Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks guys. I haven't told the kids yet, but turned in my application on Tuesday this week. Either way, I'll have FS9 staying with me for a week in June. His foster mom has something going on out of state.

On last weekend, we had a great time. Stayed at the house on Friday and hung out. Saturday, my replacement bedroom set came and I got my bedroom set back up (nice to have a place to put stuff LOL). We were supposed to go out to meet some people that afternoon, but there were thunderstorms threatening, so we ended up going shopping a little instead (needed replacement lamps and a few other odds/ends). S7 ended up working me for a pogo stick of all things...

Sunday, we had FS9 and 2 other boys come hang-out. It was a bit cold, but they all seemed to have a good time. They were at the house for about 4 hours or so. I'm thinking I'm going to try to make that a regular event... take advantage of the fact I have the lake and try to get more kids too. smile

I also have my meetup group starting to function too with 13 members. It's focused on getting kids together for fun.

Monday, I went on a field trip with his school to a hands-on museum. He'd asked me last week and told me how much he wanted me to go. So I took a vacation day for it. He was super proud I was with him and was hugging me a lot.

How much I appreciate that these things only happen once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
On the STBXW, only thing of note is that S7 had an infected hang-nail on one hand starting Sun (on our trip) into Monday. I was doing the normal bandages and topical antibiotic. Tuesday, he started getting a little bump on another finger on his other hand. By Tuesday evening, he came home with another band-aid over where the bump was that morning. I took it off and he's got another infection starting. He was also quite vocal that it hurt. No fever or anything that required an urgent response.

So Wednesday morning I took him into the Dr. to get it looked at. They took a culture and prescribed an oral antibiotic. The rest of the week, he hand band-aids on. He was at the STBXW's house on Tuesday and Thursday evenings for 2.5 hours each night.

Monday, on field trip with my son at his school, the Dr. Office called with the culture results and wanted to change the antibiotic. Only catch is they called the STBXW first.

She flipped. She didn't realize that he was even having an issue. But it was all my fault she didn't know. Her statement was that "even though you're single, you're still not a single parent."

I'm a little surprised by her sudden concern. A few weeks ago she was pushing physical custody of Sloan onto me and has crossed out any financial support in the agreement. Left all the decision making to me, etc. It's a bit hypocritical.

S7 has also figured out how to whistle. A good chunk of last weekend he was whistling constantly. He's been really proud of it. laugh Tuesday, he was at the STBXW's house and she yelled at him for it. He's been kinda bummed since and hasn't whistled as much. I'll be encouraging him to do it at least at my place or letting him know it's ok.

Me: 45 W43
S7, Foster S9 (Planning to adopt post divorce)
D mentioned Feb 2015, Wife served 3/24/2015. She moved out 4/15/2015.
V
V
Scherman absolutely thrilled at your news.

V

Now please start a new thread

Last edited by Cadet; 06/04/15 06:20 PM. Reason: message

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

S
OP Offline
S

Me: 45 W43
S7, Foster S9 (Planning to adopt post divorce)
D mentioned Feb 2015, Wife served 3/24/2015. She moved out 4/15/2015.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard