Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
H
hoosjim Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Quote:
no R talks for two weeks, can you do that?

If she remains unrepentant, temp-checking, crumb-tossing etc.? Absolutely. And I think that that is by far the most likely scenario based on what I am seeing with todays happenings-- she's reaching out to me by phone/text, like she's done in past when she's effed up to try to butter me up, she's left messages about how she wants to go to son's orientation, now (she knew I was concerned about her staying "home alone") which she was not previously going to do because she is pretty muhch out of work leave, and saying things like "I've really been thinking alot about you" and "I am sorry I hurt you". Blech!

What I suppose is an outside possibility is that she gets jolted into some sort of action sooner than anticipated if I can maintain this distance/separation. If she came to me, say, tomorrow, in tears as I was leaving house and promised me the world, "Ill do anything" or "What can I do, just tell me", not sure how I'd respond. TODAY my response would likely be "Im not sure there's ANYTHING you could do." And Im not. How can you ever start trusting a WW who has twice promised and then failed to deliver? (And this was no one-time slip up... the contacts she detailed, while none "in person", at least that she confessed although I now have strong suspicions about the beach, were numerous and somewhat involved over the course of the past 2-3 weeks. This was very deliberate and premeditated conduct)

H53/W51, R-ing 4/'18

"Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires"-Sg.of Sg 2:7

"So oftentimes it happens,that we live our lives in chains, & we never even know we have the key"-Eagles III 1:3
G
G
Jim,

She is carrying on an A. It is clear as day. I am sorry. Will she just cut it cold turkey? Well, she didn't the first 2 times. She can say a whole bunch of words, but they shouldn't really mean anything right now. You told her what you needed, didn't you? ANd she could not/would not deliver. She is clever and knows exactly what she is doing. She is getting you back on the hook.

You need to show her action you are serious, and she needs to show you action she is serious. Neither is doing that right now. So I would stay no R talks would be smart for a while. Even if she wants them. Tell her "sorry, I am not ready to discuss this".

What coconut said is very true. You are acting on such fear your M will end that you cannot drop the rope and you will take anything she says and make it into her trying. Her A and unwillingness will end the marriage. Not you having some self respect.

H
hoosjim Offline OP
OP Offline
H

H53/W51, R-ing 4/'18

"Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires"-Sg.of Sg 2:7

"So oftentimes it happens,that we live our lives in chains, & we never even know we have the key"-Eagles III 1:3
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard