Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
U
U
Hrt - Gentle 2x4 - who cares what she calls it, as long as she's going?

What I find in MC is that one party usually drives the agenda. Are you only talking about your MR and how to drop the D because you are driving the agenda? Your W sounds ambivalent from your posts.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Maybe she's calling it co-parenting because talking about co-parenting is exactly what she prefers to do. In which case... I'm not sure you will benefit from MC much because she may not be really invested in improving the MR.

And if the above rings true, perhaps spending a session letting your W drive the agenda, or talking about parenting and the kids, may be a great way to relieve pressure.

Just some thoughts... again I may be misreading your sitch.

H
OP Offline
H
I agree with you and I’m glad she’s going. I’m not driving anything, it’s the MC.

Originally Posted by unchien
Hrt - Gentle 2x4 - who cares what she calls it, as long as she's going?

What I find in MC is that one party usually drives the agenda. Are you only talking about your MR and how to drop the D because you are driving the agenda? Your W sounds ambivalent from your posts.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Maybe she's calling it co-parenting because talking about co-parenting is exactly what she prefers to do. In which case... I'm not sure you will benefit from MC much because she may not be really invested in improving the MR.

And if the above rings true, perhaps spending a session letting your W drive the agenda, or talking about parenting and the kids, may be a great way to relieve pressure.

Just some thoughts... again I may be misreading your sitch.

U
U
That’s good to hear. Just be mindful that your W may be “checking off the box” that she tried MC.

S
S
Sorry for my absence on the board. My H has been critically ill. I just didn't want any of you to think I had ditched you.
((hugs))

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
H
OP Offline
H
That would be very disappointing, as she has been very engaged. I feel it’s been working

Originally Posted by unchien
That’s good to hear. Just be mindful that your W may be “checking off the box” that she tried MC.

H
OP Offline
H
I hope he is ok!

I missed you, but thought you would respond to me when you could.

Originally Posted by sandi2
Sorry for my absence on the board. My H has been critically ill. I just didn't want any of you to think I had ditched you.
((hugs))

T
T
Originally Posted by sandi2
((hugs))

Sandi, that's horrible thing to face. Prayers for you and all your family.

D
D
Sandi, I hope that your husband is getting better. You and he will be in my prayers.

M: 22, T: 27
Three Children
BD: 12/15/18
B
B
Hello HH,

I saw your question to me on another thread. I will read your sitch! I am on my way out the door to GAL for the day, but I will be back later tonight or tomorrow! :-)

Blu

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Blu!

I’m still not sure if I have a WW or a WAW, but I do believe based on MC that she is more of a WAW.

Originally Posted by BluWave
Hello HH,

I saw your question to me on another thread. I will read your sitch! I am on my way out the door to GAL for the day, but I will be back later tonight or tomorrow! :-)

Blu

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard