Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
W
W
Let's have a drink...you with your Scotch [and your ever faithful cigar] and me with my trusty Amaretto.. cool

N
N
Tarheel,

The Email sounds to me like your WAW is living with consequences of her actions right about now.

One thing I did a couple of times when my W said "I know you are distraught and this is killing you." is say back to her " I'm ok please stop telling me how I feel. I am dealing with my feelings the way I feel is best for me."

It took about 3 times of me saying this over the months before W stopped making that statement.

It is nothing big but to me it felt good to not hear that from my W everytime she wanted to talk.

All of that talking took place before I moved home though now not so much

Hang in there

Me 47/W 34
T 16 M 13
No kids
BD 6/2013
W asked that I move out 6/2013
I moved back and W is upset with this 12/2013
separate beds not much talking
Served D Complaint 5/2014
W moved out 9/27/2014
T
Tarheel Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Ok, first draft...

'W, I appreciate you being open and honest with me regarding your feelings. I can imagine that it's difficult for you to open up right now to anyone, especially with me. I understand how you must feel hurt when the kids don't want to go with you and agree that they would probably refer to stay in their 'home'. Do you have any thoughts on how to handle it? Maybe having a set schedule would help, especially once school starts. I'd love to hear more about what you've been going through and how you feel.

(Not sure if I should include this section as it's more just me venting about the situation she's put me in. Feel free to strike through) This has been difficult on all of us. I'm sorry that you feel that I have it all right now, but I hope you realize that it's a struggle for me too. Staying at the house is great, but I also get to deal with all that comes with it- cleaning, groceries, bills, maintenance, meals, etc...However, as difficult as this situation has been, it's also given me the opportunity to step up and be the leader of this family that I wasn't for the past 15 years.

That's great to hear that you're doing well at the new job- I'm proud of you.'

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard