Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
Hey, FY! Thanks for the update! I was thinking about you recently, wondering how things were going. Speaking about "longer than expected"... Same here... whichever direction it is going, it is definitely taking a long time, whether for MLCer to turn around... or for LBS to finally move on... I'm glad in your situation it is the former!

I hope you have a great time on your vacation and at the wedding! Take care!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
R
R
FY

Hope everything is progressing well in your world. Often wonder about your situation
And I hope it's going well. Let us know your news.

Best wishes

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
F
OP Offline
F
Hi Roist, thanks for asking. And thank you job and bright for your support also! I hope everything is going well with all of you.

Things are going very well for us. Going through counseling for almost a year proved both stressful and helpful. Looking back, I don’t see how we could have gotten to where we are now without it after all we’ve been through. It was extremely helpful!

Michelle cites studies that say most couples sticking it out for 5 years after a crisis report being more happy. I’m so glad we both “stuck it out” through the tough times. Not that it was easy!

I learned a lot about myself through this and continue to do so. There are many things I continue to work on, to be both a better person and husband. And my wife gives me her best… she deserves me! Hahaha

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
job Offline
I am so happy that you returned w/an update.

Hang in there! You've come so far and the future is unfolding more and more each day.

You are an inspiration!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
N
N
FY,

Look what happens. I go away for a year and a half and here you are working your way back to a new and improved marriage! I am so happy to hear this. And YES she is worth it.

I'm glad that you found good counselors that have been of help to both of you. Sometimes I think it's harder now than it was while we were DBing. At least I've found that in my situation.

Keep on, keepin' on!

Me:57H:62
M:34T:35
2S,2D (grown nlah)
BD:09/2012 visits M ow
EA/PA?:10/2012
H moves out 06/2013

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." -Dalai Lama
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard