Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
J
Jmstl Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: doodler
Find a different doctor. Ask around. Even a doc in the box will do. There's no need to have to go through the agony of dealing with that. It ridiculous of a doctor to ask someone to suffer like that.

I've gotten all these metaphors except Doc in a box. Can you elaborate on that one?

Married 9: Together 11
M:37 W:35
S:2 D:7
Bomb dropped 6/3/2017
W moved out 7/1/2017
Separation Filed: 8/1/2017
Modified to Divorce: 8/21/2017
Divorced: 10/5/2017
A
A
Well first of all, you invested a lot of time and effort into the one woman and it didn't work out but just accept it and move on. It happens! Happened to me too, I was dating one lady and thought everything was going fine and she just suddenly went dead silent on me. I thought maybe something happened to her until she unfriended me from FB, to this day I don't know what the deal was. I just wrote her off and moved on to the next one.

Originally Posted By: Jmstl
Dr says it's mental, and does nothing else.
IC says "You'll get over it eventually"

They are more than likely correct. I had a lot of trouble in that regard as well. Couldn't figure out why as it had never been an issue before. Finally started taking an over-the-counter supplement that took care of that. Eventually that "supplement" was pulled due to having an ingredient that was supposed to be prescription-only apparently! Anyway I just kept it up (no pun intended!) and eventually didn't need the supplement anymore. I think it was just anxiety over having sex with someone other than my XW, it just felt like I was doing something wrong. I think we wire our brains to be faithful to that person and it takes a while to rewire our brains!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
A
A

I've gotten all these metaphors except Doc in a box. Can you elaborate on that one?

It's slang for one of those walk-in clinics.

By the way time for a new thread smile

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
J
Jmstl Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: AnotherStander
Well first of all, you invested a lot of time and effort into the one woman and it didn't work out but just accept it and move on. It happens! Happened to me too, I was dating one lady and thought everything was going fine and she just suddenly went dead silent on me. I thought maybe something happened to her until she unfriended me from FB, to this day I don't know what the deal was. I just wrote her off and moved on to the next one.

Dr says it's mental, and does nothing else.
IC says "You'll get over it eventually"

They are more than likely correct. I had a lot of trouble in that regard as well. Couldn't figure out why as it had never been an issue before. Finally started taking an over-the-counter supplement that took care of that. Eventually that "supplement" was pulled due to having an ingredient that was supposed to be prescription-only apparently! Anyway I just kept it up (no pun intended!) and eventually didn't need the supplement anymore. I think it was just anxiety over having sex with someone other than my XW, it just felt like I was doing something wrong. I think we wire our brains to be faithful to that person and it takes a while to rewire our brains!

Yeah, AS. I think you are completely right.

I had been such a faithful husband for so long, that even now, it just feels... "off" to have another woman put her hands on me.

The problem, as I see it, is that this is creating a cycle. There are issues. Then come the negative thoughts from the issues, which fuels more issues next time.

I have tried to just clear my head and just relax, but even when I feel I have done that, things still don't work.

And I don't know how to even broach the subject.

"Oh by the way, my world got so destroyed and shattered that even though I find you really physically and mentally attractive, my stuff doesn't work?"

I would be fine takings a 'supplement' for a while, but I guess I will have to do some research.

It is humiliating.

Married 9: Together 11
M:37 W:35
S:2 D:7
Bomb dropped 6/3/2017
W moved out 7/1/2017
Separation Filed: 8/1/2017
Modified to Divorce: 8/21/2017
Divorced: 10/5/2017
J
Jmstl Offline OP
OP Offline