Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It is now almost 2 years since bomb drop...

2 years ago today I was happy... Our family was happy and together... And even though my W seemed stressed and sometimes zoned out, she still expressed love for me and seemed like she was still invested in "us"... Life seemed good...

I had no idea that the MLC hurricane was about to hit our lives full force in just a couple of months...

22 months ago my world turned upside down and became insane...

22 months ago my dreams were shattered... I was shattered

12 months ago I was just a few months into a new life on my own as a single parent (sharing custody 50/50)... But I was still broken...

Today I am better... Still a bit broken but continually healing as I continue to process and understand what happened, who I am, what I need, and what I need to do to help my children have the best possible life inspite of what this MLC has done to us.

My exW is definitely still in reply and, as far as I can tell, nowhere near ready to see the damage caused... She is no longer a spewing monster, but she still has so incredibly far to go (if she ever chooses to move forward out of where she is right now)... But that's not my concern anymore.

I also know without a doubt that this was supposed to happen... It has been painful and so difficult, but I am proud of who I am becoming as a result of everything that I have gone through and that I continue to go through on this journey.

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
Together: 9.5 years before BD
BD: Week of 10/27/14
ExW started EA w OW 9/2014
ExW married OW 12/2015
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm tired of my MLCer exW getting so much attention so here's a bulleted list all about me :-)

-- My job continues to go great. Have done a lot here in the past 15+ months including lots of networking and getting my name out there to let friends/colleagues know that I am interested in moving into a leadership position in an area more closely aligned with my expertise. It will happen!

-- Launching a new business on the side that should bring in some additional income. Should be launching in the next couple of weeks! Lots of hard work getting this moving, but will be worth it... In the process I was happy/proud to see how easy it was for me to open business accounts and a line of credit to get started. Very positive signs that I am on the right track...

-- Managed -- with my mom -- to take the kids on a very fun week-long vacation to the Rocky Mountains a few weeks ago. It was a wonderful trip and we made some amazing memories.

-- Doing really well financially -- have opened a new retirement account (through work), in the process of opening 529s for the kids (in my name), and have also had conversation with mortgage broker that made me feel much better about my current financial picture and ability to buy a home next spring.

-- Having fun with my kids when I have them during my weeks. Life is busy and hectic, but I feel very close to them and feel strongly that we will all continue to survive this experience.

-- I am dating someone, but will go into detail later about why it probably isn't something long-term. However, it hasn't been time wasted -- the experience has been fun but also has helped open my eyes about some things about myself and how the MLC has affected me (not all bad either)... I wasn't actively seeking anyone to date when this started, so I do believe it happened for a reason.

-- Feeling happy, peaceful (most of the time), and very optimistic about the future.

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
J
J
Jer,

THAT is GREAT! Yes too much focus on she who shall not be mentioned.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Jer,
...she who shall not be mentioned.

That did make me laugh out loud :-)

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Can't make this stuff up...

Soccer for all three kids today... ExW shows up wearing an "I'm not adult inch today" tshirt... Perfect

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Typo in last post...

Can't make this stuff up....

ExW shows up at kids' soccer games today wearing a tshirt that read "I'm not adulting today."

Absolutely perfect... Hasn't been adulting for almost two years now...

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Feeling horrible today...

Yesterday/last night my GF and I had the talk about splitting up. I absolutely know it's the right thing to do, but it does hurt for a variety of reasons. She is a wonderful person in so many ways, but this isn't what I need in my life right now and because of where I am mentally and emotionally I am unable to give her everything she needs. The talk was sad but pleasant -- there was no screaming or negative energy... Both of us were calm and expressed our love and concern for each other. It was sad, but in my heart I can feel so much pressure disappearing now that we are on the process of ending this, and that -- so far -- it is happening without all of the ugliness that can happen.

So today I am feels my sad and a bit disappointed in myself because I am busting someone else. I know everything will be okay in time, but it [censored] right now.

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
job Offline
New Thread:

Still in the Storm

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard