Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I will consider what you are saying Job. I will.

Meanwhile, interrogatories are sent, notarized...documents are sent (although I'm sure I will be told I'm missing some).

House stuff is notarized and sent.

Check.

Won't ever have to do that again. :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
To the issue of my parents' and grandmother's will...I simply said...They are unwilling to provide this information. If they really want this info, they can subpeona my 96-year-old grandmother.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

job Offline
You have to feel better after collecting, notarizing and sending off the interrogatories and house stuff. It's been a time consuming headache and one you won't have to do again for this divorce. As for missing things....they'll let you know, but I'm sure you addressed everything in a concise manner.

As for the estates of your parents and grandparents, that was uncalled for because that should have absolutely nothing to do w/your divorce. Besides, even if someone were to pass on, it is not joint money because your h wasn't named in the will. I seriously doubt that they will take this any further.

A couple of more things checked of your list of must dos.

Try to enjoy your weekend.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah, the stuff about the wills is complete BS. Whether you were to inherit money at a later date or not has nothing whatsoever to do with this divorce. For instance, what if a decision was based on the assumption you were to inherit a certain amount, and then you get disinherited or a demented relative changes their will at the last minute? You absolutely cannot rely upon inherited money and I can't imagine they would have any legal basis whatsoever for requesting that information.

As for the employee - has he been hired completely away, or are they offering him more hours by working both papers? Is there any way to keep him working part-time on yours as well? It does seem odd for an organization to poach an employee from one branch for another without at least giving you a heads up, but honestly, I've never worked in business so I have no idea what is customary.

It DOES reflect well on your ability to hire employees, though smile

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hopefully, they have enough to end this crappola.

It felt so good leaving the post office. I felt the possibilities open. Without the drain on my energy, wonder what's ahead????

I think I needed to get angry to gather the fuel for this final onslaught of documents, emotional garbage with letting go of the marriage...newspaper, etc...

Sent Smokey's selfie back to him. Said I didn't really need it. Thanks, but no thanks.

job Offline
Heather,
You are going to find that you will feel so much better once everything is signed, sealed and filed. That heavy weight you've been carrying around will be gone once things are finalized. I promise you, it will get better.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The young reporter is going to busy working for the daily. I may get a few assignments out of him, but not much. He said as much to me.

I'll figure it out. Writing copy, luckily, isn't hard for me :-)

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Job. I sure hope so. This has succked.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Love to all.

I'm going to help D12 hang posters in her room. :-)

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard