Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted by kml
I have no connections Don - just happened to meet my friend when she was dating my ex-husband's college buddy. SHE has all the connections, and she happened to know the musician who organized this concert. She's not famous but knows and is known by some well known musicians.

Yeah, same thing as I was getting at. That's how it often works. I don't know any of the "really big players" myself but I know people who do and that gets me to them. So you have a connection that has connections - that's what got you in the door. There is nothing wrong with that - and again it only got the door opened, the rest was on you! If you were not worthy they would not have you on stage with them - not over and over again anyhow. You should be very proud! Heck, I'm as proud of having connections as of my abilities. Mine are more Nashville-based while you seem to have connections on the coast.

At the end of the day, and I say this more for those reading, these guys are just like you and I. They just got a big break. It's amazing how nice SOME of them can be and are. The more you do, the more of these people you'll meet. Enjoy the final two gigs. I'm off to a really fun event in a few days - riding with a performer that will be in a new Clint Eastwood movie coming out by the end of this year - unless her scenes dancing with Clint don't survive the cutting room floor. See - connections!!! smile

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
job Offline
Please start a new thread! Thanks!

P.S. Glad your friend is out of surgery and hopefully doing well.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K

Last edited by Cadet; 08/14/18 07:37 PM.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard