Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
gs9 Offline
G
I try to soak in every piece of advice Thornton gives. Thank you Thornton. This is a great list.

If I'm hearing everyone right (and I am struggling with this too) but stop worrying about her. Stop worry about having the R talk. Yes, it may have been a backslide but get up, dust yourself off and get back on the DB path. Bite your tongue when around her. Doing nothing IS hard work. This is the hardest work you'll ever do.

Me 40
WW 41
D 4
S 12
S 14
BD 6.16.2015
W stopped wearing ring 9.4.15
W Filed Divorce 9.14.15
My ring off 11.15.15
D finalized 12.18.15
WXW (wayward X wife) moved out 1.28.16 got her own place

dday #2616516 10/16/15 05:06 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: dday
S6 just called to tell me goodnight. Afterwards W got on the phone. Started talking about S8 and how he was just tired and that's why he was crying. I told her that he told me it was because he wanted us to be a family and not live in 2 seperate homes. Then I told her his account of her explanation for the S. S8 said that according to her, it would end soon and she wished it was now. She says that is not even close to right. Up to this point, this is all facts. You can say that this is what S8 told you. You want to be on the same page as she is. I mentioned that she is ruining a lot of things here, kids college, financial loss, etc. Ugh. Why did you say all of this? Do you think she hasnt considered all of this? There was no way she was going to be like "youre right! Lets fix it!" She said "should I stay just for the kids?" I said that I want her to want to stay. Yes. I see the spiralling down this conversation is taking. Im sure its a discussion youve had before. You arent going to get anywhere having it again. I expect nothing. I even asked who are you at one point. She made an excuse and got off the phone. It was nice of her to give you an excuse.

Just reading through this now. Somehow I missed it. See my comments in blue above.

It's not the best conversation youve ever had, Im sure. But it's done. You said what you said. Now move forward and leave it alone. It wont be the reason you get back together or stay forever separated.

D
dday Offline OP
OP Offline
D

3 boys
Not my circus, not my monkeys anymore....
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard