100th post and I think the universe is telling me that it is time for a new thread and a new reality.

I thought MLC was some catchy excuse for bad behavior among the middle aged. Some handy little term that places blame in all the wrong places.

For almost 25 years my husband was ethical, kind, loving, fun and blatantly honest. I never doubted his love and while our marriage wasn't perfect it was not headed towards divorce.

I know many think I am using MLC as a catchy excuse for bad behavior but firsthand experience has converted me into a true believer of this hideous personality disorder. Of course everyone must navigate midlife and most do that without destroying their marriage and their family.

All that is water under the bridge -- I must not live pre- MLC. I have to focus on me because for all intensive purposes the life I knew is over. These boards have taught me that I am no longer a part of my H's life. I have to embrace the me and let go of the we.

For a long time I wondered when the anger would arrive -- I think I've finally found it.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou