Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
B
blakmac Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Mediation prep happened a bit ago. We're ready to roll. The atty basically said that it's almost a guarantee that S will be living with me and that things will be split fairly, but if W gets crazy and tries to take it to trial, there's a good chance she'd get stuck with paying ALL of the debt. So...that's a thing.

Should be an easy case.

I know that's going to make W start trying even harder to figure things out...but it'll just be a reaction to the incoming nukes, so I won't put any stock in it until I see for sure.

A
A
Sounds good, hopefully your attorney is right and it'll be smooth sailing! Good luck! Quite right about your W, probably trying to dangle the recon carrot in front of you hoping you'll back off in the negotiations. Stay strong!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
B
blakmac Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Spent a big chunk of the day going back, listening to recorded phone calls. That wasn't a great idea, but I was doing it to get ready for mediation tomorrow.

W talking about OM: "I'm not trying to replace you. OM isn't interested in replacing you as S's dad. He doesn't want anything to do with S."

Same call: "I'm still with OM, and one day that will end. But you need to respect it and don't try to mess it up."

Same call: "It makes sense for S to live with you right now."

Same call: "If S doesn't live with me, that's like losing part of my identity."

Same call: "If I were to come back, I have a lot of friends that when I'm around I couldn't look myself in the eye."

I ended up having bad dreams last night after going through all of those calls. And I'm upset again today. But it'll be fine.

Mediation is tomorrow.

B
blakmac Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Mediation day is today. Of course I woke up with a scratched cornea, so it looks like I'm crying. Ouch. But...it'll get better hopefully before mediation.

W is taking S to a dr appt, then to his grandparent's house for the day. W said she doesn't want to go to trial, so that's a positive.

We'll see how it goes.

D
D
Good luck with the mediation! You know what to do at this point. Stay strong!

W 34 Me 42
Married 7 years together 8
0 kids 1 beloved dog
BD 4/6/2018
I moved out 4/7/2018
I moved back in alone 8/05/2018
I file 3/06/2019
D official 5/7/2019
S
S
Originally Posted by blakmac
Mediation day is today. Of course I woke up with a scratched cornea, so it looks like I'm crying. Ouch. But...it'll get better hopefully before mediation.

W is taking S to a dr appt, then to his grandparent's house for the day. W said she doesn't want to go to trial, so that's a positive.

We'll see how it goes.

Glad I am not the only 1 that scratches their eyes in their sleep. Whether it is the pillowcase, or my rubbing my eyes with crust in them. I'd say at least once every 3 months I do that. I've even considered sleeping with goggles on.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
B
blakmac Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I've even considered sleeping with goggles on.

You know, that's not a totally horrible idea. Heh.

It's starting to get better, just can't tell if it's because of the tylenol or the coffee. I'm choosing to believe it's the coffee. laugh

B
blakmac Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well, we reached an agreement on a few things. Not everything, but we can still work on that.

Joint managing conservatorship, but S lives with me.

The only thing W fought over really was when I said I didn't want OM around S. She agreed to give me custody quickly, but refused to agree that OM couldn't be around S.

That'll be for the court to decide, although OM has a criminal history, so the atty thinks it'll be a really easy argument to make.

B
blakmac Offline OP
OP Offline
B
You know, the monitored app is kind of amazing. She wanted it, and to meet in public only...no contact otherwise. Yet she's called a couple of times, sat in my car on trade offs, and wanted to meet at the park where there are few people and no cameras.

So today I decided to call her bluff. I sent a message in the app stating all the above, and saying I'm not going to meet her anywhere that there aren't cameras, and I'll be recording audio. I have been, but I made sure it was documented in the app. She said that she didn't want any contact with me at all in person. I told her (also in the app) then she needs to stop calling me, and move S's drs appts to HER days with him to eliminate the need for another meeting in person.

We had agreed in mediation that we would work together to split debts and agree on those on our own. She said today that she has to talk to her atty first.

I'm working on getting my atty to hurry and get the temp orders for custody so I can go ahead and file for child support. I'm not going to let her stall this out forever.

She made all these rules thinking that I was the only person that had to follow them.

Nope. laugh

S
S
bm, good for you. Yes she is dragging her feet, and playing games. Way to call her out on it. Look for her to get ugly now. I wouldn't doubt if she starts filing motions left and right. I know other people with vindictive exs that get dragged into court all the time. Your stbx has all of the markers of pulling that kind of garbage.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard