Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
V
V
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I am honestly scared. Very scared. Big things to deal with alone and praying the right choices are made for me and my kid.

Ginger

You are awesome

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
But honestly it irritates the crap out of me when people who aren't in my shoes think I have all these great choices.

Ginger,

I think you nailed it; you don't have great choices because you seem to be so myopic that you can't see any possibility that a given event, that you may perceive as being "bad," may actually be providing the foundation for opportunities you never dreamed possible. Is it possible that being evicted could lead to one of the most wonderful experiences of your lifetime? It's possible, but if you're not willing to be open to the possibility then you're relegated to living a life filled with fear and regret (aka neurosis).

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am afraid I am a realist, not a dreamy optimist.

No, getting evicted will not be one of the most wonderful experiences of my lifetime. How can you even say that to a single mother of a young kid with no family?!?!

WTF?

D
D
Ginger,

I didn't say getting evicted was a wonderful experience.

V
V
Ginger you are awesome because you make the tough calls whatever they are and you face them, however rough.

V

V 64, WAW

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you V. I am getting faced with a lot of tough calls and I just have to do what is right for my little family.

So, I raised my bid and I still did not get it. SOmeone actually bid over asking. I was heartbroken. I was nerve-wracked all day yesterday and I was super hopeful, I did feel like this was the one. But I guess it just wasn't meant for me. It was a rough day on a few levels yesterday, but my daughter did something really sweet for me. She went out to dinner with her BFF and back to their house to swim. She called me from their house and told me the adults were over and I should come and hang out with them. When I got there they told me "D10 said she didn't want me to sit at home alone while everyone was here having fun and she asked them if I could come hang out" It melted my heart. They said she is always looking out for me. We stayed late, I had some wine and we had a great time. I drank too much wine, so we walked home (I live 2 streets uphill) Today we went to see another house which was awful. It smelled like old dead people. There is a townhome I would love which is on a golf course so the fees are really high. But I get to golf for free!I took D10 to the garden center today where they were having a kids day and she pained me a put with a flower for my birthday. It was very sweet.

Yeah, so, tomorrow is my birthday. It's just me and the kid. I never ask anyone to do anything with us on my birthday. my friends and their spouses all have b days around mine, so they do their thing. Thursday I am going out for a friend's birth and Friday........

I have a date. We will see if it will actually happen. 39 year old single father of a 5 year old. Good looking, home owner, and employed. And he chose the place for the date which he thinks will encompass everything I like. I love when guys take initiative. He also wants to go to this ax throwing place with me that just opened up. I hope we hit it off because he sounds like a fun thoughtful guy and we have the same kid weekends, haha. I don't count on these things ever working out, but I hope we atleast get the date.

I'm hoping something works out!

P
P
good for you Ginger... hope the date goes well!

V
V
Happy Birthday Ginger.

V

V 64, WAW

job Offline
Enjoy your date. Happy Birthday a bit early. Try to enjoy your special day w/your daughter. She loves you very much.

As for the bid on the house...maybe it wasn't meant to be, but I bet if you searched all of the wants adds and check out facebook for home sales, you might find something so much better. Keep in mind, when looking for homes, don't judge it by it's cover totally, a coat of paint, new carpets and opening the windows can do a lot for a place.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
J
J
You have the most beautiful, sensitive, empathetic daughter. She really is special. I think the depth of the relationships that develop between single parents and their children is a silver lining. Its beyond the typical parent child relationship. And they do form these relationships with the "real" parent. They know. I love reading about you and your daughter. Its just always so positive. You guys are both lucky in that regard.

Also, Happy Birthday!!!

And good luck with your date. I have a good feeling about this one. How much custody does he get? Was he a LBS?
These would be important to know, but i get that you have to be light in the beginning.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard