Originally Posted By: vanilla
What could you do to make handover functional rather than emotional?

I feel like if i cool interactions at handover much more then I would be in the territory that it starts to become rude. guess I'm finding my way with the balance between not being too nice while at the same showing PMA.

It is 95% functional and pretty quick, its not like im stalling for time. need to drop that 5% (thanks mozza for the illustration). I also know that she is going to have her resentful attitude and to be honest you'd think after 5 months i'd be used to it, but it still bothers me (yes, detaching needs more work)

To an extent though I dont think it really matters how i act in the sense that my wife will likely find a way to see it as awful on my part, and even when its not she will be assuming I will try to get back at her somehow (good track record for this bit of mindreading - her expectation rather than me getting her back as I dont think I've ever done this). If she wants to be angry and blame me she will find a reason.

What does matter is what my kids see and I dont want them to see mummy and daddy unable to talk to each other. I know what its like to be a kid around that kind of parenting tension.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress