Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
V
V
It is really easy to learn to speed read Avanti. I learned at university.

In fact the faster one reads the greater the understanding.

I just wished I had also learned to type. That is on my hit list, to learn typing.

There is probably a course on the interweb somewhere. I would prefer a classroom, perhaps a weekend course to kick start me. I think I hold my wrists in the wrong position. So a practical thing to help me.

I bet you can type properly Avanti, the computer generation always seems to. I tried dictating but for some reason the dictating systems don't work very well on the technical lingo, must be my accent!

When I read posts I add an accent in my mind and a voice.Photo has a crisp clear voice with energy in it.

Avanti, yours is deliberate and thoughtful and you are softly spoken. I do wish we had avatars on the board. A posting system which is more like second life, wouldn't that be amazing.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

job Offline
Please start a new thread.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
gonegrl Offline OP
OP Offline
G
V- I have a NY accent, and I am very soft spoken (two things that don't usually go together, but there you go, LOL) , did you imagine that? I have always read quickly, before kids I could get through a novel in a day or two. I also have a photographic memory. Going to tweak my goals a bit, break them into "baby steps" before talking to H about it, don't want to scare him off. Also since he is leaving for 6 months thinking about changing them up a bit to accommodate the distance. More reflection today.

Thanks, starting a new thread.

job Offline

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard