Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
D
Quote:
He's also the one who wishes we can all live in the same house forever, so for him stability and permanency is very important.

This is one reason why I fought for the house. Because it's their house. The house they know and love. And it will be a comfort zone for them...sort of a protection blanket, I guess. If I have to go without things for me to keep it and provide for them, I will. I want them to have as much stability as I can.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Originally Posted By: KevinIn
Im dreading the day we have to tell my kids that mom is moving out. Its going to destroy our 6 year old.

There is no easy way to do it. I'd fight to wait until summer break, if I were you. School's hard enough for them when things are right, and to do that in the middle of the school year could have negative effects.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
C
C
Thinking of you FG. Hope everything is okay with you.

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
F
ForGump Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Coly, thanks. Warm thoughts from all my friends here keep me from entirely losing my faith in humanity.

I've been doing OK. I've just been deliberately pushing away all the sad thoughts, and have been successful at it so far. Been cordial w/ my ex, and we've had many interactions. Fed her some cake as well (helped her w/ stuff) -- but I see it as just being me, I'm not trying to get something out of it. At this point, I'm just trying to move on by setting up my own house and my life, and not DB.

The real big test (?) will be if/when I see my ex with someone else. I think that will hurt. So maybe I do have some work to do, to detach and move on with my life further.

I've been rather enjoying setting up my own house, although the finances are a bit worrisome. My kids are handling the two-house situation quite well so far, although the younger one is often missing the other parent. I have chosen not to dwell on it, and just push on. I realize it's sad but at this point there is nothing I can do, but to just acknowledge the sadness (of missing the other parent), and try to move on to some activity that will make us both happier.

My ex, who had been a SAHM all our married years, is starting a new job but is in a perpetual state of panic because she has poor life skills. She might be able to hang in there while there is spousal support, but ... she's still thinking on a day-by-day basis. I don't see her thinking long-term, big-picture. Sad to watch her struggle, but it's not my place to be her career counselor.

I may post updates here from time to time. I am probably more likely to post in the "Life after the big D" forum.

It's been a long, and sometimes wild ride. Thank you to all of you who have posted in my thread. I consider all of you friends. I wish you all the best. Truly.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
W
W
Will keep an eye out for you. Take care, keep on being strong, FG

--
Me: 47 WW: 35
SS: 17 D: 5
T: 7 yrs Engaged: 2 yrs
OEA confirmed: August 17 2016 ongoing since April 2016.
OEA continues (with occasional breaks)
BD2 - W says will visit OM in Jan 18
D
D
Quote:
My ex, who had been a SAHM all our married years, is starting a new job but is in a perpetual state of panic because she has poor life skills. She might be able to hang in there while there is spousal support, but ... she's still thinking on a day-by-day basis. I don't see her thinking long-term, big-picture. Sad to watch her struggle, but it's not my place to be her career counselor.

Exactly right. Not your monkey, not your circus.

F
ForGump Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thought I was doing ok. Then, tonight on the way to a karate lesson:

Daddy, do you think Mommy and you will remarry?

Felt like dying. Still do, every time I remember it.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
D
D
Dude. I know the feeling. And the ex's don't give a shite about nothing but themselves.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard