Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2817885 10/17/18 05:44 PM
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Prior thread - Brunch in Ravenna
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2817355&page=1

We have now moved along to sometime around tea-time in my journey and have shifted from the ancient city of Revenna with it's monuments and cafes eastwards. Not that the actual direction matters much - after all this is all just metaphors.

In real life, the first soft snow of the season has just started outside my home office window.

Icaria is a small island located off the Turkish coast. It is famous for the legend of Icarus who flew too close to the sun and died.

It is also well known for the robust health of it's citizens perhaps in part because they eat mostly local and unprocessed food and the local red wine is supposedly delightful.

Let's see where this takes us. I do have a destination in mind but plans do change sometimes.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Andrew,

Why tacos and not kebabs?

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by doodler
Why tacos and not kebabs?
Long story related to a kind person long out of my life.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Long story related to a kind person long out of my life.

Was her name Margarita?

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by doodler
Was her name Margarita?
With a slightly different spelling, that's my daughter's middle name. Keep trying. This could get entertaining.

When emptying the fridge I came across some archaeological dip mixes that I have no idea how to use and are probably close to 10 years old. Added them to the compost along with the powdered sugar from before. I think pretty much everything that I am unlikely to use as far as foodstuffs is now gone from the house. It will be a pretty darned unusual compost I think.

S24 surprised me by saying that he applied for the job at the local factory laugh Hope he gets it. For whatever reason he didn't get any hours yesterday at his construction job.

Had my usual long talk for the first time in a while with D26 yesterday morning. She's very stressed for lots of reasons. In the 2+ hours we talked and my asking "so - what have you been up to" - no mention of her mother. I did hear from round-about ways that it was very likely her and OM down visiting in a borrowed camper trailer. So now he's met both the kids ... The next steps are pretty obvious but it's now been over 3 years. It would be a load off my mind if they did marry. D26 is currently on a plane on her way to see her bestie in Vancouver. Seems that her passport works to get there, but not so well to get here frown We're working on plans for me to go down at the end of November - need to get a bunch of Christmas shopping done first.

No word from CL - no surprise. She did pop up on social media and noticed a post that I made which was more or less aimed at her. I'm enjoying the book she recommended - The Princess Bride - no surprises there for anyone playing the home game.

Going to be a busy weekend. S24 wants to get a haircut. He suggested that I do it for him at home. I suggested that was a really bad idea so he's going to be riding along for part of the erranding. Car service, snow tires, bagging the Halloween candy etc etc. I picked up about $60 of chocolate coins yesterday to add to the chocolate bars, lolypops etc that I already have - real coins might have been cheaper. There's always a pirate theme at my house and the coins are part of the tradition. I think it will end up costing me about $1.50/bag this year. Last year I was more conservative with the chocolate and it was only about $1/bag then. The lady at the flower shop was happy when I said that I'd drop off a treat bag for her S6 - he's a big fan of chocolate coins it seems. I think my house is on the "must visit" list for a bunch of kids. She doesn't have a car and lives in another town so can't stop by. I already have my small LED projector running inside one of the front bedrooms showing spooky scenes against the window. It works well and I use it for Christmas too. Very inexpensive and simple but looks fancy. I project against a translucent shower curtain.

One more week in this office before I have to vacate. I'll miss (most) of the people here, especially WL. But once I'm no longer here, there will be much less conflict of interest concerns ....

Well back to it. These memos won't write themselves.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My heavens. Good thing I'm wearing my exciting socks (look up BlueQ)

Lots of errands today which had me doing things out of order. And then things happened.

CL reached out to me this morning and was chatty (for her) via text through much of the morning and in to the early afternoon. Perhaps she's getting her head above water. She has plans this weekend so I didn't bother to suggest getting together.

There's an oddly pretty lady who works at the local beer store. She's anorexically thin almost to the degree that you'd think she was "on" something and perhaps she is. She had her hair down today which is unusual for her so I remarked that it looked nice in a semi flirty way. Putting myself out there one step at a time. Being so thin isn't really attractive to me but I don't really care too much about appearances. I do have a weakness for pretty eyes though and her's are large and luminous.

At the grocery store I was chatting with the cashier who has served me there a number of times making comments about needing to feed my son who couldn't be bothered to get up and come with me. She - after some hesitation - asked if I was single and suggested that I attend the weekly singles dance on Friday a couple of towns over. I was quite flattered but said that it was unlikely as I work some distance away. I didn't mention that the only dancing I'm capable of is the "awkward white guy shuffle". But now she knows I'm single - I presume she is as well. A number of her co-workers know me personally but she might not know that.

At the flower shop, the usual clerk wasn't there but the owner (who also has the most amazing eyes - and is more age appropriate) was. We chatted a bit. I know that she did have a steady guy a year or so ago - no clue if she still does. I did suggest that she check out the cafe in my village and as a woman running a small business, get to know the cafe owner who is incredibly good with social media. She might, especially since it turns out that she is quite fond of soup. Squash soup is on this weekend.

The biggest news though is that when I stopped off at the cafe for my weekly scone, it turns out that I was the winner of the raffle and got a lovely gift basket. I'm pretty excited about that. I got my picture taken with my friend the owner and everything. The basket has a coupon for cupcakes, some cookies, and some cooking utensils that I actually know how to use.

And yes - I have a very quiet life here - but I'm wearing my exciting socks. Now off to put away my summer tires into the shed, re-torque the lug nuts on the car and get to my second load of laundry.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Must be Sunday. Liz is curled around the tea-pot again.

I may have put my foot in it. "20 something" is apparently splitting up with the boyfriend d'jour 1/2 way across the province. I had messaged her in the afternoon with a question about the loan I co-signed for her last year (yeah - I'm a soft touch) and she told me that she had been spending the day drinking and crying and needs to move by Tuesday. She said that something changed around noon yesterday.

It's a bit of a surprise because they had been doing the "meet the families" thing recently.

I assured her that if she needed a place to crash that she could stay here for a while. I think she's seriously considering it but she said that she thinks that S24 wouldn't be happy about it.

Having a curvaceous 24 year old woman with no visible means of support living here would certainly put the cat amongst the canaries in the village gossip mill.

I checked on her this morning and she's as ok as could be expected and asked about my offer so presumably she's considering it. Her parents live about 2 km from here but I've gotten the impression that she's welcome to visit but not move in.

She's a professional photographer and had been working for a local company before she left to be with her twu wuv so presumably she would be able to get that job back.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
R
R
I am always confused when you talk about this woman. Do you think of yourself as a father figure or a potential romantic partner?

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
D
DnJ Online
D
Hello Andrew

Oh the archeological dips that reside in the refrigerator. Some of those have passed from food stuffs to life form. smile

I hope S24 gets on with the factory. Full time steady local employment is hard to find in small towns, fingers crossed.

The grocery store cashier. You have stated you are interested in dating, not really attached or committed to CL, so no moral dilemma, and you freeze again. She was reaching out. You should have gone and just had a good time.

Maybe I am way off base here, but if you weren’t interested you would not be talking about her.

Confidence, you have mentioned it before. Hey I understand, rejection is not fun.

That women risked rejection talking / asking you about that dance. Women and men aren’t really all that different when it comes to insecurities. You could have asked when does it start? Oh that early, my commute is 2 1/2 hours so I would be one hour late, do think that would be a problem? Oh not a problem, that’s good. Are you going? Would you like to go? Etc..

Here is some advice for what it is worth. Go back to store tomorrow, buy something at her check out. This is store in sleepy little town, like my town, not a Walmart in downtown Big City Metropolis. Then ask about dance. Something like - I was thinking about that dance this coming Friday. We’re you planning on attending? And see what she says. I would like too, but... I would like to go as well, perhaps we can go together. How about I pick you up after work and we enjoy an evening of dancing.

Or something like that. Play it by ear. You can do it.

If she says yes, I bet you will be naming the sock you are wearing then a bit differently.

Or not.

Just offering a perspective.

Here is another one. What are you doing in regards to curvaceous twenty something? I assume father figure and helping hand. Even then having her crash at your place could result in angry real father from 2 km away paying you a visit. Remember you only have her side of things to go on.

Now go and buy something from the grocery store.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Keep trying. This could get entertaining.

Andrew,

As you probably know, I channel a Magic 8-Ball. Every time I ask the Magic 8-Ball if a specific name is the name of Andrew's mystery Turkish Taco woman, the response is "Ask again later." And that's the problem with channeling a Magic 8-Ball, for the most part it's useless.

Here's my second guess at the mysterious woman's name: Theresa.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard