Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
I
I
In sorry about the grandparents rights lb55. My parents had to fight for it and got it with my nieces and XSIL. They are 22 and 19 now. My state did away with them as of recently too. Its a shame when x spouses weapons children against their parents and grandparents.

R
R
Hi LB,

Any reasons your parents can't drive down, spend the night then leave? Meet you part way?

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm going to find a way to make it work. It is important for the kids to see my family. Not sure on the logistics yet but I will find a way.

Been away for a bit, went camping with the kids last weekend for 4 days. Man that was nice to be out of touch and just living in the moment. Was a nice revelation and break for me. Just the tent, me, the kids, and the ocean. The noise of the ocean is very steadying and relaxing.

Not much else to report. Still doing my thing on a week to week basis. Working on eating healthy foods(I don't need to lose weight, it just feels good). The only thing I drink is water except Monday night out with the guys I have a couple beers. Going salmon fishing for 9 days in august, that is going to be a good time.

Me40; W38; S12; D9
BD11/19/2018 D filed 12/20/18
D Final 7/2020
Being the best example I know how for my kids to see.
U
U
LB - Sorry you are going through that.

To be clear, though, is this a grandparents' rights issue, or just your W being really really stubborn and refusing to compromise?

Hope you can make the logistics work, that is really frustrating.

I thought grandparents' rights would come up in a situation where, say, I don't let my parents see my kids (which... I actually don't right now, which is a whole other story...) and then the grandparents' have to petition the court for visitation, etc.

L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
There is no such thing as grandparents rights in my state. W could prevent them from ever seeing the kids again and they would have no recourse.

This is an issue of W stating she wants the kids to spend time with them, but will not work with them to pick up, drop off, nor transport the kids, even though the dates of the visit begin and end on her parental days. If I don't arrange it for them, she won't help in any way. It is quite frustrating but not unexpected.

Just to make sure it follows the WW double standard crazy train...I am however expected to coordinate kid pick up and drop off with her parents when it is my time with them and she has dumped them off at her parents house.

Me40; W38; S12; D9
D Final 7/2020
L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Boy these WW are crazy. She sends me an email earlier today that says she isnt comfortable communicating or being around me because I’m very threatening and she is scared.

When I pick up the kids tonight she comes out and brings me a fruit basket, wants to talk about kids bedroom furniture, and wants to talk for 10-15 minutes tomorrow after work.

She still has ahold of me and it’s frustrating. I haven’t detached nearly enough. Some nights I find her vile and disgusting to even look at. Then others like tonight she is the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. So many emotions I have. Just one of those days.

My sister and her H are going through some issues now and she wants to lean on me for support. I’m trying but it’s hard because I’m not done with my own issues. Doing my best to help her but not get involved. They aren’t as serious as most of our issues yet, but I can see it going that way if they don’t learn to communicate better. Her H is a good guy and a good dad. She is a good gal and a good mom. After having been here for a while I can see in her language to me she is frustrated and hurting a bit; he is having a tough time with employment since moving a couple years ago. She supports the household and cooks, cleans, etc...so I’m working to pass my knowledge on before it gets worse for them but not actually get involved. Also difficult.

Me40; W38; S12; D9
D Final 7/2020
R
R
Originally Posted by LB55
W could prevent them from ever seeing the kids again
Not during your parenting time.

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
R
R
Just the tent, me, the kids, and the ocean.
I never camped by the ocean. Not many oceans here in Colorado. One for the bucket list.

Amor Fati
L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
W could prevent them from ever seeing the kids again
Not during your parenting time.

Yes that is true. She can however prevent them from seeing the kids for the couple of weeks they have typically spent together each summer. She doesn't want the kids to see my family as far as i can tell. She has hated my family for many years, including 8 years ago when my D8 was born, my parents weren't allowed to see her for nearly 3 months because W threated a restraining order if they came to visit. I was deployed in 2011 and they finally saw my kids once I came home from deployment; my mom only recently told me this.

I only have every other weekend at this point and that can't change for at least another 1.5 years due to my military service. She isn't on board with the every other weekend plan either, she is only willing to let them visit me for the weekend because she is afraid of being in contempt of court. She has told me in the past that she will fight for me to never see them again because it is what is best for the kids.

At this point she will have done nothing to progress the D by summer 2021, so that plays to my advantage in getting a 50/50 parenting plan ordered by the court. Once i don't have to work from 0500-1900 it will be easier to sell an argument for this. She will never agree to 50/50 because it takes away her child support money which she needs to maintain her lifestyle for everyone to see.

Me40; W38; S12; D9
D Final 7/2020
L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
New Thread:

New Thread

Me40; W38; S12; D9
D Final 7/2020
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard