Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33
G
G
I'm in on the posting of goals:

1.) Really be W's Friend (my best friend ever)
- compliment her every day (you look nice, sound happy, radiant)
- be consistent in my behavior (agreeable, NO MORE INSULTS EVER)
- be loving as possible (show her i care, concerned)
- no more talking about R (the old R is dead... we are building new one now)
- let her know that i'm here for her and always will be here for her and S2

2.) STOP ALL SNOOPING AND SPYING on W (even though she leaves elsewhere)
- email/phone records
- no more asking her personal questions (where-abouts)
- no R talk with wife's friends

3.) Be really focused on Getting A Life
- new furniture (dresser and head board, pictures, and nice clock)
- paint the house walls cool color
- clean the house somewhat (next level since moving in)
- workout 3 times a week
- eat big meals (put on the weight i've lost since separation)

What results do I hope to get?
- W will not file D at the 6 month mark (Dec.1)
- W will initiate a hug once in a while
- W will continue to express interest in me (calling at work, at home late night)
- Actually go out on a date someday (pipe dream?)
- Perhaps watch a movie at my place (or hers - and the earth is flat)
- Eat dinner at her place (chickens have lips?)

M
M
I have many goals for me. But I have a goal for my W. To sit and tell me everyhting. I get bits and pieces. I love her so much, I tell her all the time. She is incredibly beautiful, i tell her that too. She knows I mean it. I wish she could just sit down with me and tell me why she is unhappy. The last time she dropped the bomb I moved out and 5 weeks later she asked me to come back. This time around she admitted she didn't feel any better when I was gone. I know there is more than me that makes her unhappy, I wish she would tell me what and why. She was adimant that I stay and be her friend. But I think friendship is the prob, I think her unhappiness is due to the fact that we have not really been friends for a while. After she dropped the bomb, we have gotten along greeat. But I miss her still. I love getting along and talking alot, I just wish I could put my arms around her.

Quote:

I am guilty of smothering and controlling my W, and she had repeatedly requested time and space. After a few months of my not giving my W the time and space she needed, she moved out last weekend in order to give us both a break.

So my goals are now:

1- Back off and give W time to think. This means no unecessary phone calls. If she calls me, then no "M" talk.

2- As a result of my backing off, I hope that W will eventually call me just to see how I'm doing.

3- I will stick to goal 1 concerning M talk, as a result I hope that my W will eventually ask me to do something with her such as dinner or something.

4- I will stick to goal 1 when spending time with W. As a result, I hope that she will eventually ask me to talk with her about our M.

5- If/When W does get to the point she is ready to talk about our M, I will be a better listener by seeking first to understand, then too be understood.

6- I will understand that this is a process and will not come about overnight. So I will be patient.

7- I hope that W will show interest in going to C with me.

7- If/when my W is willing to work on our M, I will be aware of my behavours so that I do not repeat the controlling and smothering that caused so much damage in the past. I will be considerate and not take her for granted.

8- W will show interest in doing things here at home.

9- W will want to come home.

Hi jwhetnc

I have a similar situation to your but my W has filed for divorce and has been living with her mom for the last 11 days!

I like your goals as they seem to fit what I feel needs to be done in order for my W to return & trust me once again!

I trust it is going well for you as I have not got further in this thread yet, so I wish you success in your DB'ing

Here is my story if you're interested: My Walkout Wife = Help!!

Bomb dropped - (09-11-2006) my 9-11

My CURRENT Thread
This link does not work

My CURRENT Thread
Quote:

If you are new to the site, you will want to make sure that you have a clear vision of what you're hoping to accomplish. It's not enough to say, "I want to save my marriage." that's not specific enough. I am posting this thread to give you a better idea about what I mean regarding setting solution-oriented goals. Hope this helps.
Michele

Hi Michele

Your link does not work??

My CURRENT Thread
O
O
Here are my goals and very first post ever!

1. Just a hint that DH wants to work on our M (one conversation or comment about our future together that isn't child or financially based)

2. A sign of some connection between us, prolonged eye contact small touch, use of my nick/pet names...anything.

3. Here's a stretch but, I want him sleeping back in OUR bedroom by Mother's Day

Dee

J
J
Briefly, WAH moved out about 2 months ago. Though I am not an angry person or a yeller, I was controlling. Throughout the separation, we have continued to talk -- sometimes I call him and sometimes he calls me. Sometimes we talk about R and sometimes not.

I have let him know that I am aware of the specific behaviors that hurt him, and how I was wrong to treat him that way. I was raised by a very controlling and abusive father, so I was modeling the only marriage dynamic that I knew. I never meant to hurt him, but intent is not what matters, this is the outcome.

Anyway, so now I have this list of behavior modifications that I will make to begin improving the dynamic of our R.

I will become a wife who is the kind of woman that her husband deserves

I will attend counseling once per week

I will keep my word

I will be more firm with my Dad about his boundaries in our marriage

I will make the effort to learn what Jeff’s emotional needs are and develop ways to incorporate them into our daily lives

I will take time to do things I enjoy and not expect Jeffrey to provide all my companionship.

I will create and environment that is safe and comfortable for Jeffrey to express his thoughts and feelings.

There are more, but you get the point.

Here is my question:

Since he felt that I controlled so much of our marriage, I would really like for him to be involved in how to make amends. I would like to have him review my list.

I am not sure if this is going to make him want to come home, but I feel like it may help for me to validate his feelings and show him that I want to stop talking and start acting.

Advice?

S
S
Of course my goal is to save my marriage, but it does go deeper than that.

My longterm goal is to become a better wife. This would include letting go of all the baggage ive been lugging around (IC-start tomorrow). I want to be able to make my husband happy and fulfill all of his needs. I want to lift my husband up at all times without putting him down.

Eventually I hope to have a relationship with my husband which does not involve me nagging for time spent (which I will NEVER do EVER again!!!) because he will actually want to do this on his own. I would love for my husband to love me as much as I love him.

I will no longer nag, whine, complain, or get frustrated. I will be supportive, loving, nurturing, and happy. If I practice being a good wife in turn I will be leading by example and my husband will surely follow suit.

In short, my goal is to become a better person, the person I know I am inside.

Me: 25
H: 25
D: 6
D: 7
S: 16 months old
Married: Aug. 5, 2007
Together for 3 years

H says has'nt been "in love" with me for year and a half.

No affairs on either side.
I
I
1. Be OKAY with myself and realize that no matter WHAT happens, I will survive.
2. Make sure our children know that they are not at fault.
3. Have her WANT to be around me.
4. Have her realize that I DO have my redeeming qualites.
5. Have her realize that our marriage is worth saving and that we owe it to ourselves to try.
more to come later.

Me:38
W: 35
Married 11 years
2 daughters ages 7 and 3
D filed by her
[url]http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1143353&page=2#Post1143353[/url]
D
D
Here go mine:

1. I want my H to express some doubt about his decision to divorce (papers already filed).
2. I want H to want to spend more time with the children (and therefore less with OW).
3. I want our interactions to be less strained and more friendly.

These are pretty unambitious goals, but my sitch is not too encouraging.

Delia

Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard