Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
She doesn't seem to mind spending time together. Sometimes she initiates it. She'll come downstairs and ask if i mind if she watches Tv with me or not.

I was torn between doing a 180 and GAL. She always wanted to spend time together so i did the 180 and spent time together. I guess i should've GAL. I just thought that would've came across as accepting the divorce, moving on and not wanting to reconcile.

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
Vfl,
Just curious what's been happening?

Wife emotionally checked out 2 years ago
ILYBNLWY 2/1/2013
M-48, W-40
D-9
Living together in separation for daughter
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Hey 2little,

Thanks

didn't see that i mentioned it before but the counselor only wanted to see me after two joint sessions. in first individual session he said that my wife is done with this relationship. She isn't done with me though. To her she needs to let go of our marriage and start over completely if it was to happen. Said that she cares for me deeply and hates to see me hurt.

Had my last individual session today. He says i'm handling it well and just to let things happen. not to think about the divorce and just things happen. We talked about sprituality, this was one of the issues between my wife and I. We both grew up Christian but I kinda of veered off course and started wondering how everything happened. He gave me some books that were very rational and methodical in their approach with lots of research since my personality type is ISTP and I'm the type of person that needs reasons and scientific evidence for me to believe in things.

Relationship wise we are hovering. We have our good days and bad. Tomorrow will be the last day I wake up in this house to get our daughter from school. She took off from work on Friday so she is picking her up then. For some reason this is hitting me very hard. Seems odd for something so small to affect me like this.

In laws are becoming very bitter so i'm not contacting them anymore. I'm not sure what they are being told or what but it's just very uncomfortable when we've spoken lately, more so with the step mother in law than my father in law. Just strikes me as odd since my wife wants to continue a relationship with my family, especially with the kids. I have a 15 yr old niece(she was born 3 months after my wife and I started dating), and 2 nephews (8 and 6). My wife actually went to North Carolina for a month to watch the older nephew when he was born until a slot opened up for him in daycare. So they are very close.

My wife and daughter are going on vacation with my in laws on the 30th thru june 7th. So they are looking forward to that. I'm not obviously because I will miss them, but i've signed up to work overtime everyday while they are gone. except for my off days which i'm going to take a day trip somewhere (i work for an airline, i like to take day trips to cities i haven't been to).

Last edited by VFL; 05/22/14 05:12 AM.

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Well after a few months of "not being ready to sign" my grandmother and my great uncle passing the holidays came. Neither one of us wanted out to happen over the holidays. I was served at the beginning of Feb. I moved out today into my parents. Going back over tomorrow morning to pick up the rest of my things and help her take some things to goodwill(she's cleaning and getting new things)
I'm still dbing but it's more of who I am now instead of still doing a 180. I'm sure we'll end up doing lunch and then I pick up our daughter from school as per my visitation.

Me 38
Her 38
Daughter 7
Married 11 Together 16
BD 3/21/14
Moved out 3/8/15
D final 3/11/15
V
VFL Offline OP
OP Offline
V
My marriage ended today... I'm in the divorced but not done section now