Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
tjcran Offline OP
OP Offline
T
SadHub,

I have to keep reminding myself to believe nothing she says.

I am being a really good dad right now. It is refreshing to be completely present while I'm with my kids. They deserve that.

I'm being pretty good to myself. I'm eating well and working out regularly.

I'm getting advice from here thanks to you and many others and I'm reading regularly about how to improve my relationship skills.

While all this is going on I'm still working and keeping in touch with my extended family.

(That was my pep talk to myself.)

S
SH_ Offline
S
Perfect pep talk tjcran!

I will echo it and I am confident this simple formula will keep you and me, and all that use it sane, help with our healing, and prepare us for better days ahead in any relationship we may be a part of.

Have a peaceful evening and know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
T
tjcran Offline OP
OP Offline
T
For some reason this evening became very tough. At one point I was convinced that I wouldn't make it through this. However, now I'm in a better frame of mind. When boarding this roller coaster please secure all loose objects!

T
tjcran Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Can I get some advice or encouragement??

Tonight I will see my W when I visit the kids. Each time this has happened there has been tension. Partly because of me - I'm angry - and partly because of her, she is irritable and moody. I don't want it to be like that. What I want to do is give her a nice greeting and a hug. Why? Because that is who I am. I want people to know that I genuinely am glad to see them. Even my W, who has hurt me and our family, is someone that I like seeing, albeit in tiny doses at this point.

Part of me says this isn't a good idea because I know my wife wants to eat cake. She wants this D to go smooth, so she can feel less guilty. She appears to be thinking only of herself at this point. Why should I help reduce the guilt?

Part of me also looks at LRT methods and I feel I shouldn't be too engaging. Also, part of me thinks acting this way would be a 180 and she would really take notice.

What should I do?

C
C
Originally Posted By: tjcran
Each time this has happened there has been tension. Partly because of me - I'm angry - and partly because of her, she is irritable and moody. I don't want it to be like that.
What I want to do is give her a nice greeting and a hug. Why? Because that is who I am. I want people to know that I genuinely am glad to see them. Even my W, who has hurt me and our family, is someone that I like seeing, albeit in tiny doses at this point.

I think their is no reason to be ANGRY.
That is on YOU.
So the only way that you will not be angry is if you hug her and give a nice greeting?
Not sure that is a great idea, but not being angry is also a good strategy and I think you should focus on your children and how you portray your image to them.
Certainly you are not angry at them, Right?

So you need to detach from all of this.
Go visit your children, fake not being angry if you need to.
Skip the small talk with your wife and the hug.
It is pursuit and not part of this deal.

Oh, and please start a new thread as you are over 100 posts, and we can discuss this there.

Me-70, D37,S36
T
tjcran Offline OP
OP Offline
T

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard