Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
S
SBJ Offline
S
So doodler, you're saying that there are 2 types of people...those that accept getting older and make themselves better thru growth, and those that fear it and regress into MLC.

I agree that we should all grow in a positive direction, but I also see where JujuB is nervous. Once we have been burned it is hard to have faith in others. But JujuB, you must also realize that the world is also filled with kind, quality, faithful people like yourself that you will one day meet and be able to create a life with.

I think that the theme of these forums is that of positive self image, positive self worth, and understanding that the only person in this world that we can control is our own self.

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
D
D
Originally Posted By: SBJ
So doodler, you're saying that there are 2 types of people...those that accept getting older and make themselves better thru growth, and those that fear it and regress into MLC.

No, I'm not saying there are two kinds of people. I'm just saying that I suspect a lot of people have expectations of themselves, at given age, to be something that they don't have to be. You know, that Satchel Paige question, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

S
SBJ Offline
S
I guess I missed that quote, but I like it. I was just trying to follow you. It seems that the MLC'er sees them selves as aging too fast and having to try and play catch-up on things that they "think" they missed out on.

Then there are others like yourself, that hit a certain age and then realized they still had alot of potential to reach certain pinnacles. I like this approach better. I feel that we were getting better with age, but my MLC/WAW feels that there is too much missing or not ever achievable in our M. Like she is chasing this fantasy. Maybe she will find it w/o me, but maybe she will one day realize that our M was just as awesome as I thought it was.

By the way, I have some triathlons on my bucket list, but I'm not sure about those ultra-marathons...I hear you guys are crazy...haha!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
D
D
SBJ,

I haven't thought a lot about aging, but I think attitude makes a lot of difference. If you think, "I'm too old to do that," then that's the end of that, you're right, you're too old. But, if you say, "I think I can do that," then maybe you can do that. I think allowing chronological age to dictate what we can and can't do is a poor approach to living.

S
SBJ Offline
S
I totally agree...my issue with my W is that same argument. She stated to a friend that she had to get out of our M because she is 43 and doesn't have much time left. WTF. As I said I felt that things were getting better with age, but then again age is just a number, it doesn't define who you are.

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
D
D
Originally Posted By: SBJ
I totally agree...my issue with my W is that same argument. She stated to a friend that she had to get out of our M because she is 43 and doesn't have much time left. WTF. As I said I felt that things were getting better with age, but then again age is just a number, it doesn't define who you are.

SBJ,

There's your 180. Agree with her and tell her she is looking a bit haggardly so it's probably time for you to make a change.

(Just kidding, please don't do that. wink )

Last edited by Cadet; 10/31/16 01:29 PM. Reason: Start a new thread message
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard