Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Matt.

Here's the recipe for the anxiety I'm feeling.

-A huge dose of stress from many different sources
-Lots of big changes in a short amount of time
-Lack of good organizational, time management and money management skills

I have control over one of those three ingredients.

I'm praying for God's help in getting this next newspaper out easily and effortlessly.

It's time for Heather to accept responsibility and learn the skills to pave the way for a new way of living...within a budget, with some daily discipline and a some ways to relieve the stress.

I need some new goals. I outgrew the old.

How do I see things in Two Years? How did I overcome the problems of today?

I had a conversation with D12 yesterday. I used Shining's words. I told her that her relationship with her dad may not look like what other family's have...but, it's still HERS. I told her that she is free to handle this relationship in whatever way makes her feel comfortable. If she wants to reach out to him, if she doesn't...I will support her either way.

We talked a bit about the grief of moving and she said she isn't so much missing her dad or the fact he was at least an hour away...it's more the house and her old way of doing things.

She needs my structure right now.

The piece that's missing is my time management and structure. I need to plan out each week, day...Not something that comes easily for me...but, it's time.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
When I get stressed, overwhelmed, etc...I tend to retreat into old habits that feel safe. Ways I learned as a kid to cope, once again, become my way of life...

In my childhood, I had some really domineering, controlling, abusive, angry men. Retreating into myself was a successful way of protecting myself. Retreating into myself right now isn't saving me, it's hurting me. The men at work are manageable-even the perfectionist. I've dealt with far worse when it comes to anal-retentive men. I've lived with far, far, far worse.

I can handle this guy.

Right now, I'm actually in a good position because I can blame the stress of the move and so forth on my initial first three issues. If I regroup now, I can still salvage their good opinion of me.

I've learned a lot in a short amount of time.

I knew coming in that I didn't have certain skills they were looking for. They've now seen me at my weakest. I allowed Smokey's rejection and all past rejections to color how I FEEL about myself in this new job.

Bottom Line: I can do this. I know I can do this. I need to remind myself of other times in my life when I've been consistent and followed through. I need to look at things I've accomplished a little bit at a time, piece-by-piece.

I need to break it down.

I need to shut out the voices in my head saying it can't be done, at least not by me. The voices saying that this is impossible for Heather to achieve...those voices are now muted.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
For today...

I'm working on my NEW GOALS.

I'm going to attend an event where I can get some pictures and two stories for the next issue.

I'm going to map out my PLAN for the next issue and how I'm going to achieve it.

OH, and the damn Keurig broke! Anyone ever had a Keurig take a dump? It's not moving the water through as it should. It will fill like a 1/4 cup of coffee and then stop even though it says it's still brewing?

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm living in a way that is causing me some anxiety. My way of living...blowing where the wind takes me...isn't working for me. It's causing me to disrespect myself.

I need to be more proactive and not so reactive.

Having a plan isn't a bad thing.

I'm going to begin by squeezing a few more drops of coffee from the machine and I'm going to plan the day ahead.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have until Monday at 3 to get my layouts, articles and pictures done for the newspaper.

That's the beginning of a timeline.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
And, I've written more and in less time, on these boards. I already have the layout for all but one page in my head. I just need to put these to paper. Then, fill the spots with the words.

L
L
Add vinegar to the water container and top off with water. Remove K cup and just keep running the unit till all vinegar water has run through it. Then run clean water through till it is clear of vinegar taste.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard