Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
D
Hey Andrew,
Just chiming in to let you know I'm still following along. smile I'm glad you're still posting and sharing your story. When do you think you'll know what is going on with your job? I hope your son gets the new job at the factory. It would be good for him to be on his own and staring his own life while you continue to explore yours.

dream

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
dream! So nice to hear from you.

Yes, I'm still here, rambling on about this and that. The job stuff will probably be in some sort of limbo until spring by the sounds of it. My son still hasn't applied for the new job but as winter starts, working indoors will probably be appealing. He's got a pretty sweet deal here but I think feels somewhat constrained living under Dad's roof.

------------------------

An interesting few days. At work yesterday at the small plant I work at now on Mondays and Tuesdays the company president and our sole salesman had a meeting in the boardroom I use as an office. Historically we didn't do sales out of this group and the now president handled things like customer requests and such himself. The two men have a very different view of what is involved in the role and it was a rather awkward conversation for me to be a witness to. I did leave the room for a while on an unnecessary errand.

It was also interesting listening to the salesman do customer calls. As I've always known it's all about relationships plus a little bit of "grease" - in this case one of the customers got a set of sports tickets in exchange and the rep said that he'd stop in to "drop them off" - getting a meeting with a major customer. While there I got a cold call myself from a sales rep and as always I was polite even though the call was unsolicited and for services that are not needed. I think I got some respect from our salesrep when at the end of the call I commented that I fully understood how tough cold-calling is.

--------------------------

Since I get home at a decent hour now on Mondays and Tuesdays I took the time yesterday to empty the refrigerator, move it out and clean under it. Checking back, the fridge was bought in 2005 and quite possibly has never been moved since. There had been a smell coming from it's general direction and while amidst the fuzz, dust and miscellany under there there was nothing specific the smell did move to the trash. It was difficult doing this alone as the back is shimmed up quite a bit due to a non-flat floor (old house). S24 was out and not back until late. It did make me feel good to accomplish this on my own.

-------------------------------

No word from CL. It's funny - at the beginning it was almost a contest between her and "stalker lady" to be the first to like my social media posts. CL herself has never been very prolific but I presume she was keen on watching me back then. That stopped some time ago even though there were a few things that I thought she might have been interested in (I don't tag her) such as the party coming up in a couple of weeks and my getting tickets for a play she recommended that I'm interested in.

I'm thinking that - to use a rural phrase - "that dog don't hunt" - that at least for now there's no room in her life for me. I'm more or less not "waiting" for her, but neither am I rushing off in a different direction. I've got a fair bit on the go myself. I did notice though that 3 of the ladies who I remember being almost courageous enough to contact on POF have revived their profiles in recent times with comments about how there are certain things that they now "don't" like about men. I think having been an observer in online dating for about 2 years now has given me a feel for who is out there and what their experiences have been. Fairly typical I would think. Am I a lot different from the men they've met? Perhaps. Or perhaps not.

I'm in the middle of a book she recommended and when I finish that will let her know what I thought of it (thus far pretty good). If she does want to continue things though she's going to have to throw out some sort of crumbs in the next month.

----------------------------

Today is the first day of legal pot in Canada. I have no intention of partaking. I did a couple of times in my 20s and didn't like the effects. I was putting a sock into S24's room this morning which had somehow ended up in my laundry and noticed that he now has a bong. I don't recall seeing it before, but his room is such a mess that it might have been around before. He's an adult but I think respects the fact that this is more my house than his. He limits his mess (largely) to his room. I fully expect him to partake but hope that he is modest with it.

-------------------------------

I'm now working harder on losing weight. Even though my appetite isn't great, it's still tough. For many years, especially when I was quite heavy (I'm still on the large size) I had peripheral artery disease. A side effect of this was water retention in my legs which was very obvious when I took off my socks. Also was the loss of hair on the lower part of my legs. I noticed yesterday that my old hairy "hobbit toes" seem to be making an appearance. Even though I'm 54 heading quickly towards 55, I'm probably healthier than I have been since my mid-30s. While I may have a bit too much wine and beer at times, I tend to eat healthily and modestly especially compared to before.

With that said, I'm craving going out for wings and beer tonight and may give in. There's a local pub the next village over that does a great job of it.

-----------------------

Well - time to get back to work. I have a technician coming this afternoon to re-wire my router to a closet from the bedroom it is in. I've done the wiring, he just has to hook up. That then opens up this room to get the wall-paper stripped and plaster patched. My ex used to not only have large amounts of "stuff" around and hated me touching it, but also used to make a fuss at any mess created. Much less stuff and no fussing is nice. I can do the work in this room for very little cost. I have other renovations I want to do in the next while but some of them will cost a modest amount.

------------------------
New thread - Tacos in Icaria
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2817885&#Post2817885

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard