Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
C
cadence Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'm wondering what I should do.

About a month ago, he wanted to meet me to get me to sign an agreement regarding the house sale. He asked twice. I refused (nicely.)

Now he's again asked if I'd be willing to call him or meet him. He called me on my office line and left me a voicemail and followed that up with an email to my personal account. His tone in the voicemail was kind, and reminiscent of the person I used to know, rather than the utter jerk I was dealing with in the last months of living there.

I waited a day and replied with a "I'm thinking about what I want to do." This was what he told me when we were still living together and he wouldn't talk to me about his outburst, so it was meant to be a tiny bit snarky/look how the tables have turned.

This totally flew over his head, and he said "Ok, let me know. I have some info to share with you."

Why not send the "info" over email? I'm sure it's nothing personal, but I feel like he's still hoping that if I see him then he can manipulate me into doing what he wants.

Or that could just be my paranoia. For years, we lived with his ex making demands that they have phone calls or in person meetings, since she knew she could best bully him through those methods. He switched to communicating only in writing and she hated that. Now I feel like I'm on the other side, where he keeps wanting to meet me to feel in control of me.

Or maybe he wants to see me.

What should I do here? Aside from a few short emails, he's heard nothing from me since I moved out in early April. This usually shocks him, since I think he forgets I am not like his clingy harassing ex, who will find any reason to be in touch.

I recognize I'm emotional and, most likely, paranoid. Should I meet him or should I send a nice reply asking him to please send the information via email? I'm leaning toward the latter. He's been the one pursuing and asking to see me, and I feel like I want to leave that dynamic in place. But there are few opportunities to DB if I don't see him.

Any recommendations?

C
C
Please start a new thread you are over 100 posts.

Me-70, D37,S36
O
O
I think you should go with your gut. Oh, I didn't realize you had some information. Why don't you send that via email and I can include it in my thought process. Something like that. I think you handled it great on the thinking about it. I have learned to do the same with my H because he never tells me anything and I also like to give it back a little. It is interesting watching him have to be the one to push the agenda now.

C
cadence Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard