Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
D
Please take care of your health, Andrew. Speak with a doctor and for the love of all things bright and beautiful, STOP relying on Dr. Google. I think he’s a quack! wink

Keeping a distance from 20s seems smart. But then again, you’re a smart man. The uncle thing is funny. That made me laugh.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
job Offline
I agree w/Dawn...see a professional doctor...don't rely on the internet to give you a diagnosis! Good health is most important. Cut down on the alcohol, salt, white stuff, i.e., potatoes, bread, pasta. Also, any pain that you have may have can elevate the blood pressure. Work out more and if you don't like to do that, then take up walking.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
DnJ Online
D
Andrew - Go see a doctor.

You and I live in Canada, we have access to free healthcare. Come on, you have pain, and you are ignoring it. Ya ya ya, it’s probably nothing - Good! Get proof.

Listen man, you have pain, and you just rub dirt on it and say it will be fine - that is classic denial. It’s going to be something, find out what it is.

Hey, I get it. I would be scared of a diagnosis and maybe finding something troublesome. If there is a problem, diagnosis or not, it is still there, a lot better to know.

If you are still “thinking” that you don’t need to go, recognize the feeling, the fear. Let go of it. You know seeing a doctor is the right decision - it will tell you what is going on, it is free - there is no reason not to go.

I really hope you’re listening.

Tell you what, when you are told nothing is the matter, come back and post - DnJ, you bonehead, I wasted a day at the doctor’s for nothing!

I’d love to read that.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
G
G
Andrew! I am going to yell at you. When was the last time you saw a doctor?! If you are on blood pressure meds, you need to be monitored.

Like it was said, you have free healthcare, so take advantage. That is high blood pressure, especially for someone being on meds.

When it comes to your health, you don't need a wife to be accountable to. You shouldn't be accountable to anyone but yourself for your own health.

I work in an acute inpatient rehab with lots of stroke patients. Strokes can be absolutely devastating. They don't quite kill you right away. They debilitate you in horrible ways.

Please include in your plan to see a doctor.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Just to reassure everyone - I ain't dead at present.

Thanks for the suggestion DnJ - Sadly even though it's fairly warm here the only dirt I can reasonably find to rub on my arm is potting soil. Does that work?

To answer your question Ginger1 - I saw my doctor in the summer around when I had my colonoscopy. No concerns were indicated at that time. But I have put on 15 lbs fairly rapidly since then.

job - as far as my diet goes, I rarely have processed foods of any sort, never add salt unless the recipe calls for it as part of a chemical reaction, and try to avoid carbs of most sorts.

I have a nice pot of butternut squash soup on the stove now - didn't get to it yesterday as by the time I got the bathrooms scrubbed it was after 5:00pm. And so didn't get it over to GSL either. I hope she's doing OK.

20S and her crew have just dropped off the first load of stuff - my heavens that girl has a lot of crap. And a lot of it is just that - crap - no big surprise. It's the stuff she abandoned in her shared apartment the next town over before she moved across the province. There is a much larger amount of stuff than she led me to believe. They just left in fact after emptying the trailer, truck and a friend's car to get another load. It sounds like it will be here for some time. She did say that she and her boyfriend are buying a house this year so hopefully it will all leave then. There is a lot of stuff that came that is essentially trash at least in my mind. Broken cheap furniture for example.

My own take is that if she's been able to live without this stuff for the better part of a year, why does she need it? Then again, similar questions could have been made about my ex-wife and her stuff.

I'm letting the young people do the heavy carrying. S24 is annoyed that I suggested that we stage a bunch of the stuff in the front porch but he and 20S's boyfriend have carried the heaviest stuff upstairs already.

Thanks for the input everyone on my health concerns. I wouldn't have mentioned it if it hasn't been something that I've been concerned about as well.

So - my blood pressure has been going down each day now as I've been monitoring it again. It still has a ways to go.

One concern that I have is that if I go in to the doctor that since there is nothing obviously wrong with my arm that they'll just ignore it or give me pain meds. If it is like what I had in the summer, it does go away in a couple of weeks. At that time I thought it might be referred pain as my neck was quite stiff and sore then too. Non specific pain is presumably incredibly hard to diagnose.

I'd rather avoid having my blood pressure meds increased. Getting back to daily monitoring, decreasing my weight, increasing my activity level are things that I am going to do. Pre bomb-day at my higher weight I was on heavier doses of meds but then when I lost all that weight my blood pressure got too low and I was having dizzy spells.

I'm going to keep a close eye on things for the next week. If I don't continue to make progress I promise that I'll make an appointment with my GP by the end of next week.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
135/68 this morning.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
DnJ Online
D
Much better.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
N
N
So you can go to see the doctor then. Go to the doctor.

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
G
G
NOw I am going to ask you why the heck 20S is storing her CRAP in your home.

have some boundaries with this, Andrew. the actual CRAP she doesn't need doesn't stay, and she's got a time limit on her other stuff.
it's good to do a nice deed, and you have certainly done overly nice above and beyond deeds for her, but don't get taken advantage of. Be nice, but have boundaries.

D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
There is a much larger amount of stuff than she led me to believe. They just left in fact after emptying the trailer, truck and a friend's car to get another load. It sounds like it will be here for some time.

You should go through her stuff. If she has some pumps, nice outfits, and feather boas, then you're all set for a wild night on the town. (Or, in your case, a wild night on the village.) If you could somehow acquire a purple Scion for short-term use, then you'd have everything required to party like it's drag night in Key West. (BTW, little dresses are best worn commando style.)

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard