Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Happy birthday, G! Sorry about the house, but there is a better one out there for your somewhere. Good luck on the date.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I had a nice day, even though it was cold and rainy we went with friends to go strawberry picking. Then D10 and I had a little B day dinner before going off to her dress rehearsal. OWW actually texted me a happy birthday way before exH even did. D10 bough me a cute romper. I thought I would look awful in one, but it was really cute. She was proud.

Today was a day from pure he!! with our go-live today. My access didn't work until 3pm, I had 5 admissions (on a regular day I have 1-2) and I had to not only get access, but put then figure out how to put them in the system. I was P!SSED because I got barely any support, the other woman came back from Jamaica who was training me, strolled in late and was on the phone with her family most of the time. There is one co worker I wanted to punch and because my patience was thin, she saw a new side of me today. Hopefully she will back off. My patient load is a huge challenge. I worked 11 hours today and had to have exH get D10 and take her an extra day this week. he had OWW do it, but he knew he couldn't say no, because I never ever ask him. I have to be in at 7am in the morning. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up too bad. On the bright side, I made friends with the consultant trainer. He is 36 and from Omaha NE. He is cute. 14 year old son and has a GF. He was very sweet, saw my stress and gave me a shoulder massage! I was feeling good about my job last week because I handle the nurse CM with the isurances well, and made some good connections which helps with approvals. One I dealt with said "You told me exactly what I needed to hear to get the days, you must have been doing this a while" I told her, nah, only a month a half. She told me I know my stuff. My manager had thought I wasn't doing something I was supposed to do and sent me an email that it was uacceptable. I told her I have been doing it, but my access has been messed up and it must have not been saving. I hated having her thinking I wasn't doing my job. She understood when I explained it to her. But she did not come by once today to see how it was going.

I am thankful that I have a knack for people, especially in my business. But it does drain you to have to get them to see you at are competent and deserve respect. but I usually win them over.

I thought last night I found a house that was a gift from my mom in heaven. It was a beautiful house at an oddly low price but my friends even tried to find something wrong with it. My friend did find it was a police officer in town my dad used to be friends with who was selling it. Funny story if you are still around for it:

My dad worked out at the gym with this cop. He was my DARE officer. mY mom saw him at the video store she managed. My mom, was um, a character. He is hot and my mom called him Billy Buns. One day when I was at the gym, my dad called him Billy buns by accident! Funny, but not so funny, he had made 2 mutually exclusive arrests for drugs. My exFIL, and my mother. (classy, right?) This cop always kind of had a soft spot for me because this was my life. He was very nice when he arrested her, giving me a separate phone call and keeping everything on the DL. (since my parents had divorced, my mom was my responsibility). I though maybe this was a divine intervention pay back, but no, the house was under contract the day it was listed, It was an inside deal.

Juju,
You are so right. I am absolutely drowning in life right now, but my R with D is something I would never trade. It is very unique, close, and just special. Our bond is not typical of parents who grow up in an intact family. I always read about the single parent bonds, but now I know what it really means. If I do right by her, then I have served my purpose on this earth.

I do hope you are right about this guy. He seems so great on paper. I don't know how much custody or what happened yet, but I think he has 50/50. he apologized for not texting me a happy birthday at midnight saying most of his attention is on his 5 year old by when he has him. I told him his attention is exactly where it belongs. It looks like we are going ax throwing Friday! I hope it does happen.

I am really stretched to my limit. I need a little something. How much can one person do on their own? For so many years? I just want a guy to snuggle with at the end of the day. I know, it's dumb, but my happiest moments with FF was when I would lay on his chest and we would talk and watch fire you tube videos.I'd like to have something similar with someone one day.

PT guy has been messaging me. He went out to dinner one night at a restaurant he recommended to me and sent me pics. He thinks of me. Then him, his brother, his brothers GF and my actual PT went to a concert on Saturday night, and he sent a pic of the two of them saying that they miss me. I miss them to, I really do. They were a bright spot in a crappy injury. I missed the gym tonight, which was probably for the better because my knee has been hurting and stiff.

Okay, I chewed your ears off. I'm going to go guzzle another glass of wine then pass out.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Oh my God. My cousin just told me she put me down as guardian of her 6 year old son if something happens to her and her H. They are making their will. She has so much family on her H's side, but they chose me. I am humbled and honored.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
She said " regardless of your financial or marital situation, I know that you will always him first, you are the one who knows the true meaning of family".

I am so crying.

Z
Z
Pretty strong G. I can think of nothing more powerful to say about someone than you'd pick them to look out for your child. Shoot, my cousin wouldn't trust me with a pet rock.

Happy Bday and good luck making it through the day tomorrow!

PS- if you were dating a guy would you be ok with him giving massages to a woman he worked with? I would NOT. Just curious what the non stone age crew thinks about these things...

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I would trust you with a pet rock, Zues. Thank you, it really was very powerful to me. Her H has a sister and 2 brothers, and a million cousins, but she chose me. (I don't think her H had much of a say in it).

I am on the verge of throat punching people today, and those you know me know I am calm, agreeable, and approachable, until you cross my line. Too many people crossed my line in the past 2 days. Some of these people's egos are way to big around here. And people are two-faced. I have to admit, my fellow care manager , the one who trained me, annoys me and I was actually doing much better without her here and with the other newbie that left. She whispers in my ear things she wants me to say, she goes back on other things she said and it might affect my vacation, which I will be super pissed about. Someone else thinks they are the boss and when I stood up for myself today, she kind of felt bad and began defending me to others.

I guess the raise don't come easy!

My house looks like frat boys live at it right now. I can't reach a lightbulb that needs to be changed, and I forgot to take out the garbage 2 weeks in a row down my mile long driveway. I am sorta kinda giving up on that crap. One person can only do so much.

July 1st I leave for Mexico, and if anything stops that from happening, I am going postal!

J
J
Ginger, good for you, standing up for yourself. You have a talent for interacting with people so I am sure you will come out on top with your work situation. I am ok with letting housework go for a bit. You will get back.

I kind of thought the same thing regarding the neck rub. Personally, i would not want my boyfriend massaging a young, single womans neck. I would be uncomfortable working on a male coworker cause i would be nervous about sending mixed signals and it doesnt fit with my personality. Like none of my male coworkers would ever ask me to work on them. (Accept 1 a while ago and i felt put out and uncomfortable) I am always confortable working on my female coworkers though.

That being said, i see it done frequently at my job and i am quite positive nothing is meant by it. The coworkers that are more physically affectionate are just as affectionate with the grandmother receptionist as they are with their opposite sex coworker. I am also a pbysical therapist and we basically massage people of the same and opposite sex all day long though, so not sure if my opinion counts.

I think the intent just depends on the personality..like affectionate extroverts will think nothing of it.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I think I made that massage sound worse than it was. It was by no means sensual. It was more like a "get back in the game, kiddo" kind of massage.

It does also depend on the nature of the person. Some extroverts are just that, extroverts. There are people who don't always link physical touch to something romantic and sexual. However, if you are a person who only links physical touch to something romantic and sexual and I see you start massaging someone else, well, I would raise an eyebrow.

And just as your line of work, Juju, I have been up close and personal with people in a very non-sexual way. I have taken a grown man's penis in my hands and cleaned without thinking anything sexual of it. It's my profession. So I can very well separate the two. It's kind of a must that I do!

J
J
Yes. Well worded ginger! I think i link physical touch to either romance or cuddling with a child. So its a sign of deeper love for me.

At the same time, my profession is all physical touch and i then separate and view it as healing. Absolutely no romance enters into my mind. Sometimes it does carry over into daily and friendly interactions and i have to be careful its not perceived differently with men.

Last edited by job; 06/06/18 06:14 AM. Reason: added spaces between paragraphs

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I have taken a grown man's penis in my hands and cleaned without thinking anything sexual of it.

What about the dude? Did he request wiener cleaning every 15 minutes after that?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard