Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1723570 02/24/09 07:53 PM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Previous thread:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1544644&page=0&fpart=14

I believe it was Martin Luther King Jr who said: "If you can't fly, run, if you can't run, walk, if you can't walk, crawl, but keep moving forward."

I believe I am entering the greatest challenge of my life --- and I have need to keep moving forward.

The biopsy showed a malignant tumor called oligodendroglioma. I am awaiting the appointment for the oncologist to hear more about it. However, my b-i-l is a doctor and read in texts from 2006 that this is a tumor that cannot be completely eradicated, although it is a slow growing one. I hope there is updated treatment. The surgeon did say he got the core of the tumor and that diverse cells needed to be treated. Not much else, and I guess that's for the oncologist to deal with.

After all that I have been through, I kept hoping, thinking, "maybe it's a benign tumor, or something I can fight." Not that I don't intend fighting, but this is a big battle. I have need of faith and mine is small right now, so I hope that those with greater faith can carry me a little on your shoulders. I continue to pray the Prayer of Jabez:

Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that your Hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil.

This is not a war that I am likely to win, but it seems, I can win many battles and can survive even beyond 10 years. I, again, ask you to pray for me and my family.

PS I have found that not sweating the small stuff is really true. H has been so kind and giving. And, whatcha know --- we ML for the first time last night in more than a year.

Take care y'all.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
W
Being Me, I am so sorry to hear of this battle you face, it makes all the others we've gone through together seem so insignificant. You have my prayers and I will add you to our church prayer list, those prayer vibes will be heading God's way! Stay strong and please keep us posted.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
T
T
hi being me,

sorry to hear of your biopsy results. I will be sure to lift you up in prayer each day.

unfortunately, i know how scary a brain tumor can be. my darling W was diagnosed w/ a chordoma of the clivus (brainstem area) right after we got engaged 8 years ago. by God's grace and many prayers it has shown no signs of growth (though they grow very slowly).

i hope you are getting much support and love. do your best to keep a positive attitude. keep moving forward. take care.

God bless you.

T

debut thread
A
A
Hey, girl! It's me, Arwen! I can't remember the last time I have been on this site (years?), but today I just had a strong feeling that I should check in and see if any "oldies" were still here from when I used to post so long ago. Naturally, I had to look YOU up first! I read your last two threads just to catch up.

I am so sorry to hear about what's going on with you. I have said a prayer for you already, and will continue to do so. You were there for me when I was so far down I was looking up. You will never know how much you helped me stay sane....or as sane as I'm ever gonna get!

Although I have been separated from my H for five years now, we are still not divorced and he is still with OW. I have grown alot, but am still dealing wih anger issues and a loss of direction. This has been detrimental to my finances, especially. However, I have learned alot while traveling down the MLC road, and thought that maybe,somehow, I could help someone else find the courage to face another day. I'm thinking about starting a new thread and replying to other's posts. I'm not a perfect DB'er and I still have issues, but perhaps I could help make someone else's day a little better.

How is school going? When will you graduate? Going back to school is hard on us old farts! I also went back to university and earned a B.S. in management last December, but haven't done much with it yet. I'm still dealing with my congenital procrastination syndrome! I know I found it very difficult to balance work, school and home life, but I did it! I have to admit I'm a little proud of myself. Many deadlines in school so I couldn't procrastinate, so I wonder why I'm doing it in my personal life? A work in progress, I guess.

Keep up your courage. You are one very strong,awesome lady. I'm so glad your family, especially your kids, are being so supportive. I would imagine your H is scared to death of things he has no control over. Alot of men have difficulty in showing emotional support, and I hope your H steps up to the plate. Keep us posted. I'll be thinking and praying for you. I will be checking the boards to keep up on your sitch. Thank you for all your wonderful support in the past, my friend! You have many friends here, and we all want only the best for you.

Gold Digger: Like a hooker,only smarter! It's a great day to be alive;I know the suns still shinin' when I close my eyes........Travis
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Guys, I am so grateful for this site, not just for the DB'ing aspect, but just the friendship connections one gets even though it's virtual. Thanks for all the good wishes from everyone. And, especially the prayers.

Arwen! Good grief! It felt like a brick hit me when I saw your name. I check to see if you've posted on the odd occasion, but it's been so long. Good for you for graduating, and getting through all the other stuff. You are such a strong person, and sometimes you just don't know it. I kinda thought you may be D'ed by now if OW is still in the picture, so there's a surprise. Must irritate her some? Has WAH been more involved with your youngest daughter's life? How old is she now?

Anyway, I should be asking these questions on a thread of your own, so I will look for it.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
A
A
I feel too lazy to start a thread tonight- my day off! But I will soon, and you can check it out. Even though he lives 2 blocks away, H rarely sees D16. No child support. Occasional lunch money. She seems to have walled off any feelings for him, but when he does see her, he usually manages to make her cry with his nagging and "disappointment" in her. I'm glad he isn't around. Never thought I'd say that after moving 550 miles so she could be near him!

He has said he is so unhappy and misses me, our family life, and even the house. That just made me think he was even more pathetic. Why live with someone who "makes me miserable in my own house"? Spineless. If he really wanted to be here, he would be. He travels throughout the state for his job, and he will stay in a motel two hours away from here, rather than come back to his house.

I am lonely, but I'm ok being alone.Yup, I'm ok with my life right now. My main concern is in finding a better paying job, and I'll be getting busy on that tomorrow. I'm just an old nurse with back problems...that's why the management degree. A desk is lookin' pretty darn good.

You know, I have shared feelings on this board that I could never share with anyone I know. Shed many tears for myself and others, especially in Newcomers. But I have had some of the best laughs here, and have met some of the sharpest wits! After being politically correct all day, it will be nice to express my own thoughts! Gotta get busy with supper, so gotta go. Again, glad to hear from you. You may be having your own problems, but being who you are, you haven't stopped trying to help others.

Gold Digger: Like a hooker,only smarter! It's a great day to be alive;I know the suns still shinin' when I close my eyes........Travis
A
A
((Hugs)) I'm so sorry to hear the results of the biopsy. As always, my prayers are with you...

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
W
WCW Offline
W
((((BeingMe)))) I don't know what words to say other than how sorry I am and hugs and prayers for you and your family. I am glad your H is there for you.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
W
W
Being Me, I put you on our church prayer list tonight. Hang in there! Thinking of you. \:\)

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
P
P
Somedays your strength (and trials) never ceases to amaze me. You are in my daily prayers. Kudos on the um, er, ya that . That's it girl, make the team proud.

I hope this is a real wake up call for H. Take care of what you have now, because everything we have is temporal.

My prayers are with you.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard