Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
job Offline
kml,

I admire you and how you have handled your situation. I'm glad you received a phone call concerning a product that ties into you side interests. You just never know...you may be flying to London sooner than you think. I'm very happy to read that a representative from that company picked up the phone and called you. That says a lot about you and career!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Today is chemo day number two. Sitting with CMM at the hospital, we've got a movie to watch on the laptop and snacks packed in his Star Wars lunchbox. smile

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Day two after chemo - tomorrow is when it starts to get bad. CMM is tired but doing ok otherwise.

job Offline
Keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
A
A
((kml / CMM))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
F
F
Sending you lots and lots of positivity x

Me: 48, XH: 42
T: 18 years, M: 15 years

EA/PA 1: 6/2012
EA/PA 2: from autumn 2012-present

BD: 5/2013
ILYBNILWY BD & left: 10/2015

OW conceived: 8/2016
Born: 4/2017

H filed: 7/2017
D final: 28/12/2017
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Watching The Good Doctor last night - anyone watching it? It's a good show about a surgical resident who is on the autism spectrum.
Any way, like many autistic people, he has some OCD. He has a new room mate and he is wigging out about her not doing things the "right" way - toilet paper on backwards, leaving a coffee cup out in the morning, It's all about the tyranny of OCD/clean freaks thinking their way is the "right" way.

CMM found this episode very amusing - which amused me, because HE IS THAT GUY!!!
Seriously, last night he came over to make dinner. Was there before me, when I got home from work the first thing he wanted to complain about was the kitchen and he couldn't start cooking. Because the were four water glasses by the sink and a large serving bowl (that was clean and I suspect my mom left it there because she can't reach the cabinet where it lives). It took me 2 MINUTES to put the glasses in the dishwasher and I rewashed the salad bowl just in case.

You want to make a federal case with me by complaining about my kids and/or mom leaving some water glasses next to the sink because they weren't sure if the dishwasher was clean or dirty dishes? Seriously?? I just don't get that kind of self-righteous clean freakness that would rather make a big deal than just put a couple glasses in the dishwasher. My house is not dirty, people don't leave piles of dirty dishes or gross messes in the kitchen, cleaning lady comes every two weeks to do the deep cleaning. These were some WATER GLASSES and a clean serving bowl.

D
D
Have to thank you for turning me onto the Good Doctor. I've heard the title but never paid any attention. It's an interesting concept though - and well acted by the doctor with autism. I'm adding it to my DVR.

How are things going with CMM and his kids? Did you ever send that letter? Or is his current condition keeping that on pause? It sounds like you have solidly become CMMs "girlfriend" (wish we had a better title for those of us at this age). I'll say it again, he is so lucky to have you. It begs another question but I'm just not going to go there now as I think you are doing the right think KML.

Anyhow, just wanted to say you are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he's beating the odds so far - and continues to do so!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Don. No, no movement on his daughters and I haven't sent that letter yet. One thing holding me back is the only way I have of contacting them is through FB. I'm not sure how much of a message they can see without accepting a friend request - and now there are photos of us together at a Halloween party, so if they accepted a friend request they would be able to see me tagged in those photos with him. Not sure I want them to be slapped in the face with that.

Anybody know how much of a message you can read without accepting a friend request?

D
D
Originally Posted by kml
Anybody know how much of a message you can read without accepting a friend request?

Facebook has and continues to change things all the time. I remember for a short time they tried to, well actually did, charge $1 to send a message to a non friend. Lol. Currently, however you can very freely send messages to anyone (unless they have blocked you) so you should be able to send as long of a message as you want to and they can see it without friending you.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard