Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
G
G
That's great! Hey, if anything, you had craft beer and craft pizza. That's a good Saturday night in my books.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks G.....we have had good texting banter back and forth so hopefully that will carryover to when we meet. She seems very bubbly, talkative, and outgoing which is something that I like in a woman. I do think she is a little high society though which is totally not me, so if she expecting me to roll out the red carpet and take her places that is not going to happen. I am a pretty simple person, I guess that is my country roots. Although she did grow up in Arkansas so her roots have to be in there some place smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
N
N
So we are comdemned to go check for your weekend updates...man, you are under the spotlight...you are watering our expectations ;-)

Remember the boundaries...no drag queens except the blonde ones, right?

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
G
G
Originally Posted by Joseph9
Thanks G.....we have had good texting banter back and forth so hopefully that will carryover to when we meet. She seems very bubbly, talkative, and outgoing which is something that I like in a woman. I do think she is a little high society though which is totally not me, so if she expecting me to roll out the red carpet and take her places that is not going to happen. I am a pretty simple person, I guess that is my country roots. Although she did grow up in Arkansas so her roots have to be in there some place smile

Don't borrow trouble, just enjoy the date. Roll out the red carpet, NO. Take her places, yeah, why not?

Myself for example. I am very versatile. I will go on a hike, eat pizza and drink beer on my couch as a date, but other times, I like to try some new nicer places, get dressed up, ect. My favorite date so far was our kayaking/fishing date. However, I always make sure I pay for every other date (I pay for more with M, because I treat him after he helps me, but he always tells me I don't have to).

I went away to college for one year out of high school. My roommate was this petite little blonde (you would love her) who seemed so proper and high maintenance. here I am, this girl from Jersey, who is anything but.......
We hit it off so amazingly. She's got a potty mouth like me, drinks pickle juice, and parties. She was the total opposite of what I assumed. It was only one year, but we went to each other's weddings, and kept in touch for the last 20 years.

My point is, Don't go in with preconceived notions. I bet she could go from country girl to glam girl no time, and there is nothing wrong with that.

T
OP Offline
T
LOL NEF....I will give you all and update. G....By take her places I mean like trips and high roller stuff like that. I can take her fishing but I got child support to pay smile

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
Also she is in medical sales, makes more money than me, and recently wrote a book. I am not intimidated but it is a dynamic that I am not used to. I guess I could her pool boy....hehe.

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
Oh, the medical sales chicks..... watch out for them. They are usually gorgeous and can talk anyone into anything......

T
OP Offline
T
LOL G.....now you see what I am working with here. It will be interesting.

Married 14, Together 17
D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Oh, the medical sales chicks..... watch out for them. They are usually gorgeous and can talk anyone into anything......

They really are often cut from the same mold. Interestingly, from what you've told us Joseph, I think you kind of like that mold. But, yeah, often ADHD or ditzy types but well focused when needed to get what they want. Of course after they do, they are off to the next. But on the positive side, many are pretty nice. The role a penny plays on Big Bang Theory is not all that far off from what I'm talking about. But above all else, just be yourself. No overthinking, no games just be you and it will either be a match or it won't.

I don't want to hijack your thread here and I may write about this on my own but since we've talked so much here about OLD I thought I'd Tee it off here. So you know I've said I tried OLD multiple times thoughout the years but have been totally away for at least two years now. So, I now and then get an email from several of them - which I've just deleted. Well it finally made me think, hmmmm I may still have profiles active out there. So I went to look and sure enough I did. I've got a story about that too but will hold off. Anyhow as I'm administering to turning them off, I get a message from someone who seemed interesting enough. Turns out we have some things in common and have been emailing and texting for the last several days. Who knows where if anywhere it will go but how funny is this? Perhaps this is the way to do OLD without really doing OLD. As I looked around, while I can't be positive, I swear I saw multiple women whom I remember seeing years ago. Yep, they are still at it. The other thing I noticed is a marked increase in profiles with complaints about the OLD process and all of the things that go on. Clearly it's gotten even worse. And yes, I now fully removed my profiles. If anything happens with my happenstance meeting I'll write about it in my thread.

Good luck on your date!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
T
OP Offline
T
Look at you DH back in the saddle again!! While my profile is currently offline, I had started to take that same approach. I had not reached out to a girl and initiated contact within the last month and just sit back and wait to see if they like me or send me an email. I have found that if a girl is interested she will initiate which is what this blonde girl did to me. She liked me then backed off so I could pursue her. I have had no success when I attempted to initiate contact on a cold attempt.

So you might just keep it active, don't initiate contact with anyone first, and just check in once every couple of days so they can see you are active on the site. That is all I do any more.

Married 14, Together 17
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard