Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Dawgs #2719862 12/08/16 10:16 AM
B
bsb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Carrying on is the hard part some days!! That void of not having my best friend to talk to. Going to bed and waking up alone. Is still find myself reaching on her side of the bed to cuddle and then realizing she's not there...

We haven't talked or text in over a week. She's all business. Just the one email yeasterday about splitting up the phones and gifts. I gave her a direct answer on how she can handle the phone and told her that I want to get through the bigger issues (bank accounts) before we worry about small issues like wedding gifts. I did talk to my attorney and he said just to wait till she files. I've done everything that I can up to this point by freezing the joint savings and joint credit cards. I asked her to take her name off since they were mine before we married. We will see. I guess I'm hoping that agreeing with some of this will make her think a little... long shot I know

Going to try to do a little duck hunting this weekend now that winter has arrived. I'm having good days then bad days. Guess that will happen for a long time. Spent 4 years with her and now she acts like I'm dead to her. Part of me wants to call or text but I think that will be a setback....?

bsb #2719863 12/08/16 10:46 AM
D
D
Quote:
Carrying on is the hard part some days!! That void of not having my best friend to talk to. Going to bed and waking up alone. Is still find myself reaching on her side of the bed to cuddle and then realizing she's not there...

They say it takes time for things like that to fade. Maybe they are right, all I know is that I know every single nook and cranny and all in between in my ceiling.

Quote:
We haven't talked or text in over a week. She's all business. Just the one email yeasterday about splitting up the phones and gifts. I gave her a direct answer on how she can handle the phone and told her that I want to get through the bigger issues (bank accounts) before we worry about small issues like wedding gifts. I did talk to my attorney and he said just to wait till she files. I've done everything that I can up to this point by freezing the joint savings and joint credit cards. I asked her to take her name off since they were mine before we married. We will see. I guess I'm hoping that agreeing with some of this will make her think a little... long shot I know

I have to talk with mine every day, but its only about the kids - when she wants to Skype with them. Otherwise, we don't talk. Asking her to take her name off was a good idea - but maybe as your lawyer said, wait until she files. I like the idea of freezing the account. Mine had a little used account that she didn't remember me being part of and she moved money into that. Busted.

Quote:
Going to try to do a little duck hunting this weekend now that winter has arrived. I'm having good days then bad days. Guess that will happen for a long time. Spent 4 years with her and now she acts like I'm dead to her. Part of me wants to call or text but I think that will be a setback....?

Hope they are flying for you! Its been years since I did any duck hunting. Unfortunately, they all act like we are dead to them. Know something? Part of me also wants to call or text mine. But don't do it. You do it because you miss her and hope it will spark something...some say that it will spark resentment. That may be. But what good would it do?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2719871 12/08/16 11:18 AM
H
H
Hey bsb,

Yes, its hard not having your best friend there anymore to talk to when something good or bad happens. I cuddle up with my dog now...hahahah...he is a good snuggler. You will continue to have good days and bad days but it gets fewer and farther in between in time....it stinks but it does get easier...hope you have fun duck hunting! My nephews and BIL all go duck hunting this time of year as well.

I wouldn't text her, I know you miss her but what if she doesn't respond? Then you will be mad at yourself....just my 2 cents...

W:42 M:48
T:9 yrs M:1yr
BD: Feb 2016
EA Confirmed: Feb 2016/PA July 2016
D: Feb 2017

hawker #2719963 12/08/16 05:39 PM
B
bsb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I ended up not texting her. Just had a close moment of weakness!! I was really busy with work today so that helped. I will just wait for her to respond to my follow up email on separating the final accounts. I've already told her I'm not going to file or help with the divorce. If she wants it, she can do the work. Each day I'm getting a little more angry and a little less sad. I know this will reverse several times if she continues to go through with it. This has been the longest we have not talked over the last 4 years. Only a week and half but this is from someone that called several times a day and text nonstop.

Im not sure if the hardest part is over or just starting for me....

bsb #2719973 12/08/16 07:56 PM
F
F
Yay, glad you stood strong! Being busy helps for sure. I keep thinking I'm on my way to feeling really good about the D and then I have a night like tonight where I just cry and cry. These are hard times, bsb, and I think we're in for much more ups and downs to come.

I can relate on the texting and such, it really is hard to lose not only your spouse, but your best friend and comfort. I'm currently sleeping in a twin bed (horribly uncomfortable too) and surround myself with pillows so the bed doesn't feel so empty. I also have an app on my phone that offers all sorts of sounds to choose from and that helps me avoid the silence and helps me sleep.

Good for you for making her file though. Keep staying strong, but remember it is okay to let your emotions come and go as they please as long as you don't act on them in regards to your W. Feel them, accept them as part of the process. I hate it, but I can't seem to stop them when sadness hits so I just roll with it.

Last edited by Cadet; 12/08/16 08:22 PM. Reason: Start a new thread message

Me: 35 W: 32
MR: 2y T: 3.5y
SS11
BD: 11/3/16
EA: 10/26/16
PA: 11/11/16
W asks for S/D & ILYBINILWY 11/13/16
I filed for D: 12/14/16
D-day: 3/10/17
fightin #2720082 12/09/16 11:28 AM
C