Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
N
N
Originally Posted by Ginger1
We now have a new addition to our home, Beanie. he is the absolute cutest dog. .

You know it G: believe nothing that they say and...

Originally Posted by Ginger1

My life just got more insane, but filled with much love.

Take your time to enjoy it, you deserve it.

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks guys! he is a sweetie, but you can tell he is teething, so we got him some good teething toys. He isn't allowed to hang alone near my new floors and freshly painted walls. I tried to barricade him in in an area of my kitchen for the day, but he is a serious escape artist. We ended up having to crate him, but that is what he is used to. M is going to give me a better gate then the one I have. I am anxious, I want to get home to him!

Me and exH's dogs had had puppies right after we got married and moved into our new townhome. We ended up with 4 puppies after an emergency C-section for the dog, 2 died within 2 days, but the other 2 lived and thrived. All the while eating our walls and furniture. It's a trip.

M might come over tonight if he doesn't get out of work too late. My dad's dog is not a fan of him ( well, he isn't a fan of many people) so maybe they will make good friends.

job Offline
Congratulations! Beanie is so adorable and I think you and your daughter will have many years of enjoyment with Beanie. I love the name!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
What kind of puppy did you get?

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you! HIs cuteness is overwhelming!

He is a Chihuaua- shih-Tzu mix, although 2 people see terrier in him, which is a possibility somewhere down the line.

Yesterday D11 and her bestie came home and took care of the dog. When I got home, they were in the bed, doing homework, with him in between. They took him the yard and ran home around, then gave him a bath. D11 went with her dad, and M and I were maybe going to hang out, and we did, and he suggested coming by with sushi, so we could love up the dog. The dog certainly loved him. He were trying to potty train him outside. He peed once. Yay! It was an awesome night. I'm glad he made it, because I will not be able to see him until probably later next week. It was nice that after a long day at work, a long commute, he still came to my house to spend time with me, brought me dinner and loved on my dog. Part of me still waits for him to say "something is missing" but I can't live like that, and for now, I'm going to keep loving it.

So, I was a weak puppy mama last night. M left around 11 and I was really tired and had to be up early today. I tried to cage Beanie, but he wouldn't stop crying. So I tried to put him in him favorite blanket by my bed, and he wouldn't stop crying. So, I put him IN my bed and he fell right to sleep. And I loved it. And he loved it. And I hope I am not forming awful habits. D11 wants him to sleep in her bed tonight. He was super energetic and playful this morning, so I took some time him. I put him in the bathroom with a gate for the day. he cried when I was leaving. I hope he is OK. I am getting cameras put in to monitor him from work. And the kid, lol.

The next 2 days are incredibly busy with D11. I am a chauffeur. We are getting a noreaster or something on Saturday and her game was moved to sunday, so I think we will have PJ day on Saturday, play with the dog, bake, and get the house together a little more.

Next weekend I start my new job. Boooooo.

job Offline
Beanie is going to be spoiled rotten! Did he do better today going potty outside?

I love the idea of a "PJ" day on Saturday. We are getting the noreaster tomorrow evening into Saturday. I don't know about you, but I'm just about sick of rain. Would love to have a week of sunshine.

Enjoy Beanie!

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
My son's Chihuahua mix sleeps with him - they get cold at night. I never had a dog or cat sleeping in my bed but didn't mind him sleeping with me on the nights my son was gone - he would just creep under the covers to my feet and stay put all night.

Chihuahuas are known for being difficult to potty train (I think because they don't like the cold and also have tiny bladders). Again, I recommend you invest in a dog walker who can come mid-day and take the puppy out to do his business and spend a little play time with him - 6-7 hours is an awfully long time for a puppy to be alone.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I don't even think my dog is any of the mix I was told. But I love him to death regardless. We waited at the Petco vet clinic this weekend for an hour and a half to get his vaccinations. he now has a habit of sleeping in bed with me. I crate him when I go out. He HATES it, and I am so sad to do it, but it is for his own safety. I am going to get someone to come a few times a week to let him out. I went ot work late today and I am going to try to leave early (I deserve it after last week's h@ll week).

Some feelings I need to put out there because I recognize them and I need to acknowledge them. This weekend was the first weekend in a while M had his son. He probably had a text or 2 in the morning and night each day on the weekend, but more when he dropped his S off. He apologized but I told him I completely understand and his attention belongs with this son. He said thanks for understanding. I know logically and what he says is going on, but that anxiety still creeps in. But it's all me. I know this. I can't figure out why a guy would choose me or stay with me, or not get bored with me and want something more. he hasn't texted me yet today and that is unusual for him. And it makes me uncomfortable, but again, ALL ME. When he said goodnight last night he did so with kissy faces and said "good night beautiful. He talks about the next time he sees me, helping me out with something I was purchasing for the home, ect. But I wish my own demons would just go away.

FF's sister posts on her IG story ALOT. I often see FF and his GF. yesterday, the whole family was going out for a dinner including the GF. It still makes me feel bad. I know I should have never even entertained him given our age and place in life difference. I don't miss him. I think I am jealous she is a part of the family, she can be seen that way, and she can be chosen for a long period of time. They will marry, and they should.

I just wish so much I could let go of my insecurities. I have been easily disposable to every guy in my life, including my husband. I don't know how to even feel somewhat secure anymore. And I wish I could say I didn't care, but I do.

job Offline
It doesn't matter what "mix" Beanie is just as long as you love him and he loves you. You can't judge a book by its cover and he certainly is a sweeties from the photos that you have shared. He will adjust to the crate and when you think you can safely leave him alone in the house, then he'll be a happy camper, but until you can trust him, the crate is the best option for now.

You've been burned a few times and I can understand the trust issue that you have going on. "M" sounds like a really nice and considerate man who probably has a lot going on now that his son is back w/his mother. At least he said good night, etc.

As for the FF's sister's posts, Ginger, you've got to find a way to stop looking at those. Those postings and photos aren't doing you a bit of good. They make you question yourself and let me tell you this...you were and are too good for this young man who didn't know a good thing when he had it. He has a lot of growing up to do and leave him to it.

Don't you ever doubt yourself. You've got a lot going for you and "M" knows it!

D
D
I agree with Job that you are in part feeling this way because of what has happened in the past. Feeling this way is not a huge problem as I see it. The problem is your reaction to it. If you stay calm and just shrug it off it won't effect things between the two of you. That's just hard to do. Even if you may think you are "hiding it" he may get the sense that you are needing more from him and that's where trouble can brew. Why do you need to have a text every morning and every evening? And it's more than just liking it or wanting it. If you just liked or wanted it, it would not bother you so much, it's more a need or a have to have. I totally understand it because I was the same way with Wild Girl. As I think back now, we probably should not have gotten into that routine so soon and so deeply. It's hard to sustain to begin with. But if you are used to it for a month or two, a day or two without seems to be a much bigger deal than it really is. WG and I and even this new girl have now settled into a more even flow. Sometimes there is a lot and days in a row, other times it's less. I don't know your guy, I just know me and so long as I want to text every morning and every night it's all good. However if I start to feel pressured or like it's required, that starts to be a turnoff and that's what I fear for you. If a feeling of "something is missing" or "something is off" is to come in, it could be as a result of forcing things. It's great that you see it's you and not him. That's a big deal right there. You should not need him to reassure you everyday. You need to develop that yourself - including, if he doesn't want to freely give it, you can't force him to. Way easier said than done - I totally get it. Plus you're getting to that three month time here - which has been the speed bump area for you in the past. And it's totally natural to care - who wouldn't? I wish I had better advice but hopefully knowing you're not alone and your feelings are not unnatural helps.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard