Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#70898 03/09/00 05:22 AM
C
ChrisJ Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My Friends,

I feel a bit guilty for not posting more often but I have been very busy lately at work and at home.

Our progress continues.... Each day I notice small movements to where I want to be.

Last night my W said (during our Tuesday date night) ..... "and look how easy we got caught up in this mess last summer" and " if we can mess up like that anybody can". I felt so relieved hearing those words from her mouth not for me but for her. She has relized that it is not about blame its just something that happened and something that we can recognize and never let happen again.

What's easy now is understanding which road to travel and not taking the wrong turns.

Gone is her selective memory of our past. She sees now not only the pain of our seperation but what caused it. She now remembers the mostly good times of the past.

So now we are at the point where we can both objectively keep ourselves on track.

I post now for those of you who need and want hope. Four months ago I only knew that I had the power to choose what I wanted and to try to get it.. at that time I could only be certain that I would do everything I could to rebuild my marriage. This I did have control over. This gave me the strength.

I also knew that it was that strength that my W was drawn to in the first place. It would be her way back.

I think how I feel about my wife was best said by a note that I wrote her for Valentines day. A note that explained all the things I love about her. But one thing rang most true.

"I love how you turn the ordinary into the extra-ordinary"

Chris

#70899 03/09/00 03:19 AM
G
G
ChrisJ:
Chelsea directed me to you...we are both posting on this Forum. She told me I was creating the "road back" for my H...I asked her to tell me what that meant and how to do it...she told me to ask you, as that was what you had done.
Sooo...what does the road back mean...how do you do it? I would appreciated hearing from you...this is the only way we are all learning is from each other.
I hope things are going well for you and your W...you sound so positive!
Ginny

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard