Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
W
Wanted1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Would I be better off suggesting to her that she should start looking for a place to move to?

Tell her “this isn’t going to work out due to contact still with OM so I’m asking that you start looking for a new place to live.”

M: 34 W:34
D:7 D:6 S:3

M: 9.5 years T: 12

OM found & BD (by me): 9/19/18
IHS begins
W informs me she's moving out: 11/28/18
W files: 12/21/18
D Final: 2/25/19
G
G
And if she says "No". Then what? Seems it gives all the control to her.

M: 56
H: 57
S: 22
D: 20

H Moved out: 10/1/18
W
Wanted1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Grace21

I don’t know....nothing I guess but I won’t feel the need to be friendly to her anymore. I’ll be civil, especially in front of the kids, but I won’t be engaging in conversations with her.

What do you suggest I do? She lied to me and our ICs about this whole NC talk she had with OM 2 weeks ago. She has since broken it and I want her to know she isn’t fooling me and I’m not interested in waiting around when she’s in contact still with OM.

IHS begins
W
Wanted1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I really don’t think she will say No, though.

IHS begins
R
R
Originally Posted by Wanted1
Originally Posted by Grace21

I don’t know....nothing I guess but I won’t feel the need to be friendly to her anymore. I’ll be civil, especially in front of the kids, but I won’t be engaging in conversations with her.

What do you suggest I do? She lied to me and our ICs about this whole NC talk she had with OM 2 weeks ago. She has since broken it and I want her to know she isn’t fooling me and I’m not interested in waiting around when she’s in contact still with OM.

The last sentence is troubling. Boundaries are about you, not about showing her anything.

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
W
Wanted1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
But in order to enforce my boundary, which is continued contact with OM while we live under the same roof, I kind of need to let her know that I know....

And W and I both know that I get the house if we D.

Last edited by Wanted1; 11/13/18 01:59 AM.

IHS begins
R
R
But in order to enforce my boundary, which is continued contact with OM while we live under the same roof, I kind of need to let her know that I know....

And W and I both know that I get the house if we D.

That’s an unenforceable boundary unless you are willing to move out or divorce.

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
W
Wanted1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Maybe what I just need to do is say, “this isn’t working for me since you are in contact with OM. I can’t control what you do or don’t. However, if you think when we D that we will be “friends”, this pretty much negates that ever being possible. You were suppose to be NC and taking time and space to see what you wanted. That can’t happen with continued contact. I’ll be civil to you but we will not be buddy buddy. I have too much respect for myself for that.”

That a boundary I can enforce. I can also say I no longer want her here. That isn’t telling her to leave. That’s just simply telling her how I feel.

Then she can just stay here, build up her checking account and take off when she’s financially comfortable all the mean while I’m not going to engage with her whatsoever.

IHS begins
R
R
Originally Posted by Gnosis
A boundary is USELESS unless you are prepared to ENFORCE it. You will be challenged and tested on every one of your boundaries. So make darned sure you can enforce them because if you don't you are wasting your breath and increasing the contempt she feels for you.

Read this post:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2042479#Post2042479

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
L
L
W,

I really hope you didn't do or say anything last night that you are going to regret. Do nothing for a few days take a dep breath and do nothing. You are spinning out of control and making matters worse almost like you are intentionally trying to sabotage yourself. I am going to respond to your post below and be brutally honest.

Maybe what I just need to do is say, “this isn’t working for me since you are in contact with OM. I can’t control what you do or don’t. However, if you think when we D that we will be “friends”, this pretty much negates that ever being possible.

This is a weak threat. Sounds childish. If you don't do what I say I am not going to be friends with you.

You were suppose to be NC and taking time and space to see what you wanted.

She has figured out what she wants. It's OM with proof by her ACTIONS.

That can’t happen with continued contact. I’ll be civil to you but we will not be buddy buddy.

Again, another weak threat.

I have too much respect for myself for that.”

Really? Do you? You have been cheated on by her 3 times that you know of and she continues to disrespect you in your own home.

That a boundary I can enforce. I can also say I no longer want her here. That isn’t telling her to leave. That’s just simply telling her how I feel.

First off that is not a boundary. Second PLEASE PLEASE STOP telling her how you feel. She doesn't care it is obvious by her ACTIONS.

Then she can just stay here, build up her checking account and take off when she’s financially comfortable all the mean while I’m not going to engage with her whatsoever.

Another weak threat.

Look man I know this is not easy but it is very difficult to read your posts watching you dig your own grave. You have to let her go and work on yourself. You are young enough to have a good life and maybe just maybe with time and space and she sees a new Wanted and not someone she can walk all over she will change her mind and reconcile with you.

No more words. Only strong ACTIONS!

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard