Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Quote:
If anything, my WW has become more determined since I found out about the EA. A couple of half hearted efforts early on to break contact, but now I just get words, BS, and spew. My DB coach did say that the A has to burn itself, the reality set in, before the WW will start seeing anything clearly. I get you though, it's like a big FU when they won't stop. I think if mine had been having a PA, I would have ended it

I'm going to go against the grain on this. By the time they even consider having an affair, we are less than nothing to them. Sure, some may have guilt because they know that an affair would hurt us, but the guilt wouldn't send them back to us.

Some are able to overlook affairs. Some aren't. There are valid reasons on both sides of the coin. I have a very hard time believing that someone could fully reinvest themselves in a marriage when they had an affair, especially a PA.

Despite my situation, I believe people can and do recover their marriages after affairs but the waywards have to have remorse and put in some work. Oh yeah, they have to actually stop too. Whether the betrayed takes them back or not is a personal decision.

- m and ww in 30s
- s4
- m 11 yrs, t12
-ilybinilwy ~5/16 + request for OM
- bd 7/16, confirm ea and strongly suspected pa
- 9/16 ww claimed to have broken contact with om