Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
DifRent Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So, today I'm trying a new sort of strategy. We have a conference room reserved this morning at a local open office incubator, and since WW's been floundering in her business, I'm taking charge of the meeting. I'm setting agendas, goals, schedules, everything. I plan to wear some nice clothes I haven't worn in a while, and just be confident and in control. There will be no talk of the relationship, just business. But it's going to be a side of me that she's not seen in a while, and a side that I think she misses.

Today is also our son's 18th birthday. So we get to play happy family tonight with a little cookout and an outdoor concert later. I also have plans this afternoon to meet up with a friend who had a bomb dropped on her last year and has been through all this pain recently. I felt so bad when she told me what happened in February, absolutely sure no such thing would ever happen to me...

I'm facing a tough weekend, though. I think WW likely has plans with the OW every day. I best get used to this. Another friend is out of town and has offered me her home to stay if I want. If it weren't for the kids, I would stay the whole time. But I probably will go for stretches.

The good news is, even though I hardly slept last night, I'm up early and ready to go today. One day at a time...

Me: 46 Her: 41
M: 5.5 yrs / S: 20, 18
3/26 W and I meet OW
BD: 5/2/2015, she takes off ring
W goes to stay with OW 6/26
NC: 9/5 Both moved out: 10/16
I take off my ring and feel... healed: 10/19
M
M
Originally Posted By: DifRent
So, today I'm trying a new sort of strategy. We have a conference room reserved this morning at a local open office incubator, and since WW's been floundering in her business, I'm taking charge of the meeting. I'm setting agendas, goals, schedules, everything. I plan to wear some nice clothes I haven't worn in a while, and just be confident and in control. There will be no talk of the relationship, just business. But it's going to be a side of me that she's not seen in a while, and a side that I think she misses.

This sounds good, Dif. 180 the behaviors that you know she doesn't like. Just remember that it's not for HER. It's for you. It's so you can gain confidence and get back to being the person you deserve for yourself. You can do it. Have a great meeting and day!

At BD - Me: 33 Her: 33; M: 10 T: 15; D: 6 and 3

BD: 3/25/15
S: 4/20/15
D: 11/9/15
C
C

Last edited by Cadet; 05/28/15 05:35 PM. Reason: link

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard