Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Joseph9
DH - IMO I do think she is going to go

Ummmmmmmmmm Is this really what you intended to post? If so, the rest doesn't make a lot of sense. Otherwise I tend to agree she'd be talking about the excitement and details - like she was three weeks ago. The thing that still gives me pause, however, is she may be thinking I won't allow her to go if we go just as friends so she's trying to keep the boyfriend AND keep the cruise.

I still don't think so, but better at least consider it as I may have to make that decision then. No matter how you slice it, this will not be the cruise I've been so looking forward to for six months. That will not be happening. And I'll have to deal with that soon enough. For now I've got to deal with all of the rest. Talk about mixing business with pleasure. Then again, the nature of my business is always mixing business with pleasure.

I'll say it again, THANK GOD I don't "get" to take a guest to Europe with me!!!!!!! Especially since we will perform in Amsterdam on the route LOL

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
J
J
Would you even want to go on a cruise with her at this point? It would be uncomfortable and worth the money to not have to share a small space for an entire week with someone you are no longer with in this situation. Personally, i would love the alone time being in the warm caribbean, turquoise waters, with some books and a pina colada. Plenty of singles go on cruises so you will have the opportunity to socialize when you want to and retret back to the confort of a nice room.

I get the professional awkwardness of the situation. But this was out of your control. These things do happen. Its like getting sick on a mandated work during a holiday. You worry that people are gonna think your just calling in, even when your not..but multiply the expense factor. You will get through this. It was out of your control, so no use getting anxious about it.

Your employer will get over it as well. I am sure they have had to deal with much much worse from other employees.
Could you ackowledge the situation and make a good faith effort and offer to work a bit extra? Even if they dont accept it, it looks good. Most people can sympathize with situations like this when you show that you will attempt to make it up to them in another way. They know that you are not trying to get one by, this way.

Planning a distant trip is a big committment. I think wild girl meant it at the time. But it was just too far in the future for her or you to predict your relationship. I think she was hoping you would get the hint so she would not have to confront or be direct. . She evaded which was really irresponsible and immature. She does not want to go. It takes away time from her family and current love interest. She might go to avoid being a bad guy, but would u really want to share a room with someone under these circumstances?

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well I have the update and clearly some of you here are way smarter than I or Joseph are. Like I said, it's often harder to tell when you are in it. After no phone call or failed to make the calls for two days, my phone rang minutes after she said she'd call. She was very calm and friendly and I tried to be as nice as possible.

After pleasantries I asked her to catch me up because I'm obviously out of the loop. We proceeded into nearly a half hour conversation about members of her family, her friends. We talked about me, my family, etc. I finally said, and let's talk about you, there are obviously some developments there. Turns out it is the guy whom I thought it was who left his GF of 15 years two months ago. Can you say red flag for her? Of course he's everything she's been looking for. He's 41 (remember she's 42) blah, blah, blah. She kept saying she is sorry as in for me and any interest I have or had in her. I then said, look, I totally can understand that but I'm in big trouble now with this cruise. Big pause and stutter, "okay, why would you be in trouble?" to which I respond how everything is paid, we can't transfer the flights, etc. and then, yep, here it came "Oh I'm still going, unless you don't want me to" I was shocked. "I'm off of work, I've got everything I need, I only work on Thursday until noon. I've told him about it and about you and he's a bit p!ssed at me but I told him there is no way I'd back out on you" and went on to say how she has always had guy friends, etc. WTF???? I mean What in the frick!!!!!!

I then said, "does he know we've slept together?" Of course, she's left that piece out. Whatever, that's on her. I said it didn't even sound like you were looking forward to it. Of course I am she says - as if I'm the one out in left field here. I told her, what would you have thought if I put up a post on FB about having a new GF and a photo of her. Would you not think, well I guess I'm not going on a cruise anymore?" She claims she never stopped to think about any of it. The thing is, she was so matter of fact and straight to the point and so calm with all of it, I tend to believe her. Evidently it was the new BF who insisted that post go up - because of the cruise and her going with me - so she did it to make him feel better.

Oddly enough, I feel fine about it all - mostly because it restores a little bit of faith in human nature in general and Wild Girl in particular. It also removes the tarnish from the past. As I have said all along, I never considered us a long term thing. Just never did. So that part is really not an issue. I won't have to worry about everything that goes along with her backing out - including the finances. I"m sure we'll still have a great time. So the only thing that will change is the naked activities at night. Then again, I've been wrong about everything else so...

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
J
J
Wow. I live in a completely different world from so many women. And iam shocked at what guys are ok with.

Now heres the question..joseph went out with someone that had signs of a wayward woman. WG has signs of being an OW which is just as bad. Why are nice guys like the 2 of you still giving these women the time of day? Both of you even admitted they werent physically your type. So its not looks.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
A
A
I'm just sittin here cracking the last of my Christmas nuts watching the floor show.

Juju - there are variations in guys and attitudes.

Oh! I found a chocolate coin!

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K
Dang it Don!
Maybe you need to meet my ex-sister-in-law - she's single, retired, lives near Miami and seems to always be out and about! (And no, her divorce from my brother was his fault, not hers).

L
L
Vacation, sun, alcohol. Hangout, have fun and hook up. It's in the bag DH!

G
G
I don't even know where to begin. I guess I began in my private message to you.

I can't stand this woman even more now. She couldn't even tell you personally about her new boyfriend or give you enough time to take a single person with you on the cruise. She is lying to her new boyfriend, sharing a cabin with the guy she was having sex with this summer and pretty much just glad to be getting a free trip without having to face anything she did. She's selfish and nasty. I would want to throw up sharing a cabin on the sea with her for 8 days. I'd tell her ass to stay home with her boyfriend. But that's me I guess.

I am in camp juju here.

And WTF, LH? Hook up and hang out with some dishonest whore who did something really crappy and selfish and has a boyfriend? And this boyfriend has no idea of the truth? He's innocent in this.

I don't get men.

G
G
hit reply too soon.

She has restored your faith in her? She is lying to her boyfriend to get a free cruise, couldn't tell you to your face or earlier about her boyfriend and now your faith is restored because she is going with you under a fake guise?

I am sorry Don. You deserve better than this. And if you think this is redeeming, you need to set your standards a little higher. you deserve more respect than this.

But if this makes you happy and allows you to enjoy yourself, so be it. But I would never look her way again after the cruise.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard