Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
https://www.divorcebusting.com/foru...at&Main=63374&Number=2942207#Post2942207

What a difference a year makes. lol My last post was so sad and whiny. I couldn't face people here because I felt like a failure for not being as far along as I thought everyone else was.

I have a ton of updates but lets stick to what I want to tell everyone here. I've met someone. I haven't dated since my ex left and I was convinced I was going to be alone FOREVER. lol

He's 59, cute, kind and makes me laugh. I've known him for a year through work (different department). In hindsight he was always trying to chat me up but dummy me didn't realize he liked me. I haven't dated in 35 years so I have NO idea what I'm doing. Anyway I'd been hitting the gym, got my hair done, was feeling myself when he popped by my office and asked for my phone number.

I'm happy but it's not because of him but because of all the work I've done to get a life. Anyway I've got to go to the gym but felt compelled to share my good news. This may not last but for now we are doing good.

Maybe now I have something to add here. smile

2 members like this: job, Ready2Change
D
DnJ Online
D
Good Morning kas

Yes, what a difference a year makes.

It’s wonderful to read you are happy and are doing so very well. All that good work on self. Ah, the gift of time used wisely. smile

I know you struggled and hurt and felt like things were progressing slowly, yet you were never a failure.

Have a great Sunday.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
job Offline
I am so happy that you have returned with a wonderful update. You worked hard to get to where you are today. Be proud of yourself...you had a lot of heartache along the way and have overcome the hurdles that were placed in your path.

Happy Easter! Keep up the good work!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well we’re exclusive now. I don’t think he was dating anyone when we met but you never know obviously. I thought marriage meant we were exclusive and that wasn’t true. Lol. I can laugh about it now.

Part of me wants to run because I think I don’t have another heartbreak in me but I realize I’m stronger now. I know now that I need to maintain my life outside of a relationship. I built a good one and I’m not making the mistake again of wrapping my entire life around one person. I have friends now, hobbies, enjoy my own company, I have a life.

I’m grateful for this site for teaching me this. It was awful getting to this point but now I can honestly say it was worth it.

1 member likes this: job

Moderated by  Admin, Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard