Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
job Offline
Congratulations on the award. It's about time someone recognized you for your hard, dedicated work. I'm glad you let your boss know what is going on. She is now aware that you are not able to keep up with everything and hopefully, she'll start to help out a bit. Do not hesitate to let her know when you need help.

Glad the yoga class went well and you both survived it! LOL! Ginger, everything is looking positive and I am so happy for you. You deserve the very best.

I know you are happy that your co-worker is returning today. Hopefully, you can pass on some stuff to her to finish up.

BTW, how is the pup doing?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks Job! I do think things are starting to look up. It's been an absolutely exhausting past few weeks, and I am glad it should relax a little. M is such a great guy too, I have never quite experienced anything like this before. I sure hope it continues.

The pup is a handful. He is still peeing on my kitchen floor, he is humping me like I have never been humped before. I took him to the vet and he said he is nice and healthy and that I can neuter him in the next few weeks and that should likely calm him down. Regardless, we love him to bit and D11 sure loves that dog. She spends a lot of time yelling at him, but also carries him everywhere around the house. As soon as I get some time, I am going to get him some obedience classes. I need to straighten his butt out so someone will dog sit him when I need! M is so good with him and loves him to bits too

job Offline
Have you tried the "pee" pads that you can place where you want him to go? A friend of mine used them and they worked for her. Does he only do it when he's excited or all of the time when he is out of the crate? Neutering him will help calm him down a bit.

Be consistent in your training. Just like a child, if he does something he shouldn't, correct him. When he does something correctly, give him a treat and tell him that he's a very good little boy. That should be help you along the way.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
I agree with job about the puppy. Molly is an old dog now, but I still leave puppy pads out during the day when I go to work. When I was married to XH, he was home all day since he was on disability, so he could let her out often. I don't have that luxury now and she has to stay home alone all day and since I don't have a fenced yard, I don't have a doggie door where she can go in and out freely. I have never crated her so she has free run of the house while I'm at work, but I leave a puppy pad near the door and some days when I get home she's used it, but most days she hasn't. I take her out right before I leave and let her out as soon as I get home. In the evenings and on weekends, she goes outside a lot, but it just isn't feasible to give her a way to do that while I'm at work, so for me, puppy pads have been a lifesaver. The only time she's EVER had an accident and not used the puppy pad was a very small handful of times when she was sick and I suspect had little control over where/when she went.

I also agree about neutering. That will definitely calm him down a bit. I don't know about your area, but here, there are always humane societies an other entities that offer low cost spay and neuter clinics where a local vet does it for a very small fee. Molly was a baby when we got her, but she was already fixed, so we didn't have to worry about it.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
M is such a great guy too, I have never quite experienced anything like this before. I sure hope it continues.

How so? How is he different than FF - which you kind of felt the same way about or even more deeply? Or the trumpet player? What is it that you've never expierenced before that you think you are now with this guy? Are you able to put it to words?

Originally Posted by Ginger1
M is so good with him and loves him to bits too

So if M has met and interacted with the dog has he done the same with D11 yet? I know you were considering when to introduce them. Something tells me that may have happened? Or has it just been the dog so far?

Have you guys had a disagreement yet? Usually by about this time something comes up and honestly I'd think by now it would have. Of course it's how you guys handle it that is most important. It's all a part of the process. Things are never just sunshine and butterflies. You are still early in but some of these things will be oart if the process and will really start to show you the potential for the future.

Very happy to see that no other shoes have dropped and no surprises have shown that's great!!!!!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I tried wee wee pads, but he chose to eat them instead!! Maybe newspaper, because that's what they were doing before I got him. But I have this nice yard and I don't want pee in my house. He will pee outside and come right back inside and pee, I don't get it. But I am going to try to be persistent.

To address your questions DOn, every guy has been different. FF was a hard pursuer and very a love bomber. Our sitch was different, so it was different. Trumpet guy was nothing. He was a 2 week fling. M is very different than any other guy in many different ways. He's very sweet, very calm, very patient. Our dynamic is different than the others as we are both understanding people, we have been through similar hardships and the way we handled them have shaped us. We really appreciate each other for who we are.

He has NOT met D11. He comes over when she is at her dad's. He stays over, sometimes we just hang in. D11 asks me daily to meet him and it has not happened as of yet.

We have not had a disagreement yet, but we have nothing to disagree on. Our lives haven't been merged so to say. We have had friendly debates about topics, but we have nothing to disagree over. When kids and lives are more meshed, I am sure a disagreement will come up, and I am anxious to see how we handle it. I think it will be pretty good because we both are extremely empathetic and open-minded and aren't afraid to be wrong. I guess the only thing I worry about now is that I have been struggling big time with work, which I have shared with him, but not too much, because he is such a positive person and I didn't want him to think I was miserable. But we were laying in bed last Saturday and I told him I had a break down and cried a few nights before and he just grabbed me tighter and said "im so sorry baby" then kissed me. So, he is a validator!. Anyways, time will tell. And I can't wait to see him tomorrow

K
kml Offline
K
He sounds great!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
He really is...... and I think he even sees me as great too.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
OMG, I am so tired. What an intereresting weekend. Lots of feelings, probably best I write them out.

I tried ot leave at 1:30 on Friday and ended up leaving at 3 instead, but good enough. I went ot the gym Friday night and Saturday morning and on Friday night I treated myself to sushi and I steam cleaned my couch. M was hanging out with his friend. I texted him goodnight, he replied and that was that, I passed out on the couch.

We were going to hang out Saturday, we didn't set anything, but knew we were going to see eachother. I was up around8:30 with a contractor coming over and someone who bought my inversion table. I went to the gym, grocery, shopped, cleaned went to the hardware store to buy paint.... all the while I had texted M once around 10am, again around 12, and once more around 3pm saying I am actually worried. Not like him not to respond at all. Turned out he was up until 4, then from 6-7 and slept in until 3. I had have a bit of a panic attack. He even said to me "I am sorry, you probably thought I was dead in a ditch somewhere". We ended up having a very nice date night at this nice cozy restauraunt and then went to a bar with a band after. We uber'd luckily, and I probably drank too much and I had to work the next day.

I went to work, survived and found out some fantastic news. A full-time case manager is transferring to a different hospital! I could very possibly have this position!! It's on the hardest floor, but I am so up for it! Please cross your fingers for me. This would be life changing! I would work 10 minutes from home with the most delightful people I have ever worked with. They seem to think their job is crazy busy, but it is nothing compared to the insanity I am dealing with here, so for me, it will be awesome. The people and commute alone are worth it.

Back to my M. he came over last night after my work for some couch snuggles and take out. He stayed over too and ran out at 5:45am to go home and get ready for work. He texted me later and actually apologized for running out.

So, I realized something that scares me. I think I am falling in love with him. What do I do with that? Nothing I assume. Just feel it, don't say it, reel the feelings in a bit. I keep waiting for him to just say "I don't see a future with you, I need to cut this off" But that isn't happening. I have to trust the process. I have to trust he really cares for me and wants to build something slowly with me. I'm scared to tell people about him. SOme of my best friends don't know, and I will be telling them tomorrow night when we all get together and meet my friend from Florida's fiancé. I'm scared if I acknowledge it to others, it will go away. Again. But perhaps it won't.

And last but not least, I got my award here. Nice stuff was said, someone else said something in front of the coworker that was out and covering about what an great job I did and how I busted my butt and all she could say was "I was here sick and have covered this place so many times and no one has even said thank you to me" She's come back, not being very helpful, I still kept a bunch of her complex cases and I am still working above and beyond. She seems pretty bitter I was recognized for my hard work and really has no clue how hard I worked when she was gone.

Oh well. That was a lot and a little scattered. Tomorrow night I see my friends who I am long overdue to see and meet my friends fiancé. I asked ex to take an extra night this week so I can have some time with M. he actually said fine. I think I am calling out on Wednesday and catching up with life. Tonight we might take the dog to go see santa.

I think maybe things might seriously start going in my direction, but I am just scared to believe it, I guess.

T
T
Well G the coach always says its the woman's job to bring up the R talk and say the "I love you" first. As it is in their nature to want to bond, connect, etc.

I am not saying you should or you shouldn't but if you want to put a label on you guys you might want to have that conversation first before you bring up or say the other.

The man's job is to hang out, hook up and have fun. Along with creating the next fun filled romantic opportunity for sex to happen. smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard