Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
L
I'm not prying, but my kids have mentioned they are going on "play dates" now, with 2 other kids. I suspect they are OM2's kids.
First of all let me say this will be the hardest thing you will probably ever do aside from terminal illness. What you want to do is get to a place where your W and kids statements like this have little to no effect on you (detachment)> Easier said then done but like everyone here - it is a process and you are a work in progress. Stay strong. Stay Well!

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
S15- mad at W for not trying and giving up
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

C
cdn2a Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Update,

Still working on things, there's almost no interaction between us now.
She is spending most of her time with OM2. She seems to have given
herself permision, that its ok now since shes asked for a divorce. Shes
not even really trying to hide anything anymore. Says she wants to move
out by september. She has no money to do so. In between, shes meeting
up with him at hotels.

My head wants to explode. I cant take the cheating... I'm so utterly terribly
heartbroken.

B
B
Originally Posted by cdn2a
Still working on things, there's almost no interaction between us now.

How are you working on things? Are you getting out and doing fun and interesting new activities? Working out exercising? These are things you need to do in order to heal. No interactions right now is a good thing, it is the time and space that you need in order to focus on you and what you need.

Originally Posted by cdn2a
My head wants to explode. I cant take the cheating... I'm so utterly terribly
heartbroken.

Sorry you are going through this, it is painful but you will slowly begin to realize that life will go on, you will have the choice to wallow in self pity or living life to the fullest. Many years ago I have seen people who were heart broken that their spouse left them only to move on and find life more fulfilling. This would include finding new love, someone who will love you for who you are.

Head up, chin up and show some inner strength.

M:52 W:49
D:26 S:24 S:23 D:20
ILYBNILWY 5/28/17
Still living together
W filed 1/5/18
W moved out 8/24/18
D final 9/18/20
U
U
I can totally relate to so much of your story. Please read my thread to know you are not alone. Ours are so similar it is quite scary. How can these women behave so badly especially with children involved? I am so angry right now I xctuslly think I do not want to DB any more. I am better off without and the children will know what’s shay in time.

Hang in there buddy, you are doing a fine job.

N
N
It all takes time cdn. I´m sorry where you are now. Go on with the GAL thing. It will help you to detach. Enjoy your time with your kids: get that positive energy. Keep DBing. You know that it is for you and only for you. Carpe diem.

Stay strong man

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
C
cdn2a Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yet another week behind us. I GAL'ing up to way more than I did in the past. She is too, but it all revolves around her new friends. We talk very little, and its all superficial. I walk every morning, she's currently looking for an apartment.

A
A
I know how it feels cdn, feels it is meaningless, that we are sailing parallelly to a destination unknown. Who knows may be our fate will cross our paths with our spouses again the future and we have another shot at a better MR? Keep strong

C
cdn2a Offline OP
OP Offline
C
update,

Was my birthday today. She had the kids make me a card, and she got me a gift certificate. Seemed positive. I'm taking the kids camping for a couple of days. I suspect she'll move out while I'm away. I guess one way or the other we're moving forward. Does not feel like theres any progress. I keep praying for things to get better. I dont get how some people can switch their feelings off like this. Trying to stay strong.

L
L
well Happy birthday buddy!!, go have fun camping and get your mind off this mess. Keep praying.
I too cant figure out how a person can switch feelings like this. I hear you loud and clear. The WW is a totally different creature. Its like a major chemical imbalance that took over their whole demeanor. My sitch is the craziest thing I have or will ever experience. Just know that your friends around you and your friends here admire your strength.
Keep it up man!! Go have a happy birthday!!

ME 47 W 38
M17 T20
Separated 5/20/18
D-bomb 7/9/2018 Nothing Filed
4 kids ages 6, 10, 14, 15
T
T
BD for me was 4 days before my birthday, and 9 days before 10 year anniversary. Good times!

Married: 15yrs
Ages: Me 49, W 44
Kids: S12
BD: around 4/14

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard