Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
B
OP Offline
B
Not much to report, everything is status quo.

I have put up the tree, the kids decorated it.

We have to let the kids know that my H won't be home for Christmas

He is very upset about it as we have never been apart for the Holidays, even during the worst of times.

The cost of everything is just too much right now and airfares have doubled.

Anyone want to donate their frequent flier miles

So, I am putting on a happy face, and am trying not to get into a funk about this.

Back to painting....

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
B
OP Offline
B
Not much to report, everything is status quo.

I have put up the tree, the kids decorated it.

We have to let the kids know that my H won't be home for Christmas

He is very upset about it as we have never been apart for the Holidays, even during the worst of times.

The cost of everything is just too much right now and airfares have doubled.

Anyone want to donate their frequent flier miles

So, I am putting on a happy face, and am trying not to get into a funk about this.

Back to painting....

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
A
ACJ Offline
A
That's sad BND but your children know he is coming home eventually b/c he told them so himself. I'd rather be in your place any day than mine right now (although I know you have been here too!)

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
P
P
Hi BND,

I am sorry your H will not be making it home for Christmas. I am sure that is a a little sad, but you are on such a good track right now, it really is OK in the big scheme of things. I am thinking, what can you do to make H included and feel special even though he can not be there in person? Can you make some digital photos of you and the kids around the tree and send them to him on Christmas? Or do one of those satellite phone calls where you can see the person while you talk? Or send him a really special package that he is to wait to open on Christmas day with all of you on the phone together? Something to support you all. And what is the official coming home for good and all day? That is something to look forward to!

I know you are probably sooooo busy with holidays and all your kids, but if you have a chance to check in on my sitch this month in particular, I'd really appreciate it. I am having a bout of "I don't know what the h*** I'm doing" and meanwhile H feels more distant and unpredictable than ever. So your thoughts and experience would really help me right now.

You are an inspiration BND. I am so excited for you. I hope this Christmas is the best year ever for you. And it is, truly. Your new R with your new and committed H. No matter where he is, you can feel that even through the ethers. What a blessing.

PositivelyListening
When one door of happiness closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. - Helen Keller
T
T
Hi BND,
I am sorry to hear that your H will not be home for Christmas. Make the most of it with your lovely kids. He will be there next Christmas for sure!
Thanks for visiting my thread, it meant a lot to me.
Take care and HUGS

B
OP Offline
B
Got some Christmas shopping done today.

I am desperately seeking a Krusty Krab cash register for my S5...ughhhhh!!!

My H put extra money into my account to buy the kids stuff, so that was a plus.

He called me this morning to thank me for taking care of the kids and all of their Dr appointments....we did 5 physicals this week...a total pain in the arse, but we are almost done and won't have to go back for a year.

So the kids know that Daddy will not be home for Christmas and they are not at all happy.

They just don't get it and after 2 years of him being gone I think they are just fed up.

I know this will be over soon and I am very grateful for that but sometimes I do feel resentful that it is always me who has to be all things to all people.

I am so tired of being the strong one and I am so tired of carrying all of the weight for my family. I guess I just need a break and some time to regroup.

job Offline
B,
I posted over on mlc. Try www.toysrus.com. They have them and I believe they are within the price range you were seeking.

Click on this url it will take you to the screen you need: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2330869&cp

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
P
P
Hi BND... Sorry that you have so much to deal with - the kids being unhappy about your H's absence at Christmas and also your own unhappiness about that, plus all the shopping, doctor's visits, etc. You're doing well and it's nice that your H is showing appreciation for your work! I'm sure he'll more than make up for all this when he finally moves back permanently. I can see how you are there for so many people, including all of us on this BB. You're very much appreciated... PH

PH's Thread
S
S
Hey BND!!!

What a bummer about your H. You and the kids have been so patient. And you are right - you have had to do sooooo much!!!

You really are a special person and deserve all of the love in the world - the same love that you extend to everyone else.

While your H may not be home for the holidays, I hope you are still able to share some good moments with him from afar.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

God Bless,

Santhony

Email: santhonybelieves@sbcglobal.net
B
OP Offline
B
So I have another strange question.

My Beloved called me today and told me how much he was thinking about me and we had a nice conversation.

Then...

He asks me something.
He wants to know if we can treat each other like a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.
I asked him what he meant.
He said that he likes the idea of our new relationship and the direction it is heading.
He likes all the newness and the excitement of it and wants us to keep this feeling.
That this was what our marriage was missing and now we have it back.
He also said I would always introduce you as my wife, but I want us to keep this excitement going.

So is this a good thing?
Or is this a MLC thing?

I am so confused, and I am just not used to positive things in my marriage anymore, as I still am counting babysteps.

So forgive me if I question everything that happens.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard