Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79296 01/17/00 12:46 AM
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
I do not know where to begin with this message. It's going to probably be a long one so I apologize now for I'm sure you have more important things to do than to read a long letter. Anyway, I want to thank you so much for writing the book DIVORCE BUSTING.
My husband and I have been married for 11 years and have been VERY UNHAPPY the last 5. We hardly ever fight we just hardly ever talked. My husband was spending all of his waking time on the computer and I was resenting it more and more. I ended up having an affair on him last year which I know was very wrong. My husband ended up filing for divorce in October right before our 11th wedding anniversary. The first week I went through the begging, pleading stage to give us another chance, think of our sons and so on. We were still living together and going on as we usually did: Ate meals together, slept in the same bed and so on. Any a month after filing for Divorce, my husband decided to stay in our marrige for the boys. I thought to myself That's a start. A friend of ours told me to get your book. He said that if I didn't get it he was going to get it for me. So I checked it out from our local library. I started reading as soon as I got home. Within a few days I have noticed !
GREAT IMPROVEMENTS. I can't believe how happy we both are now. We actually have intellegent conversations, he calls me from work to say he has a meeting and doesn't know for sure how long they are going to run so he might be late. Which he used to do the opposite. He would call me after the meeting when it was past time when he should have been home. We cuddle, which is also something we haven't done in 5 or 6 years. Michele, HE SMILES. He will sometimes smile when we are out, but hardly ever around the house. I cannot believe we were ready to throw in the towel and flush our marriage right down the toilet. We are friends which is something I don't think we ever were. I know now this is the Man I want to spend the rest of my life with.
Your book has helped me so much, I plan on getting it for my sister who is getting married in a few months. Also my best friend who is a marriage family therapist cannot believe the change in me. She was for sure our marriage was over for years. I am going to get the book for her for she is going for her doctorate. Her husband isn't very supportive and somethimes I think she wants to give up too. I tell everyone about your book and that it isn't just for couples who are having problems. I think if just one spouse from each marriage read this book there wouldn't be any troubled marriages.

Again Michele, thank you so much for writing your book. It opened my eyes to a wonderful thing that I have.

[This message has been edited by Michele (edited 05-29-2000).]

The Divorce Buster
#79297 05/29/00 10:13 PM
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
just want to refresh this

The Divorce Buster
#79298 03/22/04 10:16 PM
^^

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com
#79299 10/28/04 04:20 PM
~~~~

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard