya! Fight On ! \:\)
X
just popped in to see who is around.

Donna & Barb thanks for the post, write back and catch up soon but...got to get ready to take my son see USC roast the (Oregon) Ducks!

Fight On! (right Karen?)

(note on how God blesses me so I can do special things with my son. My son plays freshman football, mostly on Saturdays. I couldn't see too many games we could possibly go to this year because of his football commitment. Today's h.s. game was moved to this past Thursday which I found out on Wednesday. I took a shot at buying some tickets online from private vendors on Thursday afternoon. I happened to be on line at the exact moment a guy put up two really deccent seats up for sale because his bro in law from Oregon backed out of coming down for the game. Thus, the guy only wanted face value even though he could have sold them for $100 per ticket MORE). The guy works in the field so he even brought the tickets to me at my work 30 minutes after I first saw him post the tickets on line. God is so good.)
Congrats on scoring choice tix. I'm sure you and your son will have a great time.

You sound well. Glad you're still here.
Hey Dawg;

Great game (44-10! gotta pour it on if we want to be back in the BCS hunt), better time with my son!

I am well, though I miss posting but plan on checking up on everyone...
Yea it was!! wooohooo thank goodness, didnt want to lose to OR!
You had a great time w/ your boy? thats so terrific!
Ry was tailgaiting w/ friends and there just 20 ft away is my brother/sil and the kids! so he hung out w/ them too, they had a great time.

Can you believe this weather??? raining on sat. 99 today? We were up in Pismo till today and even there it was 80 unreal summer this year!

just wanted to check on you C2, too tired to read anymore just wanted to see what my fellow cali bud was up to.

Have a great week!
xx

Spain, 6 weeks and counting...

Yep, unless things change, I will be heading to Spain in 6 weeks for a short trip with my church. We will be supporting a bible college outreach on the Island of Mallorca for six or seven days and we will also spend three days in Barcelona. We manage to get in a little fun on each of these trips but mostly, the purpose is to love whomever we are serving and share with them just how much God loves them.

I always come back from these trips energized, with stories of how God moved and how He molds and shapes me to be more selfless, loving and even forgiving (yikes). I will be a work in progress until the day I die and I can not wait to see what happens before, during and after this, my first trip to Spain.
OH C2 It will be wonderful!!

so, help me out here, around Thanksgiving? or a little after?

A work in progress for sure , and would we want it any other way? nope, gotta keep changing and developing, or we'd go stale!

Have a good weekend sweetpea
FIGHT ON!!!
Hey Mr. C2
Hows things? what are the plans for the weekend?
Trojans gonna beat- is it AZ or WA?? either way FIGHT ON!!!
Hi C2, sounding good as ever. Have a great time in Spain and may you witness many blessings.
BTW Barcelona is a fab city, architecture not to be missed and they have a church that like us all is a work in progress.
hey there, so nice to see you again, glad to see you are doing grate by the grace of God)))))))))))))))
`` testing, testing ``
Hey C2!!
How about our Trojans?? omg! I think Pete actually felt bad, but WA didnt even seem to be trying there for a while.

Hope you are enjoying the beautiful weekend and finally a cooler Sunday!!
cat and naej- thanks for stopping by!

naej- haven't done much world traveling until after the D so I am looking forward to seeing Barcelona and Mallorca, I have heard wonderful things about both.

cat- I am doing well because of the grace of God. It is always good to see friends drop in and to see the progress of others (I owe it to myself to spend some time visiting to see how everyone is).

Karen - Yes thanksgiving ish 11/23-12/3. 5 weeks from today I will be on Spanish soil! I am excited but lots going on so my excitment is tempered.

However, when it comes to the Trojans, not tempered at all! I was pleased by the vicory but was unable to see the game due to the following:

Turn around to UC Davis with daughter
My d and I took a flight to UC Davis, (near our state capital - Sacramento) for their college preview day. We took off early and returned the same night. It was a full day and it was a blessing to share the experience with her as she narrows down her college choices.

Like many of you, I am saddened as the kids grow; we dads who do not have our kids living with us, regret (resent?) their growing up without us in the home just that much more.

I do count my blessings, which are many but sometimes it just stings a little more than at other times.

At this point,I must interject an eternal perspective. If I believe what I have been taught in the Bible, than I need to NOT dwell in the above kind of thoughts for long.

Life is but a vapor and I can assist my kids in choosing to have a relationship with God, through His Son Jesus, by what I teach them, by my conduct and through continuous prayer for them. Living peacably with my X (and her husband) and genuinely praying for them is an additional example of how I believe God's Word instructs me to live.

So, I choose to remain in forgiveness mode rejecting the bait of my spiritual enemy.
ahhh C2, watching them grow and leave us is hard and it must be harder when the are not w/ you on a day to day because of NO fault of your own. I am so sorry ((( C2 )))

Hey, UCDavis is great! My neighbors D started up there 3 yrs ago and loves it and now my other neighbors D has gone up there this year!
AND Ry had a friend at SC who has continued her ed. up there and got accepted for her law, I have pushed Ry to apply there, as its far but it is CA!

What are other places she is looking at ?

5 weeks! woot hoot! or how do you say woot hoot in spanish?
el wooto hooto! lol

talk soon sweetpea!
Committed2Him, I have had many holidays in Majorca and the others islands, going back to early 70,s, before the rest of the world "found" it. I liked it beter then but still a good place to visit.
I was in Barcellona about 3 years ago, great place for long wk-end from the UK. I hope you get to travel more. I used to do more but sadly my finances have taken a nose dive and funds seem to be already spoken for.
Enjoy
Karen,

Thanks for the comforting words.

I enjoyed the visit, Davis very much feels like a college town, the campus was relaxed etc. She is looking at several northern california schools including UC Berkley. She wants to move away for school but doesn't have the desire to go out of state. (and no, she is not inclined to go to S.C. although it wouldn't surpries me to see my son apply.)

Naej, sorry to hear about the finances, I know what you mean. I hope you also get to travel more some way somehow. \:\)
Hey C2,

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

O and our local pole dancer says she hopes you have the most wonderful Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Later Friend
Briget
I would be even more worried sick to have a D go to SC as great as a school that it is, i really dislike what its like around there now. I worry about Ry and hes a 6' 200 lb male!! The campus is very safe, but the kids know not to venture too far.

It sounds like some great schools shes checking out!! Does she have her major in mind?
briget, thank you! and thanks for the 411 on the pole dancer, (I actually checked my email after I read your post and found the little twirler had sent me an e-card.
\:\)

Yeah K, safety is always a concern.
C2
can you PLEASE tell fall to come to CA, I am sick of the heat, yes I know I should be thankful for the sunshine, but I would really love to start wearing sweaters and making fires at night!!!!
You could always work on your tan ;\)
Hey C
when life gives you lemons you make lemonade doncha?? oh dear, now I'm verklept, that reminds me of.............. i need a tissue!
Ahhh.... when life gives you lemons....

I remember reading someone here who had that motto.

It's a good one!

Kensgirl
Its a good motto.

and today a tall glass of lemonade would be great, uh KG?
You asking ME to serve? Ummmm.... I need a location. Whatever happened to that Lemonade Stand? Can you pull it up? Where is the owner? On vacation? Doesn't she do that a lot?

Kensgirl
stop it Kensgirl lol you are making me sad! and laugh LOL
Karen: How do lemons make you sad? I think they're supposed to make you happy. Especially if you add sugar. Hmmmm...

Ok, how about limes? Maybe I'll serve Magaritas. OK, I'm going to open Margaritaville.

Kensgirl
KG could Karen be bipolar? LOL

naw but her last line makes you wonder.

KG you can set up a stand if you want, there are plenty of lemons in life and not enough people who know how to make a good glass of lemonade out of them. ;\)
Nooo not lemons make me sad talking about the person who use to have the stand and no longer does made me sad!

sorry for the hijack C2 lol
Ahhhh C2, but I do.

K - I miss that girl too. She must be around her somewhere. I want to find her and bring her back.

Night night Cali folks. This Girl has had a busy, long day.

Kensgirl
\:D Hi Kensgirl, nice to see you. I think I may be a little on the slow side but I think I missed some pearls tonight.
Got to get ready for work but will check later.
Hi Karen and CO2.
I think I,ll have a cappo... coffee, the one were the cream rises to the top.
KG I knew you would!

Karen, you have carte blanche to hijack my thread ANY time you want.
Happy Sunday C2!!
How ya doin?
Countin down to Spain?

Watch the game? Ry is home this weekend so we watched it together so that was nice.

Hope all is well in your life!
Hi karen,

Doing just fine, thank you very much! YES counting down to Spain, 27 days!!! Lots to do at home, work, and ministry preparation from now until then.

I had a very good weekend with my kids just spending time with them. Saturday my son had a football game and at night, we watched the S.C. while daughter went out to the movies with some friends. We enjoyed our male bonding time. Saturday afternoon son, daughter and I went to a birthday party for the son of my best friend, lots of people from church attended.

What a difference the Lord can make
Three years ago, this guy was in prison, hardly knew his kids and had NO relationship with the Lord. Today he is clean and sober, fully employed, actively serving in the church and has his kids every weekend. This is the first time he was able to hold a party for one of his boys and he was overwhelmed with gratitude and emotion to be able bless his son in this way.

God is good, merciful, forgiving, willing and able to restore the lost, set the captives free as well as use the foolish things of this world to confound the wise and bring Him glory!

Oh, by the way, my friend is going to be my roommate on this mission trip to Spain.

C2H's birthday celebration
Sunday after church, my son and I went to watch my daughter play soccer afterwhich, we went to my parent's house for a small joint celebration for my brother and me. We ate, played board games and opened a few presents. My niece prersuaded my sister to get me and my brother guns that shoot marshmallows! LOL! hilarious. We spent the rest of the day taking turns shooting marshmallows at each other, at family members, shooting them in the sky and trying to catch them in our mouths, truly an enjoyable time!!

Drop off downer
After dropping my kids off at their mom's, I often experience a sadness. Yesterday I was able to call my friend, and share that hurt with him so we could praying for each other as he too experiences similar feelings when he drops off his sons.

For me, I was able to focus on the blessings that have come out of the Divorce. I was able to resist stirring up bitterness towards my X but instead was able to pray for her and her husband as well as to praise God that He is will to use a wretch like me.

God is good. \:\) (oh, and...27 more days until Spain)
need your prayers mr. Bailey)))) I can't believe you are going to Spain soon!! how cool is that!

Como esta tu español?
Cat,

Praying for your needs as I type (I you know prayer is mighty).

The more I commit and grow in my walk, the more I trust that that which we go through is designed to mold, shape and increase our trust that we will never be left nor forsaken. Also, even though we don't understand things, there is a divine plan in action for those who love Him. I do ask for relief, guidance and peace in your circumstances.

Todavia, mi espanol no es bueno pero tengo un biblia que tiene ingles y espanol. Yo pienso que hay muchos personas que hablan ingles en espana y nosotro vamos a ir con hermanos y hermanas que hablan espanol. Tambien vamos a hablar con el amor del Senor y su hijo, Jesus Christo y con eso, no necesitamos mas.

not bad huh?
ay caramba!!! buenisimo español!!!!!!! see, now you can date a hot latina \:\)

thanks for your prayers, slowly but surely the calm has reach my soul... just need lots of wisdom dealing with my kiddies, I dont' want them to feel its dad vs mom and that they have to pick sides.
Quote:
ay caramba

Oh I know what this means!!!
OH VEY!
Cat,

My pleasure to pray for you. by the way you will notice all my spanish is in the present tense, I can't conjugate to save my life LOL!

"Date a hot latina?" Sure, why not! (or a warm one, one who is a little chilly, that will work too. I can always lend her my jacket )

Karen, great spanish! (hey, didn't I hear that on an "I love Lucy" episode?
Hey did anyone say a'hot' latina???

Well...I'm a latina dont know if I'm in the 'hot' catagory but so I've been told I am! LOL!!

What is taking u to Spain?? I havent read all yr post, sorry!
Missionary??
Hola chicki!
(sounds kinda cheesy doesn't it? LOL!!!)

Yep, very short term missionary trip in support of a bible college's activities and outreach on Majorca plus a vew days in Barcelona. I am very much looking forward to it!
Quote:
Karen, great spanish! (hey, didn't I hear that on an "I love Lucy" episode?

Umm helloooo I learned it from my 3 yrs of High School Spanish!!!
Ok and a few million episodes of Lucy \:\)
I will use it in Spain! LOL!
Started new thread:

All Things (Back from Spain!)...18

ole!
© DivorceBusting.com