Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
S
S
Maybell, your church guy story is inspiring, precisely because it didn't work out romantically. My IC has been trying to impress upon me that getting out there and talking to people, making new friends, some of which are going to be single guys, doesn't mean I have to enter a new R. I can enjoy myself and not feel like I have to commit to something. I tend to think in terms of a new R, it's clearly what I'm comfortable with after 27 years. But that's not the only choice, right? You go girl!

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
I hope you don't mind that I almost snorted my coffee all over the screen when I read the Bunkers thing?! FTR, we were somewhere between Archie and Edith and Peg and Al. frown And like you, I was hoping we'd pull together too. Read: he'd come around to my way of thinking. wink

Great job with your S9. Isn't it an awesome thing to experience? They're so easy to work with, and the sooner we get them to own up to how they feel and how they choose to act is a parenting moment at its finest.

Quote:
I feel like I'm really hard to please and I wonder if I was made to be partnered. I'm not even sure if I hope I am.

Sigh. Maybell, I'm pretty much wondering the same things 10 years post D. The more I fly solo, the more I love answering only to me. He'll have to be REALLY special to enter my queendom now. One day at a time, baby.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
A
A
Maybell, I hear you. I wonder if I have too high of expectations for a partner. Maybe I'm too picky. Maybe I'm intimidating? I don't know. If there's someone out there for me, I guess it will either happen or it won't. I miss the companionship, but I am finding that I'm connecting more with friends instead, and that makes me happy. But I did, in a fit, sign up for a certain online dating site -- not because I'm ready to date, but to just dip my toe in the water and see what is out there. And, more important, to give my monkey mind a fun distraction so I won't waste more time dwelling on my WAH. It's terrifying, but definitely a distraction!

M: 43 H: 39
D: 14
Married 15 Together 16
BD: 6/2014
S: 8/2014
OW revealed 10/2014
Instigated dissolution 12/2014, in progress
So over it!
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard