Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
T
OP Offline
T
Previous Thread:

Moving on to the bright side part 22

J - I don't know if the conversations are different but with cheerleader type maybe a little more exciting???? Those type usually has a wide circle of friends, always has some activities planned with their friends and like to go out and do things. The conversation may not be as deep but they always seem to have something exciting going on.

The DR doesn't have a wide circle, truthfully doesn't have the time, is pretty independent, and doesn't need to have a bunch of activities planned. When we are together she is very talkative and always has something to discuss about her practice that she just opened up 6 months ago but with her it is just a different type of personality.

I think for whatever reason I have usually been attracted to the very feminine girly girl. Maybe it is the protector in me or I have the male dominance thing going on which also bleeds over to the type I have been attracted to in the past with smaller women.

The Dr does have a tender side, a feminine side, and I have seen both. That said she also has no problems going out to her ranch, shooting guns, riding around on her Polaris, clearing brush, and getting her hands dirty as well. That is something different for me.

Last edited by job; 03/20/19 01:57 PM. Reason: Fixed lilnk

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
L
L
Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
I have the male dominance thing going on which also bleeds over to the type I have been attracted to in the past with smaller women

Easy there Big Smooth1

T
OP Offline
T
lol

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
I hear you though. Months ago I received a message from a girl who was totally my type. Long hair, slender, very feminine. As I read through her profile and I discovered she drove a tractor trailer for a living. I just couldn't do it. Shame on me.

T
OP Offline
T
LOL......well TBH I couldn't have done that either. Funny thing is my XW was not very confident and constantly deferred to me for everything and at the end it wore me out. She literally wanted to make no decisions but eventually I was like come on really she would literally ask me for advice or direction on most everything and eventually it wore me down to a nub. She was also very feminine.

Now I have someone who is independent and has no problems making decisions and taking charge yet I am questioning her femininity or getting used to her not being completely feminine.

Uggh………...

Married 14, Together 17
J
J
I guess there are different definitions of feminine. Feminine doesn’t have to be weak or indecisive and flighty or social or pink nail polish and name brand bags. But in essence, you do have to be attracted to someone as a whole. And it does take some getting used to someone new.

My ex husband was 6’4, and really smart and a perfectionist with certain things. It was hard for me to get used to someone that wasn’t as tall or as good with directions as he was. Or with someone that could not just immediatly figure something out and fix something. I knew if my ex installed the car seat it was gonna be done perfectly.
But at the same time it was nice to have someone that cared about things or had some of the qualities opposite of my ex as well.

There will never be someone that is perfect. Our exes certainly were not. We are not. If you keep looking for perfect, chances are your gonna be alone - which is preferred by many of us so not a big deal. But you also can’t be unhappy or constantly wondering about someone that has the qualities you do want either. Cause that’s not fair to anyone either.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
L
L
Originally Posted by JujuB
I guess there are different definitions of feminine. Feminine doesn’t have to be weak or indecisive and flighty or social or pink nail polish and name brand bags. But in essence, you do have to be attracted to someone as a whole. And it does take some getting used to someone new.

I agree that sounds more like a stereotype. You can be feminine and be strong, know what you want and confident. I think of it as you take pride in your health and appearance. You wear more dresses then sweatpants. You are sweet and playful as opposed to bitchy and bossy. Those to me are feminine qualities. IMO sweet and playful to a man is the same as strong and confident is to a woman.

A
A
I think too that many of us are attracted to the type of person that our ex's were. Especially if we were with them for a long time, it's a pattern that we're used to. And in many cases, an unhealthy one in hindsight.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
J
J
So here’s a question pertaining to feminine/masculine dynamics... who picks up the check? How do you guys that prefer more traditional feminine traits feel about the male taking on traditional masculine traits..that of provider on dates?

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
B
B
Originally Posted by JujuB
So here’s a question pertaining to feminine/masculine dynamics... who picks up the check? How do you guys that prefer more traditional feminine traits feel about the male taking on traditional masculine traits..that of provider on dates?

As a guy, I have absolutely no problem with picking up the check. It’s kinda understood, on my end. Also, things like getting the door for her (anyplace, really, but especially the car door if I drive her).

M: 36
W: 30
T: 9
M: 7

S6 (OS)
S7mo (YS)

ILYBINILWY BD: Feb. ‘18

W Wants S / D BD: 1/4/19

H / W still in-house

D papers from W: 3/14/19
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis