Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
D
D
Maybe I'm being too serious about it all but does it not really stink that such a good idea and premise such as OLD has been otherwise corrupted like this? It's all of this Crapp that had me turn off my profile and never look back. Why do people think it's okay to just ghost people, not show up, lie, put up old photos and all the rest of the nonsense - in great part because it's only OLD. It's as if it's become the standard of behavior.

You handled it all very well, don't get me wrong. I just marvle at how an otherwise great idea of bringing single people together has somehow become the place for all the misfits to come and treat each other badly. It's her loss and you will be just fine but it's still not right - just not right. It's after going through things like this that otherwise great catches like us finally say enough already and walk away from the money making scam that is OLD

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks DH......I don’t understand, why go to all that trouble and then flake especially after giving me your digits. Anyway I have a potential date this weekend with a 51yr old teacher. Hopefully we will firm it up today,a little older than what I had originally intended but she looks good and we have a lot of similar interests.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
OP Offline
T
So I have a date lined up for tomorrow night with another girl..45 and a nurse so I have my fingers crossed. We are meeting at a bar close to her place at 6 pm. The good news is that I am getting dates and getting interaction from ladies. The bad news is that so far none of them have really panned out to anything more than one date. I guess I just need to take it for what it's worth.

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
Originally Posted by Joseph9
So I have a date lined up for tomorrow night with another girl..45 and a nurse so I have my fingers crossed. We are meeting at a bar close to her place at 6 pm. The good news is that I am getting dates and getting interaction from ladies. The bad news is that so far none of them have really panned out to anything more than one date. I guess I just need to take it for what it's worth.

You can't go wrong with a nurse smile

Just keep making the dates. It's a numbers game. Or so they tell me. Hey, you get out and get a drink, right?

Good luck! You really are a good catch, J. Some woman will be smart and not let you go.

D
D

I think that's the issue with OLD; getting dates isn't a problem, but the quality of the dates is an issue. And, maybe it's a numbers game, but it becomes expensive and time consuming.

T
OP Offline
T
So far the pictures have been deceiving. Yes expensive but I think for me, right now, it is a necessary evil as if nothing else it helps put myself out there and interacting with ladies.

Married 14, Together 17
D
D
So far the pictures have been deceiving.

Yes, that tends to be the norm with OLD. And, I'm sure the deception doesn't end with the picture.

Yes expensive but I think for me, right now, it is a necessary evil as if nothing else it helps put myself out there and interacting with ladies.

You sound a little desperate. Maybe a little time away from OLD would be good? Maybe meetup with a kayaking group or something along those lines.

I remember having a date setup one Saturday evening. I'd been working on one of my home improvement projects all day. I had to go to Home Depot to get something for the project, and I remember thinking, "I'd much rather work on my project than go on another crappy date." I called the woman right from the Home Depot garden center and canceled the date. Now, I do the Home Depot test, I ask myself if I'd rather be at Home Depot or go on a date. (Check out the paint section of Home Depot early on a Saturday morning. Hobby Lobby is another hot spot.)

A
A
Originally Posted by doodler
Yes, that tends to be the norm with OLD. And, I'm sure the deception doesn't end with the picture.
I still smile remembering "Hot Mother Theresa"

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
I still smile remembering "Hot Mother Theresa"

Andrew,

You really know how to rub salt in the wound. I'm blubbering at my desk. Meanie!

D
D
It's kinda amazing how my experience with OLD, as well as that of many others, is being mirrored by what you are having happen to you. It's almost like how so many WAW stories are the same or at least similar It's the same with OLD. I too had more success earlier on. I used to connect with more women when I was in my mid to later 40s. Not sure if it's an age thing or just that I didn't try as hard my last go around in my early 50s. But I too had nearly always one and done dates. Never was stood up but right or wrong I always confirmed and have a great, great BS detector so I weeded them out earlier on. I had many ghost me. I had many talk and talk and talk but never want to meet. I had some agree to meet and then back out. I had "women" 25 years younger than me tell me how they are into older guys - and often lived 800 miles away as well - that were clearly scammers.

Sadly I didn't have one even minor success OLD. I had a couple of decent enough dates and a few kisses but that's the best I can report. That's why I finally figured it for what it was - not at all unlike the magic pills that are sold for ED or weight loss or whatever. We want to believe OLD will really work and that it's just about the only way for us. It is not! I've had way better dates with ladies I met at events or through friends, or at seminars, etc. Heck I could have asked two out a couple of weekends ago and I'll bet both would have accepted and the time I spent with each was still better than the actual dates from OLD! I'd suggest you at least consider trying something else. Let friends know you are willing to meet people. Talk with people wherever you go. Join a meetup group or similar. Get a good wingman or some buddies and head out to some events. You don't even have to stop OLD but give some of these other things a try. Or, let OLD run its course for you. You'll either be one of the 10 or 20 percent that find someone that way or like others of us here, including Doodler and myself, you'll hang up the OLD spurs and chalk it up to a failed attempt.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard