Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Babe #2820192 11/01/18 03:02 PM
job Offline
Virginia is the best! Glad you are back online! How are you doing?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Babe #2820297 11/02/18 03:01 AM
B
Babe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Job and Everyone,

Husband and I traveled together for three days back in Sep. for his birthday. We 'met' each other few times the entire Sep. and Oct. He told me he is busy(I'm total fine). I'm friendly and calm when he told me he will not coming home for weekend. My expectation is down to the its minimum.

My language lesson is going well and I'm pretty happy and grateful for I have a good teacher and new friends from class. I have to confess that sometimes I have the thought - I'm happy living all alone, I work normally, I have plenty of time in doing the things I like, I don't have to serve the meals, I take care of myself and my days are simple and easy without him (my god, I said it...)

I'm grateful cause when I look back. This is the time when he bombed me 4 years ago. I was in h@ll day and night. He blamed me for everything, he could find ton of things that I did wrong. He had infatuation with a young girl at work and he acted just like a 18 years old high school boy. I still feel the fear once had when I was with him in the same space, I asked myself thousand times 'this is the same person I knew(I married) ?' I appreciate all the helps from church, friends, family and this forum in past four years !!

me 44
husband 43
no kids
married 2006
bomb dropped Sep. 2014
husband moved out May. 2015
come to our apartment during weekend since 2017

Babe #2823193 11/21/18 03:15 AM
B
Babe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Last night, husband texted me, he forward bunch of pictures of reunion of his primary school mates. They've knew each other over 30 years. When he entered into his crisis 4 years ago, he never contacted any old friends, the young colleagues and new friends were filled in his mind night and day...

I answered his text - 'say hi to Mrs. Yvonne for me' (his teacher, an old lady who joined the dinner) and husband said - yes, I will.

This is a good one, isn't it ? it's good that he has connection with old friends

Babe #2823257 11/21/18 02:16 PM
G
G
Babe, always happy to see you! You are a light to me!

That really does sound good as far as the stages. Let's pray that God uses that reunion!

My H made contact with old friends, and they are devout Catholics (one is a priest), so I was glad for that same reason you mention. But then they encouraged him to D -- or at least he convinced them to be on board whole-hog -- and one one of them, my kids' godfather, paid for a lawyer for him. Now I worry about all three of them, they are clearly on a dark path spiritually. I still wonder if his reconnecting with them was part of the MLC stage or was simply desperation borne of needing money, his main reason to D.

Anyway, I am happy for you and always very impressed by your patience, which "surpasseth understanding"!

XO from Gerda

Last edited by Gerda; 11/21/18 02:17 PM.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
Gerda #2823263 11/21/18 02:24 PM
job Offline
Babe,

He is definitely starting to wake up a bit by being in touch with old friends, etc. Yes, it is very good that he is connecting w/old friends. He's taking things slowly and that's far better than rushing.

Take care of yourself.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Babe #2823531 11/23/18 03:17 AM
B
Babe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone; I'm grateful for this forum and the help you gave me (big heart) !!!

Babe #2823551 11/23/18 12:35 PM
job Offline
Babe,

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I always smile when I see your postings. You've worked hard to understand the concept of MLC and have been patient throughout your entire walk. You've grown so much and I am proud of the way that you have moved forward and allowed your h to come to you.

Keep up the good work!

Babe #2828037 12/17/18 07:41 AM
B
Babe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Time flies, Sunday I had lunch with husband for our wedding anniversary. Even when he was deep in his crisis back in 2014 and 2015, we went to the same restaurant for lunch. This is the traditional event before Christmas.

He spoke things gently and he shared more with me, mostly the job and the office matters. When we were having lunch, he answered a phone call, later after lunch he told me (I'm pretty impressed) last weekend he saw an accident of two motors on a bridge, there are other people around, since they were the witness, they stayed at where they were and call the police and waited for the ambulance. They stopped the car from driving for it might be more danger. In past, husband was the cold one, he never want to get in trouble and will not spend his time on this... so when he told me, I was surprised and I validated.

He also got me a gift, I'm very grateful !

He never mentioned that when he will be moving back, I never asked.

Babe #2828213 12/17/18 08:53 PM
job Offline
Babe,

Continue as you have been. When he's ready, he will slowly begin the move back home. Right now, he's enjoying your company and you've done an amazing job of being patient and a good listener. Keep up the good work. I am very proud of you!

Babe #2828340 12/18/18 02:03 PM
G
G
Yes, total inspiration, Babe. You really do trust God so much. I hope I can be like that one day!

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard